09-09-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 37

Horror Shows on TV

http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/2014...ows-on-tv.html

I blogged about the horror TV shows I grew up watching whats everyone's favorite horror tv show?

Mine is a toss up between Tales from the Crypt and Tales from the Darkside

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Kolchak, the Night Stalker

...I'm trying to think about how old I was the first time I saw this show. It might have been as early as the first grade when I saw bits of the vampire episode. By about third or fourth grade I was a regular fan. I loved it.

Night Gallery

...I remember seeing bits of this before I was even school age. It was well into syndication by the time I was in early elementary school.

Dark Shadows

...in fourth grade we'd sometimes get to watch this, the original, while one of my teachers graded papers or if I was home during the day. The remake was what lead into Twin Peaks if I'm not mistaken and I enjoyed that too.

Werewolf

...I would have been in junior high when this was first run. Loved it.

This Is Horror/World of Horror

...likewise, this was on cable in one version while I was in junior high and then I saw it released under a second name with different segments into high school. Sometime in the mid 1990s I ended up helping out a buddy directing his first short film and the writer/director/producer of this show answered the ad looking for crew and worked with us. I was one of the few people he'd ever met who knew of his show and the only one he'd ever met that had seen both versions.

Cliffhanger: "Dracula '79"

...I was in second grade for this one. I wasn't old enough yet to appreciate its homage to the old serials but a few years later I'd see the original The Secret Empire on PBS' Matinee at the Bijou. I had already seen a few Lee/Hammer films by this point as well as George Hamilton's comedic turn as The Count.

Freaky Links

...I seem to remember liking this.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

...nuff said. I was already a "grown ass man" for this and the previous entry but I've never felt like a "grown up".

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 09-30-2014 at 01:20 AM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Off the top of my head:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Millennium
    G vs E
    Tales From the Crypt

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Does the Jersey Shore count? That shits terrifying.

In all seriousness, no one ever mentions Doctor Who when they talk about horror and tv. But fact is that show tends to creep me out more then most movies. And i think its becuase they do a more traditional horror that relies on basic visuals and your own mind working. Very Hitchcocky..... Hitchcock'esk........Hitchcockian......Hitchcockish.... ..... whatever.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 09-30-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-09-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 37
    [QUOTE=BurnetRhoades;1119816]Kolchak, the Night Stalker

...I'm trying to think about how old I was the first time I saw this show. It might have been as early as the first grade when I saw bits of the vampire episode. By about third or fourth grade I was a regular fan. I loved it.

Night Gallery

...I remember seeing bits of this before I was even school age. It was well into syndication by the time I was in early elementary school.

Dark Shadows

...in fourth grade we'd sometimes get to watch this, the original, while one of my teachers graded papers or if I was home during the day. The remake was what lead into Twin Peaks if I'm not mistaken and I enjoyed that too.

Werewolf

...I would have been in junior high when this was first run. Loved it.

This Is Horror/World of Horror

...likewise, this was on cable in one version while I was in junior high and then I saw it released under a second name with different segments into high school. Sometime in the mid 1990s I ended up helping out a buddy directing his first short film and the writer/director/producer of this show answered the ad looking for crew and worked with us. I was one of the few people he'd ever met who knew of his show and the only one he'd ever met that had seen both versions.

Cliffhanger: "Dracula '79"

...I was in second grade for this one. I wasn't old enough yet to appreciate its homage to the old serials but a few years later I'd see the original The Secret Empire on PBS' Matinee at the Bijou. I had already seen a few Lee/Hammer films by this point as well as George Hamilton's comedic turn as The Count.[B][I]

I never heard of the Cliffhangers show going to find some episodes and I too remember the Dark Shadows TV series in the early 90s but only really recently discovered from Chiller channel

Last edited by moregore; 10-02-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Since we have some videos of our favorite horror shows from the past already in place. I'll go for overkill with some of my favorite intros, remixes and tributes out there.

What can I say, I miss these two shows. Behind them, I'd like to see the Sopranos come back out of nowhere since David Chase came out recently saying he believes Tony lived. Unfortunately, with Jimmy G dead, you can't win them all...maybe a prequel show during the early years.

Bonus intro at the end for 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' which had its moments at times.

+ Reply to Thread