Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang

The Culling

OK, this is highly unusual for me. I never really come across a horror flick on TV that I have not seen at some point but I did last night. I was ready to go to bed flipping through the channels and came across a movie called The Culling. Now I have heard of it before (and it is possible I have seen it but just don't remember) but it did not seem familiar to me...but alas I fell asleep from kick-ass cough medicine and xanax

What I saw was a group of teens going to a concert and they stumbled across a little girl in a parking lot. They didn't want to just leave her and she said she could get them to her house so they decided to take her home, against some of the groups wishes of course. It ends up being a creepy house in the middle of nowhere. Some of the group wants to just drop her off and leave but a few want to ensure she is safe, one of which of course makes the stupid decision to take her inside.

Once inside the parents aren't home and the little girl asks the girl who took her in if she wants to see her room. So they walk through the house, at one point a human-like figure is seen walking past them in the background. Other than the usual creepy house grumbled breathing noises that are so popular nothing really happens at this time.

They go back outside and the girls parents who automatically look like something is up arrive, question the group of kids why they are at their house with their daughter...blah blah.

Sure enough everything is settled and they are at a bonfire in the front yard drinking and smoking weed together, having a good time. They begin to hear strange noises from the barn, quick flashes of the husband and wife looking at each other and obviously making up what those sounds are.

A quick shot into the house shows the walls are starting to rapidly decay and paint is peeling off with more of that grumbled breathing and of course the little girl is in bed talking to someone/something.

This is where I fell asleep.

For once I need help! This is obviously a cornball flick with all the cliches of stupid teens making stupid decisions but the supernatural aspect of this and the set of scenery had me hooked.

My question is has anyone seen this and is it worth watching from the beginning?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    28 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang

Nevermind! I thought it sounded familiar! Jesus, what does this say about the flick?

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/...tched/page1052

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 228
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Watched the trailer. The creepy little girl with white eyes reminded me of Fulci's The Beyond for some reason. Other than that, looks shitty.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    28 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    Watched the trailer. The creepy little girl with white eyes reminded me of Fulci's The Beyond for some reason. Other than that, looks shitty.
    It is, I remember it now.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    28 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    My brain knew to fall asleep at that point. After all the ridiculous decision making up to that point the movie and characters decisions get even worse. It's actually an insult to the viewer. Good concept but holy shit is it executed poorly.

+ Reply to Thread