Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+
    Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 303
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    Speaking of true sequels. I just seen Mel Brooks is gearing up for SpaceBalls 2: The Search For More Money
    Now heres a good question. Since John Candy an Joan Rivers are Dead but Bill Pullman an Daphne Zuniga reprise their roles an of course we cant forget about that wacky director playing the lovable Yougurt. Will this be considered a "Sequel/Soft Reboot"?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by hacknslash View Post
    Negitive. I highly disagree. This is a true Sequel. There is nothing soft to reboot. Its a direct continuation of the saga. Yes there are new characters to follow. And yes there are plenty of parallels to the Original.But there is still plenty of storyline following the original hero's path from ep.IV until now.
    I think your mistaking Reboot for Revived or Renergized . Its A great Star Wars sequel, but Reboot its not.
    It is a sequel, but theyre calling it a soft reboot of the series. Jurassic World did the same thing.
    https://thecantina.starwarsnewsnet.c...ars-saga.7777/
    http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/star-...l-and-a-reboot

Its not a reboot, its a "soft reboot".... maybe a better term would be... continued reboot? no, that wont work. Soft reboot is fine, that seems to be what LF and everyone is calling this new term.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 12-24-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Hello?
    hi guys

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Doh
    Add Get Some on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 5
    It would be truely amazing if Rick Moranis came out of retirement for Spaceballs 2

RIP JJ

Horror Character Draft Winners
    1-IKickAssFortheLord
    2-2011 Darkgod

Non Horror Character Draft Winners
    1-Shreds of Flesh
    2-2011 Woodenheart

TV Character Draft Winners
    1-Mudvayne_Eternal

My little DVD collection- http://getsome.dvdaf.com/owned

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Quote Originally Posted by hacknslash View Post
    Negitive. I highly disagree. This is a true Sequel. There is nothing soft to reboot. Its a direct continuation of the saga. Yes there are new characters to follow. And yes there are plenty of parallels to the Original.But there is still plenty of storyline following the original hero's path from ep.IV until now.
    I think your mistaking Reboot for Revived or Renergized . Its A great Star Wars sequel, but Reboot its not.

It really depends on how you want to look at it I can see so many parallels to the original that its not even funny, which in some ways could be looked at as a soft reboot some of the characters have been changed but then some scenes are remarkably close that it doesn't take much effort to draw lines between the 2 films. But you can look at the many difference s and say it's a sequel; it just really depends on the viewer .....me I can see it from both angles and have no particular take on it.....I just enjoy it for the great movie it is

Spoiler...
    although the death of Han Solo is stretching it a bit when comparing it to the death of Obi Wan

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I have yet to hear anyone suggest this possibility and it might be correct, and this deals with both characters and events. And there could be two variations of this.

Possibility A.

1. Rey is Lukes daughter. She was trained early on in life by Luke, then when the shit hit the fan and Luke began to be hunted by the Sith,

Luke then suppressed the force in her to help hide her and put someone he trusted in charge of watching over her, who will be revealed in episode 8. Might not be an older OT character, just someone he trusts... maybe Wedge Antilles?
    So obviously when she touched the lightsabre and her fight with Kylo, this partially awakened her control of the force. She does not remember her past clearly yet, but those instincts are coming back to her.

2. Rey is not his only daughter.

The new woman being introduced in 8, could be the rumored granddaughter of Obi-Wan, the daughter of Luke, the step-sister of Rey.

So instead of taking the idea that there were two or three Solo children and one Skywalker, there are two Skywalkers and maybe, two Solo's? Maybe we will be introduced to a Solo who is also in hiding and suppressing the force within themselves?

Possibility B.

1. "The new woman being introduced in 8, could be the rumored granddaughter of Obi-Wan, the daughter of Luke, the step-sister of Rey.

So instead of taking the idea that there were two or three Solo children and one Skywalker, there are two Skywalkers and maybe, two Solo's? Maybe we will be introduced to a Solo who is also in hiding and suppressing the force within themselves?"

2. Luke, does not know that Rey is his daughter, until they first meet and the force tell's him so.
    She was trained by her mother, a jedi, her mother was killed or something happened where someone suppressed the force her in and created alternate memories for her. And once again she began having these flashes of her family, when she touched Anakin/Lukes lightsabre.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Spoiler...
    although the death of Han Solo is stretching it a bit when comparing it to the death of Obi Wan

Spoiler...
    Not really, they are actually pretty parallel to one another.
    Just because he was not a Jedi, does not mean he cant play that role. He played that role the entire movie. He turned into the one who told the truth about the force to people who didnt believe or didnt know.
    The meaning of his sacrifice had as much impact on the rebellion, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Rey, etc. as it did Kylo.... and that is exactly what the death of Obi-Wan did.
    It was meaningful to all sides.

And taking from the erased expanded universe.
    This is nearly an identical situation that Jacen Solo went through when turning into Darth Caedus. He knew what he needed to do to take that next step to the dark side, to power, but he didnt know if he could do it. He thought it was either killing Ben Skywalker or Luke. Luke he didnt think he could kill. Ben, he had grew up with and emotionally could not kill him.
    But he ended up killing Mara Jade, Lukes wife, Bens mother. And that was what he needed to do.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 12-24-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 228
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Saw a camrip of this. It was alright I guess. I still prefer the original trilogy, even though I'm not really much of a Star Wars fan.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    I have yet to hear anyone suggest this possibility and it might be correct, and this deals with both characters and events. And there could be two variations of this.

Possibility A.

1. Rey is Lukes daughter. She was trained early on in life by Luke, then when the shit hit the fan and Luke began to be hunted by the Sith,

Luke then suppressed the force in her to help hide her and put someone he trusted in charge of watching over her, who will be revealed in episode 8. Might not be an older OT character, just someone he trusts... maybe Wedge Antilles?
    So obviously when she touched the lightsabre and her fight with Kylo, this partially awakened her control of the force. She does not remember her past clearly yet, but those instincts are coming back to her.

2. Rey is not his only daughter.

The new woman being introduced in 8, could be the rumored granddaughter of Obi-Wan, the daughter of Luke, the step-sister of Rey.

So instead of taking the idea that there were two or three Solo children and one Skywalker, there are two Skywalkers and maybe, two Solo's? Maybe we will be introduced to a Solo who is also in hiding and suppressing the force within themselves?

Possibility B.

1. "The new woman being introduced in 8, could be the rumored granddaughter of Obi-Wan, the daughter of Luke, the step-sister of Rey.

So instead of taking the idea that there were two or three Solo children and one Skywalker, there are two Skywalkers and maybe, two Solo's? Maybe we will be introduced to a Solo who is also in hiding and suppressing the force within themselves?"

2. Luke, does not know that Rey is his daughter, until they first meet and the force tell's him so.
    She was trained by her mother, a jedi, her mother was killed or something happened where someone suppressed the force her in and created alternate memories for her. And once again she began having these flashes of her family, when she touched Anakin/Lukes lightsabre.

Out of these options I'd go with A-1, but I don't think she's Lukes' daughter. Rather I think that Rey is the daughter of a Jedi that was almost like a brother to Luke. Now the Jedi may either be dead or just missing in action, but Luke has taken a role as her guardian, and now that Rey and Luke are face to face with each other Luke will be her mentor quite like Yoda was to Luke. I may be way off base on this, but I think its a possibility.

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Out of these options I'd go with A-1, but I don't think she's Lukes' daughter. Rather I think that Rey is the daughter of a Jedi that was almost like a brother to Luke. Now the Jedi may either be dead or just missing in action, but Luke has taken a role as her guardian, and now that Rey and Luke are face to face with each other Luke will be her mentor quite like Yoda was to Luke. I may be way off base on this, but I think its a possibility.
    Well, A consists of 1 and 2, as well as B.
    Im conflicted on who is who, the woman being introduced in 8, her casting is really throwing me off.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Saw it again today.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-02-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 29
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Oh my god... its been 30 years since ive seen a SW movie that actually felt like a SW movie.

JJ did an amazing job mimicking the style of episode 4 and figuring out what made it great.
    Every character is established and grows and.... Kylo Ren is what Anakin should have been in the prequels. Even better, it feels just like the expanded universe.
    A few complaints, but not many. I cant get into them without there being spoilers so i wont.

8.5 of 10.0
    Easily on par with Jedi.... im going to have to see it again to catch all the nuances and details but its teetering on amazing.
    I also believe TFA was a very good movie I will need one more viewing to fairly assess it. At the moment I am teeter-totting back and forth the idea of TFA being superior to ROTJ.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Majestic ruler of scavengers

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 72
    Quote Originally Posted by little ghost View Post
    I also believe TFA was a very good movie I will need one more viewing to fairly assess it. At the moment I am teeter-totting back and forth the idea of TFA being superior to ROTJ.
    Better than ROTJ, yes. Better than TESB, No! Going for my 2nd viewing today!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by TonyVato; 12-26-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    42 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I loved this movie! I felt like I was ten years old again. I came out of the theater on a high and walking on cloud 9 with my mind completely blown away and instantly declared it is the best of the Star Wars films.

I then watched The Empire Strikes Back the next day and I too have to put that as the best of this series. There is something magical about that movie and everything is done to perfection within the Star Wars universe. Even after all these years I smiled and enjoyed the fuck out of TESB and have no intentions of saying TFA is a better film now. It's close but not as good.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Easy 8.5-9/10... easy

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-02-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 29
    1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. TFA
    4. RoTJ
    5. RoTS
    6. AoTC
    7. TPM

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Finally saw this yesterday and I loved it. It was so refreshing to see a Star Wars movie at the theater and not leave crushingly disappointed. This movie was great all around. Great action, solid story, nice fan service, interesting villains, and great new characters.

I think this easily beats out Jedi to make it into my top 3.

1. Empire
    2. Star Wars
    3. Force Awakens
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Ep 3
    6. Ep 1
    7. Ep 2

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Hello?
    hi guys

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Doh
    Add Get Some on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    excellent movie! Han Solo best character by FAR

RIP JJ

Horror Character Draft Winners
    1-IKickAssFortheLord
    2-2011 Darkgod

Non Horror Character Draft Winners
    1-Shreds of Flesh
    2-2011 Woodenheart

TV Character Draft Winners
    1-Mudvayne_Eternal

My little DVD collection- http://getsome.dvdaf.com/owned

Rotting Zealot
    Zombie Headshots!

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    I loved this movie as well. Can't wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray (hoping for some special features)!

I'm Joe Grisly Bitch!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    A little late but I finally caught this film in IMAX 3D and (as expected) really dug it. The 3D was amazing at times and really liked the story and new characters. Overall I'd give it a solid 8/10

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Excellent installment to the franchise....thank God.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678