My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Just reading that makes me want to stay away from it. It was shown in Lords of Salem that Sheri cannot act. It's like Zombie gave her a chance at acting and then immediately pulled the plug on it. I know that's not why she is just another gogo dancer in this, but it's just funny how she goes from a leading lady in a horror film to just a dancer. I guess the only talent she has is working out to keep her body in shape. It's worse than Burton repeatedly casting Depp in his films.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    25 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Bloody Disgusting gave it a thumbs up. Probably to get their name on the Blu-Ray cover.

I saw a reply somewhere where it said "I saw 8 reviews so far and this is the only one that didn't include "Steaming pile of..." so I will take it with a grain of salt."

Last edited by Macready; 01-26-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Bloody Disgusting gave it a thumbs up. Probably to get their name on the Blu-Ray cover.

I saw a reply somewhere where it said "I saw 8 reviews so far and this is the only one that didn't include "Steaming pile of..." so I will take it with a grain of salt."
    Its Rob Zombie... what do you expect?
    Which director did he steal a style from for this movie and how did his lack of film making abilities fuck it up?

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    25 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    He has his own style which is called shitty. The argument for Zombie has always been he can be a good director but can't write a script for shit. That has come and gone, he just sucks. Then there is always the spin if the integrity of his characters is brought up and their "acting" ..."Well what did you expect?". Please, that is not an excuse especially when he thinks the garbage he churns out is so good.

Gore and white trash depravity don't make a movie good. Especially when it is wash-rinse-repeat with him.

Synopsis from the Variety review should answer your questions, braven:

The protagonists here are an RV-full of potty-mouthed, grab-handy carnys driving to their next gig on Halloween in 1976. After a stop at a creepy gas station, they’re halted by a line of scarecrows blocking a dusty rural road. Soon several of the travelers are dead, and the others hauled forcibly to some sort of abandoned industrial compound where three aristos in Louis XIV powder and wigs (Malcolm McDowell, Judy Geeson and Jane Carr) inform them they are now playing the “game” of 31. Which is basically “The Most Dangerous Game” meets “Saw,” plus elements of Oliver Stone’s “Seizure,” “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” and so on.

That leaves girly-show dancer Charly (Sheri Moon Zombie), the much older Venus (Meg Foster), Panda (Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs), Levon (Kevin Jackson) and Roscoe (Jeff Daniel Phillips) in a trap-laden maze where they are serially laid siege to by the aforementioned evil little person (Pancho Moler), three chainsaw-wielding clowns, and a couple of full-sized Aryan “master race” caricatures (Elizabeth Daily, Torsten Voges).

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+
    Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 303
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    Damn Mac. You've got alot of Hate for Rob Zombie, and I mean genuine Hate, like you personally know the dude. So what happened? Did you get kicked out of White Zombie or something, used to go to school together an he was a bully? Did he piss on an ancestors grave? I would genuinely like to know. Because Im under the impression you would Cap his Ass if you had a Chance.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    25 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Nah, no hate...just don't like him or his movies...but not on a hate level. KM would cap his ass though.

I do genuinely enjoy making fun of him because his films make it so easy. His antics suck as well, like banning people from his pages if they voice a differing opinion. Either like what he does or you don't matter in his eyes.
    Happened to someone here...I just can't remember who. There also is the whole give me $1,000 to help make another shitty movie and I'll follow you on Twitter.

Come on man, these reviews are hilarious! Some of these guys say much worse things than I have.

Not much difference with what I'm saying than what his supporters say for the opposite opinion. Best movie ever just because he made it, sad really.

Bottom line is he comes off as a douche and he sucks at film making.

I do dig some of his music

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I like most of Zombie's movies. He's a competent director, but not a very good writer. And whether you love it or hate it, there's no denying that Zombie has his own style and he flavors all his films with it. Directing-wise zombie is much like Tarantino in that he pays homage to directors he respects and borrows scenes/techniques from them...unlike Tarantino, Zombie's just not as good at it. He get's a bad wrap and like Mac said is an easy target. I'll watch this and I'm sure it will be ok...which is better than the majority of horror movies that come out these days.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    And whether you love it or hate it, there's no denying that Zombie has his own style and he flavors all his films with it.
    Outside of unrealistic characters, ive never seen a consistent style with him for me to call it his own.... i wouldnt say unrealistic characters is a style of his own either or unique.
    Is it Sherri Moon? Can we consider his wife a "style"? He throws her horribly acting ass into every movie he makes.

You know who he is? Horrors version of Adam Sandler.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    25 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    If he had someone do the writing and he sticks with simply directing the outcome has to be better. His movies are like a 5th grader wrote the scripts and dialogue. It can't possibly get worse, it can only get better IF he doesn't do the writing. Oh, and not cast Sheri. That is why Tarantino is Tarantino and Zombie is well...Zombie. Tarantino can write a script like nobody else can. Top it off he can write dialogue better than anyone possibly in the history of film. Tarantino borrowing from other films as inspiration is truly honoring the source material and making the makers of the source material proud. Don't think that is the sentiment with Mr. Zombie.

Strt is right, the ultimate downfall is RZ thinks he can write and direct. He has proven he can't over and over.

You know who he is? Horrors version of Adam Sandler.
    Great example!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Great example!
    I dont mean for it to be funny, he just is. Look at the things he does.
    He steals other peoples scripts.
    He has no actual directing style of his own.
    He uses the same actors over and over.
    He uses himself or family members in main roles.
    This all equals low budget, high grossing.
    Its the same formula. If we put advertisements in the movies themselves, then it would be spot on.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I think it's odd that there's soooooooooooooooooo much worse out there yet people shit on an ok director that is creating movies the way he wants instead of lambasting the shit that actually drags down the good name of the horror genre. You guys are picking low hanging fruit while there's rotten ones deeper in the tree that need clearing.

I just don't understand shitting on him for making ok movies.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I think it's odd that there's soooooooooooooooooo much worse out there yet people shit on an ok director that is creating movies the way he wants instead of lambasting the shit that actually drags down the good name of the horror genre. You guys are picking low hanging fruit while there's rotten ones deeper in the tree that need clearing.

Its less about him and more about the undeserved work he continues to get and credit from fans he gets.
    I have yet to meet a zombie movie fan, who was not a goth metal fan before zombie started directing. If we take away this music fanbase that started prior to him directing movies, then he would be talked about in the same vein as Uwe Boll.

BTW, "low hanging fruit"...... ya... it is low.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 01-27-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    25 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang

The reason for me are the ones that are also rotten pretty much know it and carry on knowing it.
    It's fun to lambaste the Paranormal Activities of the world but they know what they are and for the most part show no shame in it.
    But Zombies films are terrible yet he thinks they are some of the best in the genre and turns around to ask fans for money to help get the next one made.
    At least learn from your mistakes. Outside of the awful Halloween remakes he has done what is truly different between the rest of the films he made?
    They all have the same problems. Hell if played back to back with no interruptions they could be all one in the same shitty movie!
    Even if you say they are all "OK" wouldn't you want to take some of the criticisms from the previous ones and correct it? It's either ego or just stupidity getting in the way.
    For the PA films it's the money they make getting in the way. The studios don't give a shit the movies aren't good, they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Until he decides to swallow his pride and correct all the shit that is wrong with the films he makes (not writing is the first huge step) he will continue to be a schlock film maker.
    Just because he is making movies the way he wants doesn't make them good for the genre. Being such a rebel and knowing this film isn't going to to jack shit in theaters why comply with the MPAA to make an R rating, especially since it is for his "fans"?

Last edited by Macready; 01-27-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    Have you seen my sister,
    Laurie?

Status
    Last Online
    05-27-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1
    I am personally not into exploitation flicks but I'll give this a shot. I already have seen four of his movies: House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects and the remakes of Halloween; which I both loved. Let's see how this goes. Although I do find myself guilty of watching exploitation flicks: A Serbian Film comes to mind. The Green Inferno.. although the gore was pretty tame, aside from the first death.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167
    Murder school is now in session!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    25 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Looks like every other Rob Zombie movie

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    25 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Looks like every other Rob Zombie movie
    Which is not good. Even worse it shows he isn't learning from his mistakes and continues to think he can write a competent script.

But seriously how can you make a handful of movies all look exactly the same, especially if they are shitty?

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    That looks like absolute trash. Looks exactly like every other movie he's done. At least Lords of Salem he stepped outside the box of having redneck characters. And I love the beginning, "horror mastermind". Sure

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    This looks great! I can't wait to get my copy of it, since I did shill in $50 for a copy. This looks very promising, even if people seem to have some strange dislike for him, I respect him highly as a filmmaker and he wants to make the movies he wants to make which is more ideal.

The only movies of his I can't say I cared much for are two of his Halloween movies, but everything else is great. Loved House of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects, Haunted World of El Superbeasto and I really enjoyed and loved Lords of Salem.

BRING ON 31!!!

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast