Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Hmm..it seems like all those Youtube videos you constantly link aren't giving you the information you desperately need. It helps when you have thoughts of your own you know
    Im not sure what you expected from them, all are titled appropriately and none aside from the compilation (which is up to episode 5 i believe) have been used to demonstrate anything. the opinion based one's are simply youtubesr i watch on a regular basis and generally respect their opinions, or they provide a small amount of information that is lesser known.

Nintendo Switch Exclusives on launch:
    1-2 Switch
    Blaster Master Zero
    Fast RMX
    New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers
    Snipperclips
    Soldam: Blooming Declaration
    Super Bomberman R
    Zelda
    Right... most of these are shovelware. Or modified versions of. You don't buy a console to highlight crap games that you can play on any system, or variations of.

So, despite the ratings, those games have been being played since launch in either Japan or NA. As I said, just because Zelda is the most played, doesn't mean it's the only game that came out that day. Viewing the Nintendo Store, it shows many games that you can download and enjoy. Also, many of those games are getting better reviews than most games to come out for PC and consoles. Also, seeing that list of games and the hours that you could dedicate to each one, it will be more than enough to take the console into Holiday 2017.
    So, maybe i should have been a bit more clear here. Zelda is the only game at launch that is a real game... ehhh.... not a iphone game. The games we expect to validate a purchase of these consoles. All of the other games you listed (even bomberman) is shovelware made by small independent small studios, designed to be programmed and pushed out as quick and cheaply as possible. Being on a Nintendo system does not change what they are. AS petty as you get, i dont think youre stupid and i think you do this as an intentional argument. I dont think you needed this explained to you, but for arguments sake, ill do it.

I dont know why you want to argue this or pretend that we didnt see what we did. But as a gamer, and i think everyone else would agree, i expect more. I expect a 400 dollar purchase to be validated by its unique line up. And of course we know systems solidify this with their launch. Of course at this point in the life of consoles this is extremely disappointing given that all Nintendo has going for them are these titles.

Also, yes there have been many broken systems. But more people are shouting negatives about the systems than people shouting, "My Switch is ok!" because they are too busy playing it.
    Yah. Just like we never hear about police doing their job... because its their job, its expected. We only hear of the police murdering people for no reason. The fact that we can point out that there are plenty of police who do their jobs properly, does not change the fact that there are problems within police forces. Just like peoples nintendo's functioning properly, does not change the simple fact that a very large number have been shipped out broken. Nor does it change the fact that this seems to be due to shotty hardware.It also does not change the response we've seen from nintendo on these issues.. .which as been to deny one and pretend the other is not broken out of the box.

Sometimes i wonder if you really work for a living. Only because ive never seen a working man be less concerned with consumerism and the quality of products as you. This is not a subjective case of if the xbox live is a rip off or not, at least you have a leg to stand on with that one. With this though, we are seeing hundreds maybe thousands, of instances of broken consoles being shipped with the company telling people to go fuck themselves, and you dont seem to be concerned at all. Which given you just bought one, you should be concerned yes and not defending these disgusting practices yes?

Which makes me laugh because the original context was me explaining how MY Switch is acting, not in general.
    "Switch is still going beautifully strong. " was the sentence you wrote. After this sentence you didnt further this or offer any new information, you changed to the topic of controllers in Zelda. You didnt say "my experience with the switch is its going beautifully", or anything along those lines. So... don't blame me if you didnt properly express yourself. I have no problems you clarifying this though. BUT, i do find it funny that youre attempting to defend the criticisms, while also trying to change your own declaration.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-15-2017 at 05:46 PM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Holy hell I'm not reading all of that

Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    The Pro controller is amazingly comfortable. I found myself being WAY more confident in my aiming/fighting than with the waggle sticks. It is on par with the 360 and Xbone controllers. and the Switch controller having the same motion controls as the waggles is also great.
    I was really surprised with this as well. Nintendo usually makes some great products, but this Pro Controller is very comfortable. Have you tampered with the Pro Controller for the WiiU? Is it comparable at all?

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Have you tampered with the Pro Controller for the WiiU? Is it comparable at all?
    I never had it since I used the Game Cube Adapter for smash and just used the regular WiiU screen for games like the Zeldas.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

On second thought, I will respond to Brave since he spent so much time on my quotes and all

Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Right... most of these are shovelware.
    Zelda is the only game at launch that is a real game... ehhh.... not a iphone game.
    So most are shovelware, but Zelda is the only "real game" out of the list. Despite games like Snipperclips and Fast RMX getting fantastic reviews. Sure they may not be the longest games, but those games are definitely a lot of fun. Sure the whole "fun" thing is subjective, but when I think of shovelware, I think of barbie games or something that has zero replay value and is way too easy. I'm not sure about Fast RMX, but I can definitely see putting some time into Snipperclips and getting my $20 worth. Super Bomberman R on the other hand I have not tested out. People are saying it's overpriced, but it's a sequel to a series of classic games. Not really sure why you would say it is shovelware and not a "real game" considering, from what I have seen, most people are saying it's like the older games. 1-2 Switch is a big gimmick if I have ever seen one, but is mainly a party game which is what it was advertised as from the start. I don't see myself putting hours and hours into it, but bringing my Switch over to parties, I think this would be a great hit. $60 is a no go however. Maybe $20

AS petty as you get, i dont think youre stupid and i think you do this as an intentional argument. I dont think you needed this explained to you, but for arguments sake, ill do it.
    It's the Internet and we can all get petty to some degree, but you kind of do this to yourself. You reply and reply until someone has no choice but to say something to shut you up. You jam your opinions down multiple members throats and it just gets super irritating after a while. You never fail to break down someone's comment and make 3-4 arguments out of one reply. Frankly, it's exhausting

Yah. Just like we never hear about police doing their job... because its their job, its expected
    Just because the mainstream media rarely reports police doing a good deed doesn't mean they aren't doing it. I see a LOT more videos and comments on Reddit, Youtube, other forums and social media comments saying negative about the Switch than positive. Sure, that could mean that the Switch is totally fucking broken, but I stand by what I said that more people will bitch about something small (not saying these problems are small, just in general) rather than give it praise. Especially coming from Nintendo. Saying that, I do recognize there are a lot of problems with the Switch. I do, however, think that some of them are being blown out of proportion. Broken consoles are one thing, but when people are bitching about the battery life or the LCD screen scratching when they think it should be fluid to take the thing in and out of the dock, it's just laughable. That's my opinion on the matter. I never blindly stuck up for Nintendo. I hoped this would be a success, but I do recognize more and more broken LCD screens and general cartridge issues.

It also does not change the response we've seen from nintendo on these issues.. .which as been to deny one and pretend the other is not broken out of the box.
    This I agree with. I don't like how Nintendo is sweeping these problems under the rug at all.

Sometimes i wonder if you really work for a living.
    Here we go

AS petty as you get

With this though, we are seeing hundreds maybe thousands, of instances of broken consoles being shipped with the company telling people to go fuck themselves, and you dont seem to be concerned at all.
    This may sound incredibly selfish, but what do I have to be concerned with? Nintendo is not my company. It's not even my favorite console company. If they go out of business, their IPs will be picked up by someone else. I got shipped a "perfect" Switch. My friends got shipped Switchs that work flawlessly. Besides Strt, I have five or six other friends that received the Switch and are playing a lot of Zelda and Snipperclips without any problems whatsoever. I guess it is biased of me to say these things about Nintendo, but I have not had any problems with mine. I would recommend this console time and time again. I would say be careful before you buy due to all the problems, but Zelda, Snipperclips, Fast RMX, are worth the price of the Switch. Mario Kart Deluxe alone is worth the price of the Switch. As I said before, I don't like what the company is doing, but their product is flawless for me. That's very hypocritical sounding, but I'm not going to stop playing Zelda and return my Switch because hundreds of other people are having problems. If I am not mistaken, Amazon has an amazing return policy. My buddy returned about 3 Xbox Ones because they didn't "sound right" .

TL;DR I love my Switch and would recommend it. I don't like what Nintendo is saying about these problems, but that doesn't stop me from playing and enjoying it. I have nothing to be concerned with personally.

"Switch is still going beautifully strong. " was the sentence you wrote.
    Now for the part of the argument that doesn't matter at all. A man trying to tell me how HE perceived MY original comment talking about MY Switch. Ok, I'll play along.

you changed to the topic of controllers in Zelda.
    Considering I followed "Switch is going beautifully strong" with my opinions of the game, console and pro controller, I'd say that any right minded individual would think I was talking about my own Switch. Considering I said the following in that comment..

Taking it out of the dock and putting it back in was fine. It was also very seamless to switch between the two.
    I can't comment on battery power of the console because it's always docked, but the battery power of the Pro controller is fantastic. My gaming sessions aren't too long usually, but this week I have been racking in some hours into Breath of the Wild and I didn't need to charge it at all.
    The controller itself is smooth and durable. It definitely has some weight to it and feels like it won't break if I get frustrated and decide to throw it across the room
    Overall, very confident with this system
    I bought the Switch to game, not be a media center
    I admit that when I first bought the Switch I didn't have anything to play. Zelda came in a few days later so it was basically a paperweight until that came in
    All of my friends who purchased the Switch have had no complaints on anything. They have not received cracks, scratches, problems with the screen, or anything with the hardware itself. We all received perfect units. I see bright things for the Switch in the future. Fantastic system.
    So, how you thought I was talking about Switch sales or anything to do with the general information of the Switch is beyond me. It seems that you took one sentence out of context and didn't read the rest of my reply. I'm sorry that my reply didn't make sense to you, but there is no reason to keep going back and forth with me on that considering it's pretty obvious what I was talking about.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    So, how you thought I was talking about Switch sales or anything to do with the general information of the Switch is beyond me.
    Because that is what you were responding to and you never clarified in that sentence or a follow up?
    Stop with this ridiculousness. You were responding to what i was speaking of and you failed to properly convey yourself, learn from it and deal with it. Its not on the reader to find random pieces and complete your sentences for you.

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-16-2017 at 08:12 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Fastest selling Mario Kart game ever, with 459,000 units sold on launch day.

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-...rio-kart-game/

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    08-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 255
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    I fuckin love my switch!

Zelda - mind blowing!
    Mario Kart - its f.u.c.k.i.n mario kart!? It's the tits!
    NBA Playgrounds is like NBA JAM phooookin nice!?
    Snipperclips! - such a good multi player game!
    added a good amount of NEO GEO...why!? cause NEO GEO is the tits!

I probably won't use it much for the mobile aspect honestly but this console is great!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Nintendo Online confirmed for $20 a year, but pushed back to 2018. Looks like the service is free until then

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo...edium=facebook

Nintendo has finally solidified the details on its online service, now dubbed Nintendo Switch Online. The pricing comes in with different tiers: one month for $3.99, three months for $7.99, and 12 months for $19.99. In addition to that, it looks like the free service will run until at least the end of 2017, as the website mentions a 2018 launch date.

Virtual Console isn't mentioned by name, but subscribers will get access to classic titles with added online functionality. Nintendo specifically mentions Super Mario Bros. 3, Dr. Mario, and Balloon Fight, so those will likely launch with the service. The lobby and voice chat app will also have a trial launch this summer, probably in time for Splatoon 2. That will still be relegated to a smart device, because of course it will.

The wording on one aspect is very interesting, though. In italicized print, the website mentions, "After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online." Does that mean we'll get getting free-to-play games launching on the Switch?

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Nintendo Switch surpassed PS2's first year sales in Japan, and deservedly so. Console is amazing

The latest Media Creates data is out and the Nintendo Switch has sold 269, 684 units in Japan just the last week, more than 5 times more than it’s closest competitor, the PlayStation 4, which sold 50, 662 units.

But more importantly, the Nintendo Switch is possibly the fastest selling home console in Japan, besting even the most popular console in Japan, the PlayStation 2’s first year of sales. As hypothesised from last week’s data, it was only predicted that the Nintendo Switch was going to do better than the best sold console in history’s first year. Now it is confirmed.
    https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-sw...-huge-restock/

Last edited by DMHead777; 12-28-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    08-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 255
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    just finally added Rocket Ball...holy balls that games is a lot of fun! Should've DL this one years ago.

The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

https://www.thegamingjunction.com/20...itch-mini.html

Possible new version of the Switch coming this year?

I think it could work and the only thing I would want is a larger battery for longer portable play. and a better location for the USB-C for easier "charging play" Other than that I'm perfectly happy with mine.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/lite/

Nintendo has announced the Switch Lite. Essentially a regular Switch that doesnt have removable controllers and is $299. This is $100 less than the normal switch.

Good to see a new option, though it seems like the death of the 3DS is even more solidified now.

Master of Brutality
    Back at it again.

Status
    Last Online
    10-10-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Add UzumakiW on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 75
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID UzumakiW Steam ID UzumakiW
    Figures this would be the natural progression when it comes to the "next gen" in their handheld systems. I have no plans on getting one, since I have the Switch, and it's already a good option for handheld gaming, but it's a pretty good option to have.

"We all go a little mad sometimes"

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Good to see a new option, though it seems like the death of the 3DS is even more solidified now.
    They made a statement saying that they will continue to support the 3DS as much as they can and have no plans of stopping production. So, there is that.

This Nintendo Lite is whatever. Nintendo needs to focus on the online aspect desperately. I don't think this thing can be docked, so if I'm playing Smash online, the lag is going to be fucking horrible.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

The Nintendo Indie World Showcase was today. These games looks like a blast. I'm only half way through the video, but Olli Olli World, The Longing and obviously TMNT look fucking awesome.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I like to play 4 player Castle Crashers to this day and that TMNT game looks like it would be right up our alley. Hopefully the music improves because that track wouldnt hold a candle to the majesty of the Turtles in Time soundtrack.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Hopefully the music improves because that track wouldnt hold a candle to the majesty of the Turtles in Time soundtrack.
    Hard agree. I'm sure the soundtrack will be great. They got fucking Mike Patton to sing for the main theme, so.

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-17-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    How much longer do you think Animal Crossing will be popular?

Last edited by TerryWilson; 04-15-2021 at 10:56 AM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TerryWilson View Post
    How much longer do you think Animal Crossing will be popular?
    Animal Crossing never stopped being popular. It's a great time waster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast