+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 142



  1. #61
    Yup
    I'm gonna shove one of those
    fake hearing devices so far up
    your ass, you can hear the
    sound of your small intestine
    as it produces shit!
     
    Macready's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    10 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Member #
    1426
    Location
    'Jersey
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,826
    Threads
    346
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 178
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    I got that tone too... but how does feeding it mealworms convey that? Because it didn't to me. It felt like.. hey it would be cool if she fed it something disgusting.
    For me it said that she would continue to do what she had been doing for the entire film. She would never recover from that loss and continue to keep her anger and remorse for it aimed at him.

    But others have different ways of seeing what it means. That's why I think the ending is fitting. But I like my conclusion best so far...it is the most tragic. Tragic ending for a very grating and tense film.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

    Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

  2. #62
    Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace
     
    Darkgod's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member #
    712
    Location
    Jersey Representing
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,152
    Threads
    194
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 58
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    For me it said that she would continue to do what she had been doing for the entire film. She would never recover from that loss and continue to keep her anger and remorse for it aimed at him.

    But others have different ways of seeing what it means. That's why I think the ending is fitting. But I like my conclusion best so far...it is the most tragic. Tragic ending for a very grating and tense film.
    That's fine, and there were many ways they could have conveyed that. But choosing to feed it worms just didn't fit IMO.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #63
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    She should have fed it cake.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #64
    Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.
     
    bravenewworld1's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    57 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Member #
    10417
    Posts
    2,906
    Threads
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 52
    I enjoyed the flick.
    Does a great job of building tension. No fake jump scares or loud noise scares. Produced and directed very similarly to older horror movies.
    Between this and Starry Eyes i feel there is hope for horror movies yet.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #65
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    I don't mind 'homage' to old movies. House of the Devil for example (except for the ending). The Maniac remake. Just don't make it derivative.

    This movie is derivative of John Carpenter's Halloween. From the opening shot.

    The Babadook and Starry Eyes own this movie. While not the most original, they at least put a somewhat original spin on what has gone on before.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #66
    Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.
     
    bravenewworld1's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    57 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Member #
    10417
    Posts
    2,906
    Threads
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 52
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    I don't mind 'homage' to old movies. House of the Devil for example (except for the ending). The Maniac remake. Just don't make it derivative.

    This movie is derivative of John Carpenter's Halloween. From the opening shot.

    The Babadook and Starry Eyes own this movie. While not the most original, they at least put a somewhat original spin on what has gone on before.
    Virtually every slasher movie mimics Halloween. But this was not a slasher movie nor did it mimic Halloween... im not sure where you get that, but whatever.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #67
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,159
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 898
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    He probably heard the soundtrack and it reminded him of Halloween, so now the entire movie is a rip off of Halloween.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #68
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Virtually every slasher movie mimics Halloween.
    Not really.


    But this was not a slasher movie nor did it mimic Halloween...
    Halloween is not a slasher movie either.

    im not sure where you get that, but whatever.
    It's quite obvious if you watch them back to back.

    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    He probably heard the soundtrack and it reminded him of Halloween, so now the entire movie is a rip off of Halloween.
    Thank you Mr Arrogant Metal Head.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #69
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,159
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 898
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    Halloween is not a slasher movie either.

    -1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #70
    Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES
     
    strtfghtr's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Member #
    13259
    Location
    Bungleville, CT
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,947
    Threads
    220
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 219
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    Halloween is not a slasher movie either.
    Wow.

    I'd love to hear this explanation. Maybe next you can tell us how Godzilla isn't a Kaiju film and the Exorcist isn't a supernatural/possession film.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Fools believe bullshit without evaluation. Fools believe bullshit without reason, because they like the story or they want to fit in. Fools believe bullshit that has no scientific basis, or in some cases, directly conflicts with scientific knowledge. But foolishness can be cured. We have all been fools at one time or another, and intelligent people learn from their foolish mistakes and try not to make them again." - Dave Silverman

    All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

    https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

  11. #71
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    What? Slasher is a genre. Halloween takes from Psycho, Italian giallo flicks and other films that were made before. Friday the 13th is the first slasher movie. It was an important movie in the evolution of the genre, though, like Psycho. But it belongs more in the category of 'suspense thriller'.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #72
    Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.
     
    bravenewworld1's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    57 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Member #
    10417
    Posts
    2,906
    Threads
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 52
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    What? Slasher is a genre. Halloween takes from Psycho, Italian giallo flicks and other films that were made before. Friday the 13th is the first slasher movie. It was an important movie in the evolution of the genre, though, like Psycho. But it belongs more in the category of 'suspense thriller'.
    Halloween is THE slasher that kicked off the slasher genera of the late 70s and 80s.
    Some will argue it was the first, some wont, but personally ive never heard anyone question its importance in the slasher genera.... so congratulations on being a first.




    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #73
    Yup
    I'm gonna shove one of those
    fake hearing devices so far up
    your ass, you can hear the
    sound of your small intestine
    as it produces shit!
     
    Macready's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    10 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Member #
    1426
    Location
    'Jersey
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,826
    Threads
    346
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 178
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    It could even be argued that Bay of Blood is the original slasher flick as well, a film that F13th practically imitates to an extent.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

    Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

  14. #74
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    What about Black Christmas? Oh, it wasn't a big hit at the American box office. Only difference.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #75
    Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES
     
    strtfghtr's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Member #
    13259
    Location
    Bungleville, CT
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,947
    Threads
    220
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 219
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    What about Black Christmas? Oh, it wasn't a big hit at the American box office. Only difference.
    Yeah that shatters your own argument...Black Christmas, Bay of Blood, and The Town That Dreaded Sundown all came out before Halloween and all of them are slashers that F13 rips off...so saying that F13 is the "first" slasher is nonsensical.

    He's obviously being a "poe" and trying to start an argument.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Fools believe bullshit without evaluation. Fools believe bullshit without reason, because they like the story or they want to fit in. Fools believe bullshit that has no scientific basis, or in some cases, directly conflicts with scientific knowledge. But foolishness can be cured. We have all been fools at one time or another, and intelligent people learn from their foolish mistakes and try not to make them again." - Dave Silverman

    All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

    https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

  16. #76
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    Slasher is a uniquely American genre, though. It's pretty much taking a certain formula and repeating it ad infinitum. Not that there aren't non-American slasher movies, but it all started with Friday the 13th. If you were back in the 70s and were familiar with Italian giallos, you would look at Halloween as like a successor to those Italian movies. Even the colour scheme/lighting in Halloween, is very similar to those movies.

    Oh, and Friday the 13th Part 2 rips off Bay of Blood and The Town that Dreaded Sundown. The original Friday the 13th - the writer admitted himself in the dvd special features that he basically took the plot of Halloween because Halloween was a big success.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #77
    Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES
     
    strtfghtr's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Member #
    13259
    Location
    Bungleville, CT
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,947
    Threads
    220
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 219
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    it all started with Friday the 13th
    Friday the 13th - 1980

    Bay of Blood - 1971
    Black Christmas - 1974
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown - 1976
    Schizo - 1976
    Halloween - 1978
    Tourist Trap - 1979

    All of those are slashers and follow (for the most part) the slasher archetype and slasher tropes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    Oh, and Friday the 13th Part 2 rips off Bay of Blood and The Town that Dreaded Sundown. The original Friday the 13th - the writer admitted himself in the dvd special features that he basically took the plot of Halloween because Halloween was a big success.
    The lakeside setting and whodunit mystery also inspired Sean S. Cunningham and Victor Miller to create the original Friday the 13th (1980).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slasher_film

    And if you've never seen Bay of Blood, you should watch it as some of the kills and setups from many slashers are directly ripped off (including the Kevin Bacon kill from F13)

    Yes many slashers are influenced by various gialli and other murder/mystery films, but saying that Halloween isn't a slasher is like saying that The Girl Who Knew too Much isn't a giallo because it was so early (maybe the first) in the SUB-genre, or that Nosferatu (1922) isn't a vampire film because it was before Horror of Dracula (1958).

    Your argument is ridiculous and easily dis-proven with facts, film analysis, and the very basic of research Orlok

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Fools believe bullshit without evaluation. Fools believe bullshit without reason, because they like the story or they want to fit in. Fools believe bullshit that has no scientific basis, or in some cases, directly conflicts with scientific knowledge. But foolishness can be cured. We have all been fools at one time or another, and intelligent people learn from their foolish mistakes and try not to make them again." - Dave Silverman

    All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

    https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

  18. #78
    Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1
     
    koolmike's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Member #
    16
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    21,025
    Threads
    932
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 99
    I would throw Psycho up there strt.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."


  19. #79
    Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES
     
    strtfghtr's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Member #
    13259
    Location
    Bungleville, CT
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,947
    Threads
    220
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 219
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    I would throw Psycho up there strt.
    I agree, but it's not uncommon to see someone argue it not being a slasher. The others listed are pretty much universally agreed on in terms of their "slasherhood"

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Fools believe bullshit without evaluation. Fools believe bullshit without reason, because they like the story or they want to fit in. Fools believe bullshit that has no scientific basis, or in some cases, directly conflicts with scientific knowledge. But foolishness can be cured. We have all been fools at one time or another, and intelligent people learn from their foolish mistakes and try not to make them again." - Dave Silverman

    All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

    https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

  20. #80
    HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!
     
    hacknslash's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Member #
    18842
    Location
    Hacks Haunt
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,879
    Threads
    63
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+ Add hacknslash on MySpace
    Follow hacknslash on Tumblr Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 313
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    Slasher is a uniquely American genre, though.
    Wolf CreekCharlie's FarmGood Stuff Here Continue

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •