Last Online
    09-27-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

16TH ANNUAL SHRIEKFEST HORROR/SCI-FI FILM FESTIVAL

Shriekfest is an international film and screenwriting contest celebrating the work of independent artists in the horror, sci-fi, and fantasy film genres. If you're in the Los Angeles area, come join us for our ‘Sweet 16th’ year!

Shriekfest runs October 6 - 9, 2016. An opening night party will take place at Club Sinister in Hollywood; the rest of the festival will be at the iconic Raleigh Studios on Melrose Blvd.

Raleigh Studios
    5300 Melrose Ave
    Los Angeles CA 90038

Closing party is here as well, on Sun Oct 9th., 10:30pm - ?

For more info, schedules, and festival passes, visit: http://www.shriekfest.com/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 101
    A year and a half late, but in my defense, I wasn't here when this was originally posted.

I entered a script into the Shriekfest's '05 screenplay competition. I didn't win (it was my first script, although I did make it to the finals) and wasn't even able to attend the fest in person, but the experience was nevertheless a positive one. Usually when you enter a script comp, if you don't win, that's the last you hear of it. Too bad, so sad, bye-bye. But for months after the comp, fest runner Denise Gossett was still sending my losing script out to interested parties, and eventually one of those parties optioned one of my other scripts. So this fest is definitely on the up and up, and the people in charge put their best foot forward for you. So if you're a horror screenwriter and/or aspiring genre filmmaker, Shriekfest is a good way to get your stuff seen.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 04-25-2018 at 11:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread