My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Just walked in the door from seeing it...I enjoyed it. The crowd really made this though as the movie was as predictable as it could get. Yet it was still a fun ride. The brother provided some good laughs as well...it was just enough to creep out my daughter a bit.

Seeing that Star Wars trailer up on the big screen in 3D though...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+
    Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 303
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    I heard this waz terrible. They said it completely ignores the Marked Ones(the best one IMO) and the 4th one too. I heard it was pretty much a sequel to the third film. Guess ill wait to check it out.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-13-2017

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    Saw it last night and IMO the worst of the lot. As big fan of the first and second PA it was apparent the quality was dropping by the third. I too liked the marked ones and thought if its on par with that then this could be good, but alas think of the fourth one in terms of quality. As usual it builds us a picture of the family etc and takes a time to build the tension but this one was ridiculous and so all the scares are crammed into the last 20 min. This family seems to find a lot of the shit funny (or funny enough to make a quip) for the most part. seriously who the hell would do that? I dont know if its bad acting but at no point did i get any genuine sense of fear from them. I say scares loosely cause it is just not scary atall. Heres a boo scare here and some cool camera stuff here, but its style over substance so in fact the scares look cool rather than actually scary (i say that, the first time they do it its like "ah cool" the 10th time?? im bored now)

All this it takes the whole series full circle and ties it all up- how did it do that?! i mean i must have missed that cause there's little conclusion to the story this made and what conclusion there was as previously mentioned, was rushed. Watching it i felt as if they had no story in mind and instead its about revealing Toby (which is a total anti climax IMO)

As i always say each to their own and this are my thoughts (and by the way the thoughts of my friend who came with!)) but if this is the grand finale, it was a massive let down to what started as IMO a great series of films. 3/10

HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+
    Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 303
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    Also heard this has sum of the Shittiest CGI shown on the big screen in awhile.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by linzlu84 View Post
    Saw it last night and IMO the worst of the lot. As big fan of the first and second PA it was apparent the quality was dropping by the third. I too liked the marked ones and thought if its on par with that then this could be good, but alas think of the fourth one in terms of quality. As usual it builds us a picture of the family etc and takes a time to build the tension but this one was ridiculous and so all the scares are crammed into the last 20 min. This family seems to find a lot of the shit funny (or funny enough to make a quip) for the most part. seriously who the hell would do that? I dont know if its bad acting but at no point did i get any genuine sense of fear from them. I say scares loosely cause it is just not scary atall. Heres a boo scare here and some cool camera stuff here, but its style over substance so in fact the scares look cool rather than actually scary (i say that, the first time they do it its like "ah cool" the 10th time?? im bored now)

All this it takes the whole series full circle and ties it all up- how did it do that?! i mean i must have missed that cause there's little conclusion to the story this made and what conclusion there was as previously mentioned, was rushed. Watching it i felt as if they had no story in mind and instead its about revealing Toby (which is a total anti climax IMO)

As i always say each to their own and this are my thoughts (and by the way the thoughts of my friend who came with!)) but if this is the grand finale, it was a massive let down to what started as IMO a great series of films. 3/10
    Sometimes movies you gotta take for what they are and not dig to deep. I had a good time with it and feel at this point everyone has gotten giving everything a rating or score too much thought. Did I enjoy it, yes. Would I recommend it no.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Fun fact! The actor who plays Toby in this was also the creepy dude under the floor in The Pact and the main infected character in I Am Legend as well as "The Thin Man" in At the Devils Door.

Last edited by Macready; 10-24-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0
    It was alright but I think the series by now has definitely run it's course and just needs to end properly with the next movie. This is clearly a premise that can only go on for so long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12