Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    We have a release date.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Red; 04-21-2017 at 04:44 PM.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    A break down of all the playable Jason's and their strengths/weaknesses.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...

savage

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    savage
    The game looks terrible, but god damn I can't sit through that guy's review. He is terrible at explaining shit. I haven't seen many of his videos though. Still waiting on the ACG review

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Yeah I'm more of a fan of his coverage of the games industry as a whole, he is brilliant when it comes to criticizing the actions of companies.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I've enjoyed the hell out of it.

The devs have said they will be significantly supporting and given their an indie company. They don't have a lot of wiggle room to fuck around with the game.

I only have one real concern about the gameplay mechanics. Its not as obvious when playing with pubs. But a well organized team of counselors can basically beat Jason into submission and if coordinated enough...kill him despite the number of steps required.

People have gotten around to the strengths/weaknesses of blocking counselor attacks, making them break their weapons on Jason. They only real weakness to it is Jason is much slower swinging his weapons in combat mode than outside combat mode. The trade off outside combat mode is Jason can swing his weapons much faster, but the trade off is he can be stunned much more easily.

I think the devs need to implement a multiple kill mechanic for Jason for groups of counselors that try to gangbang him so they can escape or try the multiple steps required to kill him.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Okay, so ive been playing this game for a bit now and im a bit conflicted.

1. Its not quite worth 40 dollars as it is. Multiplayer only and only a few maps. Come on, this is 20 bucks. Add the single player they promised and 3 more maps and its a 40 dollar title.

2. While it can be buggy at times they do a solid job of fixing issues. Also, ping is an issue IMO.

3. Aside from the limited maps, the biggest issue i have is with the community. This aspect really makes or breaks the game. When the game is full of people with mics and who all understand the objective and work together, its possibly the best multiplayer game out right now. But that happens like.. 25% of the time. The rest of the time youll have a mix of people who will be willing to do this and then three loners or trolls. While this does not kill the game, in fact in many instances it really makes the game worth playing and varying.... kind of more accurate to movie in a sense, it can kind of suck but its never frustrating enough to quit playing.

One great aspect of the game is it takes on the personality of the people you play with. For example, ive ran into one guy a few times who when he plays Jason, he turns his mic on and is constantly acting like a Mormon. So instead of hearing the Jason theme, you end up hearing this "hey buddy, have you heard the word of our lord today?", getting louder and louder as he gets closer. and it ends up being more terrifying than anything else. Youll run into personalities like that quite often.

Overall... meh... the price is an issue. If it was 20 dollars i'd call it the multiplayer game of the year. Its become standard for me. The same way Elder Scrolls Legends or Ultima Online are for me, where ill pick it up and play it for an hour or two every other day and because of the unpredictable nature of it, its not gotten boring. And while i put it on this high tier, i cant give it a high rating because of its flaws.
    So im going to give it a 6 of 10 for now. If/When they add the single player and a few more maps, ill kick that up to 8 of 10. Its just... its in such a weird place for a game to be in. If anyone remembers the first gears of war multiplayer and how amazing that was.... think of that and then imagine less maps and no single player and youll get a sense of what this game is like. Where it would be on this brink of being the multiplayer game of the year.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 08-06-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Started playing this last night because it is free on PSN.
    Wow this is a BAD game! It nails the F13th, 80's vibe but as a game the issues it has
    is busting at the seams.

Such a plodding pace playing as both counselors and Jason. The controls feel clunky, the graphics are
    borderline terrible. The clipping issues are some of the worst I have ever seen. It drastically takes you out of the game.

I'll spend more time with it but probably not much. Dead by Daylight is so far superior to this.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    With the lawsuit potentially clearing up. There is a slim chance the game will see more content again in the future. The cancelled Uber Jason and Grendel map perhaps. They are supposed to make an official statement at some point soon.

That said. Other than sound, atmosphere and the Jason/Counselor models, the game has ALWAYS been one step forward, multiple steps back. They've never been able to fix something without breaking something else. Take this from someone whose played the beta in Christmas 2016 up until a few months ago.

Here's a comprehensive history on the game from someone who was there from the start.

Last edited by Red; 10-03-2018 at 10:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345