Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4

Review: Wolf Creek 2

I had remember seeing this a while back and I have to say I enjoyed it, to an extent that is.

Basically, from what I got from the film, Mick Taylor is just going around killing everyone! Men, Women, the elderly, and even Kangaroo's. Now I am a not a big fan of the original. I always fast forward it to about the last 30 or 45 minutes, cause that's only when anything happens in the film. SO, even though the pace is a only a LITTLE quicker in this film than it is the first, this is a somewhat improvement over the first.

Yes the flick was fun, but not as much fun as it should have been. I think the pace is what ruined it for me a bit slow. Then i felt at times it took itself too serious, which is where most of the pacing issues comes from (you know those prolonged scenes of dialogue, when they are trying to make the killer seem more realistic). Then the film missed that feel of dread and despair that the first had.

Now what I will say that I enjoyed more about this film , than the first is the gore. There were a few good scenes of gore here, even though I was expecting more. Then John Jarrett did another great job as Mick Taylor, even though it seems he talked much more than he should have. I wasn't feeling the whole "badass asshole" thing they tried to accomplish with him. If you are a killer in a slasher flick, words should be minimal to none! And here it just ruined the menacing presence that he had in the first.

So, even the movie had it's flaws, it was somewhat fun, even though I felt as if though the film shadowed "Joy Ride", but with more gore, a lot, it still isn't a bad watch. 6/10 for me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    " A little GORE never hurts anyone"

Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 228
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    The bluray is uncut and has a bit more gore instead of cutting away.

I loved the flick. Great if you're a fan of the first.

As far as the original having 'pacing issues', I never understood this complaint. It's considered slow by some people probably because they expect to see a kill in the first 5 minutes like most slasher/horror movies. I like how they avoided these cliches and just let the movie play out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread