Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    You're confused as to why thats a massive issue for a lot of people?
    Not at all. I understand why it's a problem, which is why I said

Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    After doing a small amount of research, I am seeing more and more reddit posts of people thinking that this is getting blown way out of proportion.
    I didn't say all these people are lying. I said it's interesting to see how many people are claiming that these reports are blown out of proportion. Also, the average user may not realize (because they either are young or ignorant) that this $300 machine has a very large LCD display. People think of it as a gaming console that would never break, but I doubt many of these people that are reporting the problems are using it properly. They expect it to work flawlessly and while the design for the dock is poor, they still expect it to not have any problems because it came with the Switch.

It makes me raise an eyebrow because I don't see many of these people being careful while putting it in and taking it out of the dock. Then they will scream at Nintendo for a poor product. Yes, the design choice is pretty bad, but I can't blame Nintendo for 100% of these problems.

I don't know why you are up in arms with me about the dead pixel thing, because I agreed it's a lousy thing to say/do on Nintendo's part. I will give you credit on being consistent because all your quote posts make it obvious you don't read the full original post in question. You either half read it or rush through it because you have a response in mind.

A system that i already have my 6 year old nephew asking for, and i know how he drops shit, we got him a cheap tablet and it was dropped half a dozen times on day one.
    So..you know how he drops shit, yet still went out and bought him a tablet. Then shocked to see how it looks?

Tell me, what percentage of the market is going to be the under 12 demographic?
    Considering that most 12 year olds aren't purchasing the systems, that percentage isn't too high. Parents should be responsible for the child getting a $300+ system. If I knew my kid dropped shit all the time or was completely careless with today's electronics, he/she wouldn't be getting a Switch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DMHead777; 03-08-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Add another problem to the list

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    I didn't say all these people are lying. I said it's interesting to see how many people are claiming that these reports are blown out of proportion. Also, the average user may not realize (because they either are young or ignorant) that this $300 machine has a very large LCD display. People think of it as a gaming console that would never break, but I doubt many of these people that are reporting the problems are using it properly. They expect it to work flawlessly and while the design for the dock is poor, they still expect it to not have any problems because it came with the Switch.
    Did i suggest you thought they were lying? No. I was attempting to point out that a product, out of box, being broken in various ways is a very big issue for consumers and for some odd reason, you want to attempt to minimize very real concerns people have.
    And btw, the "very large screen" is smaller than most of my other LCD products that dont fucking ship with dead fucking pixels and if they did, you would have some kind of manufactures warranty to fix the PROBLEM.

People think of it as a gaming console that would never break, but I doubt many of these people that are reporting the problems are using it properly.
    At this point i have to ask you if youre either stupid or giving all the CEOs at nintendo blowjobs nightly.
    What the fuck do you think we are talking about here? Nintendo Wii's breaking 10 years down the road? Xbox 360's failing 15 years down the road? We are talking about a launch product, new out of fucking box... what is wrong with you? No one has some fucking delusions that consoles dont fucking break, but we expect them to fucking work brand fucking new out of the fucking box. Until you can get that this is the problem maybe you should avoid this topic?

It makes me raise an eyebrow because I don't see many of these people being careful while putting it in and taking it out of the dock. Then they will scream at Nintendo for a poor product. Yes, the design choice is pretty bad, but I can't blame Nintendo for 100% of these problems.
    At this point i just cant..... What are you talking about? The docking process is something that is normal to the product, its supposed to function 100% without error or breaking shit. This would be like me setting a controller down, it bursting into flames, and then you coming up with some bullshit about how i didnt put it down right, instead of addressing the motherfucking issue that is burst into flames when setting it down is something you should be able to do without it bursting into flames.

I cant do this, you are utterly asinine and ridiculous on these subjects. You continuously want to defend these horrific practices by nintendo and MS, with either bullshit or simply for some reason not being able to grasp very simple things that im pretty sure you do.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-08-2017 at 12:47 PM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    Add another problem to the list
    Nintendo really needs to make an actual statement about all of this.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Ok DM, you gave me my warning for your little fee-fees being hurt (or you being put in your place in a conversation, which seems to be a common theme with my warnings). Now actually address what i said instead of altering what i said and dismissing the facts with nonsense and excuses as to why its okay for something to be broken, new out of box. Or why its okay for a product to be used as designed, to be damaged with the use of that design (thats a failed design).

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-08-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Another compilation video, about half we've seen before.

So im going to take a shot in the dark with some of these errors we have seen multiple instances of.

1. The high pitched squeal with a frozen system that wont boot. I would suspect this is an internal cable issue. Its probably shotty manufacturing and im willing to bet its only happening with the systems using connections made from _____ (who knows? I dont know all their manufacturing spots.). IF its not a wire issue, then its most likely a main board issue and the production thing still applies.

2. The inverting of colors, this one is far more concerning than i think most people would think. IMO it says something about the quality of the graphics chip. Maybe its overheating in small spots, maybe its poorly manufactured. But this seems to be fairly common.

3. Systems not turning on at all or freezing while turning it on. This could be the same (or similar) error as 1 or it could be a power issue......... for Nintendo sake, they are better off if its 1 (or 1.5, a board issue).

4. FPS dropping well below 30 while docked. So this IMO is again, a bad GPU and our second indicator for bad GPUs.

5. And of course the controller issues. Its hard to tell which end this would be on, but given some of the tests people have run, id suspect the issue is within the controllers themselves. If not, than its most likely due to shitty receivers on the main board.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    This has to be the most embarrassing console launch in history.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    No, it's just the latest one. All time is probably the VirtuaBoy. The 3DS had a rough start as well with its analog slider issues and the screen hinge wearing. The coverage is just higher because the zelda game is so big and a new nintendo home console is bigger news that a dedicated handheld.

Par for the course in the world of consoles.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Great teardown of the switch

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Who can forget the RRoD for the 360s?

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Who can forget the RRoD for the 360s?
    That was bad but it was a singular issue. This is hardware, software and serious design choice problems.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Red ring was 3 errors, all related to its design.
    Overheating, you can pretty much solve this in the old systems by splicing two wires together on the fan, and taking a 12V fan that fr some reason they had set to run at 5V, and the splicing takes it to 10... so had they simply ran the fans at their intended voltage, millions of people and systems would still be working.

Soldering was the second most common reason. It was shit. Well, actually, thats hard to say. It could have been that the overheating simply fucked the soldering up every time you turned the system on.

And the CD drives were bad.The most common one i'd replace was the Samsungs.

That was the most shotty system ive ever seen, until the Switch. Ill go with Mac on this one though, usually we see rushed consoles have hardware issues or a lack of software at launch, the Switch has both. I really want to get my hands on a broken switch, so if anyone got a switch and its broken PM me.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-10-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Switch is still going beautifully strong. There was a shrine in Zelda where I had to use the game pad itself. I was a bit hesitant because I originally planned to never remove it from the dock. Taking it out of the dock and putting it back in was fine. It was also very seamless to switch between the two. There have been no scratches or anything wrong with the Switch itself. I can't comment on battery power of the console because it's always docked, but the battery power of the Pro controller is fantastic. My gaming sessions aren't too long usually, but this week I have been racking in some hours into Breath of the Wild and I didn't need to charge it at all. The controller itself is smooth and durable. It definitely has some weight to it and feels like it won't break if I get frustrated and decide to throw it across the room /s.

Overall, very confident with this system. I personally don't need any other apps like Netflix or Hulu because I bought the Switch to game, not be a media center. Literally every other console I own from '06 on has access to media streaming, so it doesn't bug me that Nintendo didn't add it on to the Switch yet. I admit that when I first bought the Switch I didn't have anything to play. Zelda came in a few days later so it was basically a paperweight until that came in. I could have downloaded games from the store, but I'm a physical kind of guy.

All of my friends who purchased the Switch have had no complaints on anything. They have not received cracks, scratches, problems with the screen, or anything with the hardware itself. We all received perfect units. I see bright things for the Switch in the future. Fantastic system.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I dont know if id call thousands of broken systems out of box (or very soon after) with 1 game for the system a "beautiful launch"... but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I dont know if id call thousands of broken systems out of box (or very soon after) with 1 game for the system a "beautiful launch"... but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Who said it was a beautiful launch? Half reading things again?

Also, there were more than 1 game for launch. The games I have listed below for you

1-2-Switch
    Fast RMX
    Just Dance 2017
    Human Resource Machine
    I Am Setsuna
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Little Inferno
    Shovel Knight
    Skylanders: Imaginators
    Snipperclips
    Super Bomberman R
    World of Goo

Just because most people were playing Zelda, doesn't mean it was the only game that was released on launch day. Most of those games have decent-great reviews as well. I have heard really good things about Snipperclips, World of Goo, and Fast RMX.

Also, I am not sure where you were reading, but I was commenting on my experience with the Switch. I own one and can freely give my opinions on it.

Last edited by DMHead777; 03-14-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Who said it was a beautiful launch? Half reading things again?

Also, there were more than 1 game for launch. The games I have listed below for you

1-2-Switch
    Fast RMX
    Just Dance 2017
    Human Resource Machine
    I Am Setsuna
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Little Inferno
    Shovel Knight
    Skylanders: Imaginators
    Snipperclips
    Super Bomberman R
    World of Goo

Just because most people were playing Zelda, doesn't mean it was the only game that was released on launch day. Most of those games have decent-great reviews as well. I have heard really good things about Snipperclips, World of Goo, and Fast RMX.

Also, I am not sure where you were reading, but I was commenting on my experience with the Switch. I own one and can freely give my opinions on it.
    1. Its been out for 11 days, we are still in the launch period. So my wording is accurate. But nothing is lost if we did change it to simply "going beautifully strong".

2. Sorry, i was not considering shovelware thats on every single system.
    But hey, let me go ahead and rephrase that so we dont have to be semantic.
    "There is only one unique game for the system, unless you consider the laughably stupid milking of cows game"

3. "I own one and can freely give my opinions on it." Yah hey, go for it. As i said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And just as you have these rights, when you choose to vocalize them in a public forum i then have the right to question what you consider ugly if this is going beautifully. One exclusive and thousands of broken systems, is IMO, not remotely close to beautiful in my book.... kind of makes me wonder what you would considered a disaster... zero games? Are we one off?

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-14-2017 at 05:47 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Hmm..it seems like all those Youtube videos you constantly link aren't giving you the information you desperately need. It helps when you have thoughts of your own you know

Nintendo Switch Exclusives on launch:
    1-2 Switch
    Blaster Master Zero
    Fast RMX
    New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers
    Snipperclips
    Soldam: Blooming Declaration
    Super Bomberman R
    Zelda

So, despite the ratings, those games have been being played since launch in either Japan or NA. As I said, just because Zelda is the most played, doesn't mean it's the only game that came out that day. Viewing the Nintendo Store, it shows many games that you can download and enjoy. Also, many of those games are getting better reviews than most games to come out for PC and consoles. Also, seeing that list of games and the hours that you could dedicate to each one, it will be more than enough to take the console into Holiday 2017.

Also, yes there have been many broken systems. But more people are shouting negatives about the systems than people shouting, "My Switch is ok!" because they are too busy playing it.

Also also, I just read this

But nothing is lost if we did change it to simply "going beautifully strong".
    Which makes me laugh because the original context was me explaining how MY Switch is acting, not in general.

Last edited by DMHead777; 03-14-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

So I got some serious play time in this weekend/snow day and here are some observations:

1. The physical connection between the left controller and the console isn't as rigid as I'd like. I notice some flex when holding it with one hand.
    2. Battery life off the dock (while playing Zelda of course...there is only one game worth playing on the system) was just a hair over 3 hours before I got the battery warning, so that's just about what I expected
    3. The Pro controller is amazingly comfortable. I found myself being WAY more confident in my aiming/fighting than with the waggle sticks. It is on par with the 360 and Xbone controllers. and the Switch controller having the same motion controls as the waggles is also great.
    4. I love the new zelda...I love it sooo much. I spent hours doing nothing to progress the story and had a blast.
    5. I modified my dock by adding some microfiber cloth and applied the Hori screen protector to prevent the screen from scratching

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast