+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33



  1. #1
    Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.
     
    Faust's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Member #
    18962
    Age
    37
    Posts
    730
    Threads
    252
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 77

    Friday the 13th: A New Beginning is underrated

    I personally like it myself. Maybe because it's the first Friday the 13th I ever saw when I was a kid. I saw it the night it first aired on Cinemax in the mid 80s I was about 7 maybe and I begged my parents to let me stay up and watch it and they did.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    The Architect
    This user has no status.
     
    FrighT MasteR's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Member #
    1
    Location
    A semi-dark room
    Posts
    30,160
    Threads
    1745
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 107
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    I liked some of what it offered, but hated that it wasn't really Jason.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    57 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,153
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 896
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    The movie is garbage. Them pulling away before each kill made for a terrible experience. You had all this gore in the first four films and in the fifth, it's completely watered down. Then the icing on the cake is it not really being Jason. Only part I get a kick out of is when the fat guy with the candy bar dies. Other than that, POS and easily the worst in the series imo.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES
     
    strtfghtr's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Member #
    13259
    Location
    Bungleville, CT
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,932
    Threads
    220
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 430
    Given: 219
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Most of the kills are off screen. There's absolutely zero character development so you don't give a shit about any of the characters (other than maybe the little kid). The acting is at the series' lowest point and it doesn't even have the "campy" fun of 6 or 7.

    5, 8, and JGtH are the bottom of the barrel for the Fridays.

    People give 5 a lot of shit because Jason is not the killer. That's not the reason to hate this movie. You should hate it because it's a shitty movie...even by Friday the 13th standards.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Fools believe bullshit without evaluation. Fools believe bullshit without reason, because they like the story or they want to fit in. Fools believe bullshit that has no scientific basis, or in some cases, directly conflicts with scientific knowledge. But foolishness can be cured. We have all been fools at one time or another, and intelligent people learn from their foolish mistakes and try not to make them again." - Dave Silverman

    All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

    https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

  5. #5
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    I love Part 5. Yes, it's campy but which Friday movie isn't?

    Not having Jason? Does it really make a difference until the very end scene? Besides, I find Part 6 totally overrated, and the series just goes downhill from there until the brilliant parody Jason X and FvJ benefits from having Freddy.

    You guys must hate the original. No Jason.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.
     
    cmurdur's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Member #
    9115
    Location
    South Carolina
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,226
    Threads
    122

    Follow cmurdur on Tumblr
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 2
    I love when the fat guy gets killed, the little kid is funny, and I like the line,"You're gonna get it, bitch."

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac






    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    57 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,153
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 896
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    I love Part 5. Yes, it's campy but which Friday movie isn't?

    Not having Jason? Does it really make a difference until the very end scene? Besides, I find Part 6 totally overrated, and the series just goes downhill from there until the brilliant parody Jason X and FvJ benefits from having Freddy.

    You guys must hate the original. No Jason.
    I like how we all pointed out multiple things wrong with the film, yet you only focus on one we all have in common. Cool story bro. Facts are facts, the film is shit and you just like it because everyone hates it.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の
     
    woodenheart's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    43 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Member #
    11593
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,833
    Threads
    340
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow woodenheart On Twitter Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Follow woodenheart on Tumblr Visit woodenheart's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 89
    I miss discussions like this...good times..

    ...continue..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    病気の

  10. #10
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    I like how we all pointed out multiple things wrong with the film, yet you only focus on one we all have in common. Cool story bro. Facts are facts, the film is shit and you just like it because everyone hates it.

    The only criticism worth mentioning is that it 'pulled away before the kills', which isn't really a criticism anyway but if you knew anything about the history of this movie, you would know that they cut a lot of the gore scenes out.

    And again you attack me for no reason. YOU have the problem, my friend. Not me. You.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11
    HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!
     
    hacknslash's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Member #
    18842
    Location
    Hacks Haunt
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,879
    Threads
    63
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+ Add hacknslash on MySpace
    Follow hacknslash on Tumblr Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 313
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    This is absolutely one of my favorite Fridays
    This flick is the Red Headed Basterd Step Child of the series. As far as im concerned none of the Fridays scripts nor acting are the strong point of the movies. Also there is no such thing as continuity in this series. This movie has got it all. Disturbed Kids, Stereotypical Dumb Ass Hicks, an even shittier Tommy Jarvis than Corey Feldog, a Coke Head whipping cookies in his Muscle car I mean come on. This movie is Hell Bent for Leather. You got shitty greasers dressed like gay bikers( from the Blue Oyster), A Black Guy with Jerry Curls Named Demon....And the Best Part is Every one Dies(almost). This Flick is a Dirty,Sleazy , Shower after Watching Good Times. I've seen it a hundred times an I'll see it a hundred more. Part V Rules

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by hacknslash; 04-24-2015 at 07:18 AM.

  12. #12
    Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES
     
    strtfghtr's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Member #
    13259
    Location
    Bungleville, CT
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,932
    Threads
    220
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 430
    Given: 219
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    I love Part 5. Yes, it's campy but which Friday movie isn't?
    5 is not nearly as campy as 3,4,6,7 or 8. All those movies know what they are and use it to their advantage as much as they can for some good old fashioned fun. Sure, 8 failed at that prospect but it had the right tone.

    That's one of the big problems with 5, its tone is pretty much non-existent and the one it does put forward is disjointed and confusing. Seems like they wanted to push a serious "Tommy is disturbed" feel to the movie, but then throw in annoying nonsense like the redneck family, a five minute robot dance, and coke-head 50 year old dude picking up a waitress. The randomness takes you right out of the movie because it doesn't feel cohesive. The filmmakers did not build a world that makes sense.
    Besides, I find Part 6 totally overrated, and the series just goes downhill from there until the brilliant parody Jason X and FvJ benefits from having Freddy.
    6 might be a little over-rated. The kills aren't as good as people remember them, but the movie is FUN. You can't help but watch 6 and have a good time. I wish I was old enough to have seen it in the theaters, I bet it would have been a blast.
    Not having Jason? Does it really make a difference until the very end scene?
    You guys must hate the original. No Jason.
    Again, I said that this was not a reason to dislike this film...the rest of the film is the reason to dislike it.

    I will say one positive thing for part 5, it may have the best pair of boobs in the whole series.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Fools believe bullshit without evaluation. Fools believe bullshit without reason, because they like the story or they want to fit in. Fools believe bullshit that has no scientific basis, or in some cases, directly conflicts with scientific knowledge. But foolishness can be cured. We have all been fools at one time or another, and intelligent people learn from their foolish mistakes and try not to make them again." - Dave Silverman

    All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

    https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

  13. #13
    HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!
     
    hacknslash's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Member #
    18842
    Location
    Hacks Haunt
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,879
    Threads
    63
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+ Add hacknslash on MySpace
    Follow hacknslash on Tumblr Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 313
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID hacknslashbmf

    Agree with you on that.
    But to each .Its own man. The upside of Being a Fan of this series, is there are plenty of films to choose which ones you love or hate
    Me personally I Love everyone of 'em( sure i like sum over the others) This series was a big part of my childhood so no matter how bad sum are i still got nuthin but love for all things Voorhees

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1
     
    koolmike's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Member #
    16
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    21,025
    Threads
    932
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 99
    Didn't the guy who directed this installment start out his career directing porn films?

    Anyway, bad movie for so many reasons...of course Jason on temp leave being one of them. That being said, there were some decent moments that every F the 13th fan demands....unique kills, sex scenes, and that witty dialogue . Once was enough for me though....would much rather watch grass grow than to sit thru this one again.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."


  15. #15
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    5 is not nearly as campy as 3,4,6,7 or 8. All those movies know what they are and use it to their advantage as much as they can for some good old fashioned fun. Sure, 8 failed at that prospect but it had the right tone.

    That's one of the big problems with 5, its tone is pretty much non-existent and the one it does put forward is disjointed and confusing. Seems like they wanted to push a serious "Tommy is disturbed" feel to the movie, but then throw in annoying nonsense like the redneck family, a five minute robot dance, and coke-head 50 year old dude picking up a waitress. The randomness takes you right out of the movie because it doesn't feel cohesive. The filmmakers did not build a world that makes sense.
    Actually the plan was to continue the series with Tommy as the killer, which is why they are setting up his character in part 5. But Jason fanboys cried and instead they got a bland douche actor to play Tommy in Part 6, and creating this silly supernatural plot of Jason rising from the grave. From then on the series lost its 'edge' and just became sillier and sillier.

    And I actually liked the whole idea of a halfway house for disturbed teens. A bit more relatable and realistic than undead Jason versus some chick with telekinetic powers.

    Inconsistent in tone? I give them credit for trying to take the series in a new direction.

    But fanboys..

    6 might be a little over-rated. The kills aren't as good as people remember them, but the movie is FUN. You can't help but watch 6 and have a good time. I wish I was old enough to have seen it in the theaters, I bet it would have been a blast.
    6 is boring to me. Don't like the Tommy character in that one. Lame kills. Stupid ending. It's so bad I've only watched it once.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    Didn't the guy who directed this installment start out his career directing porn films?
    So what if he did?

    No need to be so judgmental.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    57 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,153
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 896
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    The only criticism worth mentioning is that it 'pulled away before the kills', which isn't really a criticism anyway but if you knew anything about the history of this movie, you would know that they cut a lot of the gore scenes out.

    And again you attack me for no reason. YOU have the problem, my friend. Not me. You.
    I didn't attack you personally



    We're having a debate. Debate and don't always play the god damn victim

    And I know these movies like the back of my hand. They pull away from the gore scenes from THIS film on. In The Final Chapter they took a machete to the face of Crispin Glover and stuck a corkscrew in his hand. Far from cutting away.

    This film started pulling away from gore scenes for the series and it lasted until, well Jason X. Plus you didn't say a word about what Strt said about the shit acting. Even for a 5th installment in a horror series, the acting is SHIT compared to the first four and even ones that follow it. It shows that no one gave a rats ass about the film. Plus..what about that horrible looking mask?



    The blue sure is terrifying. Can't even take this seriously



    The ending is terrible, the whole movie is terrible.

    Yeah, let's add a bigger comic relief than in the previous films with the redneck family. Just unnecessary and stupid.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DMHead777; 04-24-2015 at 11:39 AM.

  18. #18
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,409
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    You said "you just like it because everyone hates it", which is personal slander against me. But if you're trying to start something up again you may as well give up right now because I'm done. I'm not playing a victim. I'm not playing anything.

    Now, the acting was serviceable for this kind of film. I don't go into a Friday the 13th expecting Oscar-calibre acting.

    The rest is opinion, and if you hate the movie that is fine.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #19
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    57 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,153
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 896
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    Now, the acting was serviceable for this kind of film. I don't go into a Friday the 13th expecting Oscar-calibre acting.
    The acting was serviceable for the first four Jasons. This one was a step way below the rest. I never said I wanted oscar-worthy acting in a Friday film, but the rest are not nearly as bad. Maybe JGTH, but coming right off of four solid entries in the series, it's terrible.

    Sure there were dumb moments in the rest of the series. I mean..he is in fucking space at one point. But for an 80's film, they dumbed it down completely for the viewers. Made it a lot less gorey and added in way too many comedic elements. I understand what you are saying, but it just doesn't make any sense

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.
     
    cmurdur's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Member #
    9115
    Location
    South Carolina
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,226
    Threads
    122

    Follow cmurdur on Tumblr
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 2
    I thought it was the actor who played Tommy who did gay porn after this movie. Or did he turn to Jesus after this one?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •