Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4

Review: We are still here

I've been hearing some very positive things about this film. Haven't seen a decent, or good for that matter, horror movie as of late. Been having a desire for something violent and gory (they don't make slasher films for some reason anymore), so this is not only satisfied desire, but also mixed in a few creepy scenes as well as some good acting.

So, the story is very simple. A couple move into an old house where there son once lived. The mother begins to think she feels the presence of her son in the home, only to discover that the presence is something very vile, violent, smokey menace that wants to feed upon their souls.

Pretty much this is how the film plays out, because I can't say too much without giving a lot of the story away. I must say that for first time writer director Ted Geoghegan does a good job with mixing tension, scares, suspense, and gore into the film without taking it too serious or making it too silly. I like the fact that the ghost make no expense at sparing anyone, any and everything that gets in their way is ripped apart or (my favorite death in the movie) head smashed and their brains splattering on the floor and walls. I also like the looks of the ghost themselves, even though they resemble burning charcoal.

However the movie isn't without it's flaws. The pacing was a slow and then there are those typical questions of why won't they leave the f!#king house of even after seeing things just randomly fall and "spirits"? Just some things that really bothers me about these films, even though they wouldn't be films if these things didn't happen *sigh*

To say the least, the creators took a old and worn out premise of a house with a trouble past, and made it creepy gory fun. 7/10

Have you guys seen this film and what do you think of it.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    " A little GORE never hurts anyone"

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1
    It was pretty good actually. Like you said it's not without its flaws. Even so its probably one of the better horror movies i've seen in awhile.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread