Status
    Last Online
    08-29-2019

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Horror Movies that should be made but never have been!

I am just curious if anybody had any ideas on some horror movies that should of been made and you’re surprised Hollywood or B-movie central hasn’t attached the ideas yet.

I’ve always felt and have been surprised that there has never been a zombie movie set on a Cruise Ship, I felt it would work so well, as there’s no direct escape, imagine 7 survivors on a ship, battling it out to the top of the ship to get life boats to survival. I am aware Rec 4 did this similar, however it was on a containment ship and it didn’t have many people on it, imagine a cruise with 3000 Infectious Humans. It could work well.

How about yous?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    I've heard of this before looks like both Zombie Driftwood (2010) and Twilight Syndrome: Dead Cruise (2008) Towairaito shindorômu: Deddo kurûzu have that premise. I also found this: http://www.zombiecruise.com/?fbclid=...zCh3l-7u0rG2PI

* First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-29-2019

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeloser View Post
    I've heard of this before looks like both Zombie Driftwood (2010) and Twilight Syndrome: Dead Cruise (2008) Towairaito shindorômu: Deddo kurûzu have that premise. I also found this: http://www.zombiecruise.com/?fbclid=...zCh3l-7u0rG2PI
    Oooh that looks interesting, shame it only happened in 2014! - when I say a movie, I mean a bigger budget movie but thanks for looking for them :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obluda
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 239
    Back in the early 2000s, as reported by this very site, actually, Brad Dourif was attached to a project called "The Brew". I believe it was about a guy who inherits a haunted brewery that produces ominous spirits which begin to afflict the consumers. Goofy, yeah, but it sounded kinda fun. I don't think it ever got made.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3
    "The Girl Most Likely to".

This would be a remake of the 1970s comedy-thriller-satire starring Stockard Channing as an unpopular overweight girl who gets into a car accident when her classmates play a cruel prank on her and comes out of a coma thin and (thanks to reconstruction surgery) gorgeous ready to exact revenge on the people who tormented her.

I dont know if the movie was made for tv or if there was a theatrical release. When I saw it as a kid it was mind blowing...as an adult its pure seventies cheese.

Could make for some fun.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    Quote Originally Posted by glamorilla View Post
    "The Girl Most Likely to".

This would be a remake of the 1970s comedy-thriller-satire starring Stockard Channing as an unpopular overweight girl who gets into a car accident when her classmates play a cruel prank on her and comes out of a coma thin and (thanks to reconstruction surgery) gorgeous ready to exact revenge on the people who tormented her.

I dont know if the movie was made for tv or if there was a theatrical release. When I saw it as a kid it was mind blowing...as an adult its pure seventies cheese.

Could make for some fun.
    I now need to see this.

* First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    another good one would be the book "shadowland" by peter straub. another one from when i was a kid.

googling around i discovered it was almost made into an nbc mini series a few years ago. a few reviews reminded me why i loved the book so much. something about it was presented in a way that felt very real. the book is about two young boys who discover magic is real. the first half of the book is set in a private school while the second half takes place in a psychotic sorcerers mansion. you could say it sounds like harry potter but outside of that basic premise the two have nothing in common. shadowlands is genuinely creepy and very adult. been years since i read it but on memory alone its filled with it all. monsters, ghosts, weird fairy tales, the devil, girls who walk on glass...i should read it again.

In case of emergency, run like hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-22-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Follow greywolf On Twitter Add greywolf on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7
    I think The Talisman by Stephen King & Peter Staub was made into a short film, but never actually given the theatrical treatment. I think it'd make a good movie.

Everybody is a book of blood. Wherever we're opened we're red.
    -Clive Barker

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    i also want remake of Cat People.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    feel like the moment has passed for an "i was a teen age zombie". awesome soundtrack. bad, bad movie.

i also think "Fright Night" could have been developed into a fun tv series with them hunting other monsters and stuff. kind of a buffy meets supernatural

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 25
    Quote Originally Posted by cuddul View Post
    I am just curious if anybody had any ideas on some horror movies that should of been made and you’re surprised Hollywood or B-movie central hasn’t attached the ideas yet.

I’ve always felt and have been surprised that there has never been a zombie movie set on a Cruise Ship, I felt it would work so well, as there’s no direct escape, imagine 7 survivors on a ship, battling it out to the top of the ship to get life boats to survival. I am aware Rec 4 did this similar, however it was on a containment ship and it didn’t have many people on it, imagine a cruise with 3000 Infectious Humans. It could work well.

How about yous?
    That idea with zombies on a cruise ship out to sea actually has been used back in the 1970s in "Ghost Ship Of The Blind Dead." It is the third installment of the Spanish and Portuguese Blind Dead series. They are very good and worth a look in similar format to Lucio Fulci's Zombie, Burial Ground, Cemetery Man, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, The Children(1980), etc.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 25
    Sacrament by Clive Barker could be amazing if made into a movie, but it could just as easily be messed up if not done right, though. I guess my thoughts would be mixed on that one(LOL).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread