Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2
    The main problem in this movie is it feels like we missed an Avengers 1.5 or Iron Man 4 movie somewhere in between Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron. Tony has his suits back, has a back up plan for when Banner has his anger management issues, SW has a calming method for taking care of Hulk, Thor is now a full on Asgardian Bro familiar with human social behavior and humor. I'd like if Iron Man 4 started before Age of Ultron but ended somewhere after Civil War...or atleast if CW addresses some of the plot holes from Age of Ultron

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Once I was normal among the sheep.Now I'm immortal, in the night I creep.

I run an mma blog,check it out
    armbarsmmaworld.blogspot.com

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    I think after Marvel's Infinity Wars parts 1 and 2, Marvel and DC are pretty much over and done with in superhero movies being the new hopeful trend in creating good cinematic thrills and hopes for the H-wood studios staying relevant. Age of Ultron, while not a bad movie by any means, I have to say was an over-all underwhelming experience that could have benefited from telling a different kind of story instead of rehashing the first Avengers movie and after reading about Joss Whedon having left the MCU because Disney/Marvel were brutally pressuring him to make it like the first film exactly rather than give him time to spend with it to make it into something more than what we got saying that the Ultron experience "broke him".

The same pressure of creative differences that saw the decline of Edgar Wright who was more than up to the task to give us something funny and amazing with Ant Man, but Marvel and Disney are not interested in fresh new ideas to telling stories anymore as is the case, I mean thank christ for James Gunn being able to get away with everything he did on Guardians, even if he admitted he wanted to do more exploration with Ronan the Accuser, and just recently Josh Trank was fired from Fox and dropped from Disney's Star Wars spin-off movie and even Kevin Fiege is leaving and many other visionaries are leaving the mainstream industry to go on and make the movies they want to make.

It's really sad how Iron Man kicked off the Marvel Cinematic Universe into high gear by doing the right thing with letting creatives make the movies they wanted to make while staying faithful to their original source material (from whatever people have said because I don't care about superhero comic books that much aside from "Watchmen"), and now like every other H-wood studio it looks like Marvel and Disney are indeed becoming more and more afraid of letting creatives thrive and to provide everyone with something new in terms of story, which is kind of fucked up given that they "thanked" all the Marvel fans for their support for "new ideas" and now it looks like they're just taking the easy way out, Disney itself with all of its live action movies like just recently Maleficent was a beautiful-looking disaster of a movie that had some good ideas in it but not a very good movie, I've heard nothing good about Cinderella and of course we have their biggest disasterpiece ever Alice in Wonderland when they had just gotten rid of that bastardizing Michael Eisner who destroyed every Disney property he ever touched and they were doing so well with movies like Wreck it Ralph and Tomorrowland looks...okay for the most part and even Star Wars looks great even if Disney and J.J.Abrams had creative problems with the movie and it seems Disney is going back to putting a strangle hold on anyone who dares provide something new and out of the box.

I get that SOME, meaning a very, very tiny fraction of it, of studio involvement can save a film sort-of, but mostly they do nothing but hurt the films being made and they just blame it on the filmmakers and take no responsibility which is what all studios in H-wood are doing. Say what you will about Netflix at LEAST they have the guts to come out with individual works from creative without terrible backlash from the fuck-headed MPAA to ruin everything, so I think Netflix will succeed fully even when H-wood is counting down the decades when it slowly collapses on itself for its own greedy stupidity.

Superheroes will become the new Twilight and Zombies of the indie market and some of them might be good, only if done by a miracle, but will mostly be done by talentless hacks and even Marvel might still kick the ball around along with DC and Warner Bros. who will also meet the same fate with their superhero line-up that might actually fail because they won't be able to compete with Marvel's Infinity Wars and once Infinity Wars comes and goes I'm sure everyone will be satisfied and ask for something different and will get sick and tired of superheroes because there is nothing interesting being done with any of them and the formula itself gets extremely tiresome, myself included even if I'll be there to see the superhero movies.

We're all privileged to see this coming, and Age of Ultron has already shown us the down-ward spiral that it's not going to get any better than that even with new heroes taking up the sequel mantle from Iron Man and company with the likes of Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and Spider-Ahem...and once all is said and done in the big finale they'll give all the comic book properties to D-list hacks who will just make the movies for easy profit.

So when that day comes, and be sure to mark my words because it surely will happen, let's not give our hopes up should this lead to Marvel and DC's downfalls, because you can even look at the two once comic book publishers now wanting to be more of the studios because that's where the real money is going and I think it's safe to say that Marvel and DC have stopped caring about their comic book roots because if they did care about their comic books so damn much they would use advertising for their books which they do nothing with, not even using YouTube to make little adverts for their stuff but it's also because not everyone is into superhero comics, most people want variety in comics even the underground, indie comics that push the envelope and don't have to constantly cater to mass audiences, niche titles will make their money alone and what these guys are doing is just wanting to make all the money even if that means destroying their own comic book worlds in the process.

Last edited by Toby; 05-19-2015 at 08:38 PM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    As long as I've been out of touch with comics I must say that I am impressed with the fact that I remembered Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, but I identified as to who they were right off the bat in the movie. Of course it seems as if I am missing something since they've killed off Quicksilver just as fast as they bring him into the storyline. Not sure if hes even dead in the comic books at this point something I'll have to google up later. Although I found the film to drag in places I still found it pretty enjoyable.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Way to spoil the movie necro

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Yeah, holy shit dude.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-29-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Yo Toby, i don't wanna pull the "didn't read" card here but ho lee phuck, did I not read all that.

Judging glimpses of what I skimmed through I gotta disagree with you.

Marvel is losing steam, that much is a given. Lighting is out of the bottle and they can't recapture it no matter how hard they try. But let's not throw them under the bus just yet. They got plany al the way through 2020. And they have yet to introduce Inhumans,Ant man, Miss Marvel, Panther, Doc Strange(who in my opinion will be the major game changer for future movies, if they get him right, lighting's back in the bottle) they have a lot of wiggle room with those characters when the current top stars(Stark, Cap and Thor) become stale. Also, Spidey's back home in NY with marvel and that is huge. Just with him we get Osborne, Symbiote(with a possible secret wars story),Venom, Carnage(with a potential Maximum Carnage movie). They just need a focus shift from the old start to the new ones.

DC is faaar from done. In fact I'll go as far as to say that if their movies end up looking even half decent they will slowly begin to out gross marvel. They have a fucking Batman vs Superman movie coming up and a Suicide Squad movie with a new Joker lined up after it. Now way in hell does marvel top that. DC also has full control over their characters. Marvel is heavily damaged in the space area with Surfer and Galactus tied up with Fox and Fantastic 4..... that's about it. I don't really know how to end this rant. Stop reading.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I think after Marvel's Infinity Wars parts 1 and 2, Marvel and DC are pretty much over and done with in superhero movies being the new hopeful trend in creating good cinematic thrills and hopes for the H-wood studios staying relevant.
    Yah, they'll just let the franchises rot on the side while missing out of a couple billion dollars. Sounds like Hollywood alright.

Once IW is up.... the reboots start.
    The thing about superheros is you will always have an audience and the majority of that audience will be the people parents spend the money on.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    11 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    This thread summed up so far:

Age of Ultron is awesome.
    Debatable if it is better than the first.
    Holy shit, SPOILERS!
    Those damned, greedy studios keep ruining movies and holding back "creative minds".

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    Yo Toby, i don't wanna pull the "didn't read" card here but ho lee phuck, did I not read all that.

Judging glimpses of what I skimmed through I gotta disagree with you.

Marvel is losing steam, that much is a given. Lighting is out of the bottle and they can't recapture it no matter how hard they try. But let's not throw them under the bus just yet. They got plany al the way through 2020. And they have yet to introduce Inhumans,Ant man, Miss Marvel, Panther, Doc Strange(who in my opinion will be the major game changer for future movies, if they get him right, lighting's back in the bottle) they have a lot of wiggle room with those characters when the current top stars(Stark, Cap and Thor) become stale. Also, Spidey's back home in NY with marvel and that is huge. Just with him we get Osborne, Symbiote(with a possible secret wars story),Venom, Carnage(with a potential Maximum Carnage movie). They just need a focus shift from the old start to the new ones.

DC is faaar from done. In fact I'll go as far as to say that if their movies end up looking even half decent they will slowly begin to out gross marvel. They have a fucking Batman vs Superman movie coming up and a Suicide Squad movie with a new Joker lined up after it. Now way in hell does marvel top that. DC also has full control over their characters. Marvel is heavily damaged in the space area with Surfer and Galactus tied up with Fox and Fantastic 4..... that's about it. I don't really know how to end this rant. Stop reading.
    That's okay, I didn't think you'd read all of it, I was about to say "kudos" if you did! XD

But what I was getting at is that Marvel/DC are slowly killing off filmmaking talents with creativity to provide an imaginatively healthy environment for the film industry and how Marvel was starting out good and is slowly turning into a cynical pile of meh like everything does when its had its fun and the big industry head-honchos come up and start cutting up the ropes that are keeping creatives afloat with the movies they're making, you know pressuring the artist to constantly work for the audience to the point of being broken, especially when it feels like said audience doesn't deserve to have such nice movies or nice anything because most people are elephant seals.

Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Yah, they'll just let the franchises rot on the side while missing out of a couple billion dollars. Sounds like Hollywood alright.

The thing about superheros is you will always have an audience and the majority of that audience will be the people parents spend the money on.
    Fair point on the reboot bit, but even with that said the formula will get old and a majority of parents will keep taking their kids to see these movies and devoted comic books fans who forget about how proper stories are told will support the reboots like Michael Bay fans and surely H-wood will always try to find a way to survive through sequels and reboots and surely this will keep them going on for a good while, but it won't be long until theaters will start charging more money for ticket sales to the point where no one can afford to go to any of these events unless you're stupid-rich, then there will be a financial collapse of H-wood that will find ways to stay above water, greenlighting safer projects or just call it quits and try to ruin the television industry because they have more story and character quality than mainstream movies are allowing.

So yeah, they'll have their reboots and sequels but do you know what we're going to get less of in result of this? Less creatively original indie movies that get little to no adverts, because H-wood fails at giving variety for the quality of their films, where big-budget production cash comes from strange and mysteriously disturbing investors who have expectations and everybody loses...unless you're with Netflix. The MPAA being the horrible religious cult that they are are telling you and others what to think or feel when watching a movie which is why we don't have risky sex comedies with full-blown nudity, sex is constantly a big issue among people for some disturbing reason, gays and lesbians are almost never really present, very little room for lead actors to be anyhing but white depending on the movie of course.

Last edited by Toby; 05-20-2015 at 11:46 PM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-29-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    But it really looks like the top dogs are loving the everliving fuck out of their roles. Just saw some set pics for Civil War, Evans is all smiles and sporting some bitchin' shades. Hiddelstein's( i don't know if I wrote it the right way) Loki is so over done it's not even funny yet it seems Tom enjoys every moment as the character, same goes for Thor and Downey. I think the production crew suffers the most, because Marvel is pushing a certain Vision( see what I did there?) with their movies and it showed a lot in Dark World and Age of Ultron. With the first batch of movies you get that their setting up a certain bad guy for the all star team up but it isn't as forced. Age of Ultron literally felt like an episode of Agents of Shield but with a much bigger budget. No start and a finish just so they can set up a Civil War, which(according to Evans) is a set up for Infinity Wars. It's like Marvel wants to listen to the fans but they just end up overdoing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post

No reeboting of will be necessary. There's a reason we got a New Avengers academy at the end of AoU and why Marvel announced feature films for Doc Strange, Panther, Spidey, Wanda and Inhumans. Like I said, a foucs shift will happen and they will become the new top stars. You can pretty much bank on Doc Strange becoming the new Iron Man(popularity wise) if everything goes as planned. Downey is getting greedy and Iron Man is getting annoying. They need a fresh face, Cum..ber...batshitcrazylastname will be it. Also, potential spoilers for Civil War
    Spoiler...
    in the comics Civil War ends with The death of Captain America story arc where Crossbone snipes him and Bucky become the new Cap. Since it just so happnes that Cap 2 gave us the Winter Soldier(Bucky) and Rumlow(Crossbone) and it just so happens that both return in CW. I don't have to be a wizard to predict that Cap dies at the end of Civil War and that Bucky more then likely becomes the new Cap.

Last edited by voodoo; 05-21-2015 at 02:26 AM.

HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+
    Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 303
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    I disagree on ur spoiler. Evans has one more flick on his contract after Civil War.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Finally caught this--liked it. Was equally as good as the first to me. Good action, funny bits, cool new characters (except for the fast dude, didn't like him much). The Vision was cool. 8/10

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-29-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by hacknslash View Post
    I disagree on ur spoiler. Evans has one more flick on his contract after Civil War.

Well that means jack and shit. That can end up being just a cameo. Guy playing Winter Soldier said he has a 9 movie contract and Bucky gets a bigger role in future marvel movies following Civil War.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    I can see Bucky taking on the role of Captain America. Marvel Studios has already shown they're willing to change the roster.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-29-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Well too me it's obvious they are heading in that direction. Bucky is introduced, Crossbones is introduced, Civil War is 3rd Cap movie.... everything is point towards a passing of the torch. I believe Evanas will be in more Marvel movies, but maybe cameos or stock footage or something like that but in full Cap gear.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    I liked it. Never been much of a superhero comic dude so i'm not all that hip on some of the characters/backstories etc.

Can somebody fill me in on why Cpt. America was actually able to move Thors hammer? - something that seemed unnoticeable to himself, or any of the others of the group except Thor himself.

Last edited by Solo; 09-09-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Can somebody fill me in on why Cpt. America was actually able to move Thors hammer? - something that seemed unnoticeable to himself, or any of the others of the group except Thor himself.
    The idea behind thor's hammer is only those worthy (usually pure of heart) can even budge it. In the first Thor movie even Thor himself couldn't lift it until he regained his worth, he also pinned his jerk brother down with the weight of it. In the comics cap has wielded it a number of times along with a few others.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    The idea behind thor's hammer is only those worthy (usually pure of heart) can even budge it. In the first Thor movie even Thor himself couldn't lift it until he regained his worth, he also pinned his jerk brother down with the weight of it. In the comics cap has wielded it a number of times along with a few others.

Thanks for the heads up. Had to skip to it a couple of times to see if i actually saw what i thought i saw and Thors expression sealed it.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Thor's expression was hilarious

Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 228
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Not even an Avengers fan but I enjoyed Age of Ultron.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast