My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    REALLY good movie and a great sequel overall. A huge improvement over the first, which I liked but had a lot of minor issues with (specifically the rushed and cliched exorcism climax). The only real problem I had with this movie was its overuse of CG with certain scenes (especially towards the end). Aside from the CG I'd say it's probably one of the better horror films I've seen in recent years and probably going to be the best horror film to come out of 2016. Will have a more detailed review soon

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Not deserving of its own thread yet the possibility of The Conjuring 3 is fairly high given an interview very recently with Wan.

He goes on to say he already has an idea for the film and already a specific case of The Warren's in mind. He also said that since
    the first 2 are set in the 70's the third should be set in the 80's.

This narrows it down. I think you can immediately take Amityville off the list as it has been done to hell and also touched upon in The Conjuring 2.
    The Haunting in Connecticut should be discredited as well as it already has 2 TV movies, a major film and a sequel that says it is in Connecticut but takes place in Georgia

That leaves 2 cases. The first has a book called The Devil in Connecticut. This is actually a murder where the murderer claimed he was possessed and The Warrens investigated and actually agreed.

The other is an alleged haunting involving ghosts being held captive by a demon who sexually assaults both the husband and wife of the Smurl Family. This
    also has a made for TV movie called The Haunted (1991).

Let the speculation begin.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Zombiefied Zealot
    Majestic ruler of scavengers

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Not deserving of its own thread yet the possibility of The Conjuring 3 is fairly high given an interview very recently with Wan.

He goes on to say he already has an idea for the film and already a specific case of The Warren's in mind. He also said that since
    the first 2 are set in the 70's the third should be set in the 80's.

This narrows it down. I think you can immediately take Amityville off the list as it has been done to hell and also touched upon in The Conjuring 2.
    The Haunting in Connecticut should be discredited as well as it already has 2 TV movies, a major film and a sequel that says it is in Connecticut but takes place in Georgia

That leaves 2 cases. The first has a book called The Devil in Connecticut. This is actually a murder where the murderer claimed he was possessed and The Warrens investigated and actually agreed.

The other is an alleged haunting involving ghosts being held captive by a demon who sexually assaults both the husband and wife of the Smurl Family. This
    also has a made for TV movie called The Haunted (1991).

Let the speculation begin.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    11 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    and probably going to be the best horror film to come out of 2016.

The best Horror film of 2016 already came out last month.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by woodenheart View Post

The best Horror film of 2016 already came out last month.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    I liked Conjuring 2 a little more than the first movie, to be honest I'm not a big fan of ghost/possession movies because they've been done to death and the recycled tropes (moving objects, noises, etc.) make me roll my eyes because I've seen it before, and that ghosts themselves are far too abstract for me to take seriously, plus this movie starts to ditch the boringly dull, not-scary realism of the first movie in favor of being more entertaining and it gets creepy and creative at times which is stuff I WANT to see in haunted house movies
    Spoiler...
    (the demon nun's shadow grabbing the portrait of herself and flying at someone)

...by far the BEST part of this movie, a character I REALLY loved and wished there was more of or even a spin-off movie of his own, was the CROOKED MAN! I LOOOOVED THE CROOKED MAN! He was a frightening presence to behold when he just comes out of nowhere, does he look like a misfit in the movie? So does the demon nun
    Spoiler...
    who holds another spirit hostage so she could possess the little girl to murder the family.

When the Crooked Man arrived on screen my eyes popped open and my jaw dropped out of shock and excitement that actually made me interested in a haunted house movie for once, even if you could make the argument that he completely took you out of the movie because of how truly amazing of a character he is, without him I would have passed this movie as just another boringly cynical film like the first one was, the Crooked Man is awesome.

The character development is great, even though there's no real stakes (they believe in the god thing so you already know who's going to win, duh), and again we have seen these haunted house tropes before and just a little bit of fun added to the mix like the over-use of CGI at times, even though let's face it once that happens you know the "based on a true story" stuff is completely fiction, but even so it was more fun and entertaining than the first one.

Horror fans tear apart The Babadook, It Follows and even The Witch, and Conjuring 2 is no where nearly as effectively scary as those movies, those horror movies have more creativity put into them that make them interesting and even disturbing as horror should be, Conjuring 2 is a better sequel than its lackluster first movie and Annabelle was shit, this movie put in some creative scares that are sorely missing from haunted house movies of today.

Make a spin-off movie of The Crooked Man! I would rather pay to see sequels with that demonic character than another Annabelle movie.

Last edited by Toby; 06-17-2016 at 11:14 PM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-02-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 29
    The sequel was good, however, I am willing to give it one more viewing before I claim it surpasses the original. IMO Valak the demonic nun was a creepy character and her presence left me feeling uneasy in multiple scenes. I believe Valak stole the show. The Crooked Man was a hit or miss character in my view.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Finally got to see this one and I loved it...all alone in a big AMC theatre with my feet up, surrounded by popcorn and M&MS. MAc and Fright have pretty much said everything I wanted to come here and say. I'll only add this is the probably the best ghost film to come out in 30 years. Great creepy vibe, sweet jump scares, and some of the special FX were friggin' cool. Don't wait for TV....go see this one on the big screen.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by koolmike; 06-29-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-02-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 29
    I cannot remember the last time I was uncomfortable from a horror picture at the movie theater before seeing The Conjuring 2, it would have to be at least 10 years. The bottom line is I need to see this a second time.

better than you
    #BoredAsFu@k

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I actually ended up seeing this twice because I liked it so much. Definitely one of my favorites of 2016 so far.

To the victor go the spoils.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12