Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang

The Possession of Michael King

This looks like an interesting possession flick. Free screenings of this are coming to some major cities such as NY, LA, and Chicago.

Pretty damn cool actually!

THE POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING’s East Coast screening will be held on Thursday, August 7 at 7 p.m. Venue: New York City’s Cinema Village (22 East 12th Street, off University Place; [212] 924-3363). To obtain tickets to the NYC show, send an e-mail to fangoriascreening@gmail.com. You must list “POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING: New York” as your subject line. Fango’s Tony Timpone will be emceeing in the Big Apple.

THE POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING’s West Coast screening will be held on Thursday, August 7 at 8 p.m. Venue: Los Angeles’ legendary New Beverly Cinema (7165 West Beverly Boulevard; [323] 938-4038). To obtain tickets to the LA screening, send an e-mail to fangoriascreening@gmail.com. You must list “POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING: LA” as your subject line. Come meet Fango’s Bekah McKendry at the California preview.

THE POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING’s Southwest screening will be held on Thursday, August 14 at 9 p.m. Venue: Austin’s renowned Alamo Drafthouse (Lakeline location, 14028 North, US Highway 183, Building F; [512] 861-7070). To obtain tickets to the Austin preview, send an e-mail to fangoriascreening@gmail.com. You must list “POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING: Austin” as your subject line. Local horror personality and Fangoria TV host Professor Griffin and friend Danvers will be official stage ringleaders in Texas!

THE POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING’s Midwest screening will be held on Thursday, August 14 at 8 p.m. Venue: Chicago historic show palace The Portage Theater (4050 North Milwaukee Avenue). To obtain tickets to the Windy City preview, send an e-mail to fangoriascreening@gmail.com. You must list “POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING: Chicago” as your subject line. Glen Murray from SciFiHorror will handle hosting chores in Chi-Town.

http://www.fangoria.com/new/free-fan...ur-u-s-cities/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    I want to say this looks good, but only time will tell.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    the-possession-of-michael-king-poster.jpg

Well, for me this is just another mediocre possession flick. It does have some pacing issues but I would be lying if I said I did not find thins genuinely creepy at times. It is a movie that starts off stronger than it finishes. With a running time of under an hour and a half it does come close to outstaying its welcome.

The found footage aspect is annoying at times. What is obviously an attempt to bring the viewer closer into what is taking place ends up being more of a distraction than anything else.

The premise is interesting at the start but they throw in a few twists that to me don't completely make sense and seem to be in there just so the writers can get a cheap "got ya!".

There is more blood here than most possession flicks and the performances are actually quite good but the overall tone of the film does not set the mood properly. Even though the run time is so short it definitely feels longer. I'm not disappointed because I did not expect much but then again I am still looking for a possession movie to come along that will actually be good.

5/10 - Not horrible, not good. Somewhere between the two. Even at the paltry what is listed as 83 minutes, use your time on something else.

Last edited by Macready; 08-08-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-17-2020

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3
    I enjoyed this, thought the lead was great, Nothing ground breaking in the plot but just one of the movies that didnt blow me away but was very watchable 6.5/10

The Breathing Furnace
    Marty loved horror movies...
    Until his life turned into
    one.

Status
    Last Online
    10-09-2020

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Ausylon PSN ID Ausylo Steam ID Ausylon
    Was wanting to see this. I will check this one out soon.

+ Reply to Thread