01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    Where i come from we call that killing two birds with one stone.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    * First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Horror and the class system...I swear this was a viewer request. How topical it is, is just a happy coincidence

* First time watch

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Another viewer request and I made it to 20 episodes!

* First time watch

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Congrats on hitting 20 episodes...... pretty much covered everything that was said in movie appreciation class, but the one thing that the class didn't cover was the churches involvement in movie rating, but that didn't come as much of a surprise.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Congrats on hitting 20 episodes...... pretty much covered everything that was said in movie appreciation class, but the one thing that the class didn't cover was the churches involvement in movie rating, but that didn't come as much of a surprise.
    Thank you! The catholic churches involvement had some....odd results...John Waters has admitted multiple times that he used their objectionable list as a list of required viewing. Wonder how many other filmmakers did the same?

New video, our kittens are in it

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    You should do a more in depth job researching your own fears for this video. The water and dark confined spaces are very primal and passed down fears of humans.
    The murky water obviously comes from millions of years of our ancestors at water holes having to contend with alligators, crocodiles, snakes, etc.
    And the dark confined spaces is just darkness. Humans are generally... at lest uneasy in the dark because its when many predators came out and fact is, we're still more comfortable in the trees than we are on ground.

Also, that could have been a plastic bag chasing you. In water when you move it creates a drag behind you, meaning light weight objects will be sucked into this drag and "speed up" and turn with you.
    Whats funny though, is your husbands fear is more warranted than your own (and mine btw, i wont go in dark water... fuck that, i watch too much nat geo. cloudy water can suck my asshole) simply because clear water is most likely referencing salt water, which has far more deadly things in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYnWXqM7YQ

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 02-02-2017 at 08:50 AM.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    You should do a more in depth job researching your own fears for this video. The water and dark confined spaces are very primal and passed down fears of humans.
    The murky water obviously comes from millions of years of our ancestors at water holes having to contend with alligators, crocodiles, snakes, etc.
    Never met anyone with either of those fears.

And the dark confined spaces is just darkness.
    Nope I go into our dark basement all the time. The space is big so I am fine. I tend to prefer low light/darkness around the house anyway.

Also, that could have been a plastic bag chasing you. In water when you move it creates a drag behind you, meaning light weight objects will be sucked into this drag and "speed up" and turn with you.
    I've been in water with trash in it before and after. I've never seen a bag act like that. Especially when it stopped.

Whats funny though, is your husbands fear is more warranted than your own (and mine btw, i wont go in dark water... fuck that, i watch too much nat geo. cloudy water can suck my asshole) simply because clear water is most likely referencing salt water, which has far more deadly things in it.
    Given where we live his fear is mostly expressed with pools. Most bodies of water around us are murky and fresh water. He also pointed out after the episode wrapped is he finds clear water to look more artificial and that makes him uncomfortable as well. Makes sense since most of the water he has seen all his life was murky so that shaped his perception of water.

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Im willing to bet if you asked around a majority of people would be at least very uneasy (and probably not wanting to go in) about getting into cloudy/murky water a forest or swamp.
    My point about the darkness thing was to point out that its the same trigger, its the same mechanism in your brain triggering that fear. Now for some reason, there is claustrophobia added to the equation, but it derives from the same fear of darkness. Without playing internet psychologist too much, im guessing that for some reason this basic fear that most of us tend to get over as we grow older in a modern world, morphed into a dark claustrophobia fear. Im just saying the fear of darkness comes from this, its the fear of the unknown and in our primal lives, predators are in the unknown. And that's why most children are afraid of the dark. Had we evolved from a nocturnal animal of some kind, we'd probably have early fears of light because our senses are dulled in light and you know...... there's pidgins out there.

As for the the plastic bag.... its the same physics you see with say a car and driving along and you pass a bag. Depending on where the bag is, it will either be pushed to the side, or will be temporarily sucked up by a vortex your cars momentum creates and will follow you for a short time. Its the same in water except water is a stronger and heavier matter, which means more extreme's in the situation. I was going to post a link to a water physics paper from Arizona State, but its very long and after a quick search and not remembering the correct term, i gave up. If i remember the correct terminology for this type of drag in water ill post it though.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 02-02-2017 at 06:39 PM.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Is Snuff real? I talk about real death in this video but absolutely no real gore will be shown.

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Id totally call beheading (and execution shootings, pulling limbs apart, etc) videos snuff.
    They are intentionally created to show people what happens if you cross a handful of cartels or terrorist groups. It definitely fits the part of "made for commercial use". The reasons behind something being made for commercial use or public viewing or entertainment, do not change what it is.

My opinion on this is that people keep trying to change what a snuff film is in order to keep it as a myth, as a mystery. Its why we see all these definitions for it and why they change over time. Because a portion of our population does want to recognize how common these actually are.So now we have to add "monetary reasons" to this... why? I dont know. You'd think a series of spree killers video taping their kills with the intent to release them as free entertainment would qualify as snuff, but for some reason.....we now have to consider money. Okay. That would still qualify half of these videos of cartels and terrorists. They do these acts to further their power and gain more money. It may not be for sale, but the end result is the same.
    Fact is, if you include Luka you have include the Cartels and Terrorist groups. The process you explained is exactly the same. Premeditated, recorded with the sole purpose of releasing to public, for attention or to make a point to everyone, etc. You could interchange these examples with the reasoning and they end up being the same. This is why the money thing makes no sense and IMO is again, people simply attempting to keep this as lore instead of recognizing how common these videos have been and how long theyve been around.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 02-06-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeloser View Post
    no real gore will be shown.
    Damn no fun at all

For a rather large fee I will be more than happy to volunteer to be a victim ................employment at last

Last edited by Necromancer; 02-06-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    And the dark confined spaces is just darkness. Humans are generally... at lest uneasy in the dark because its when many predators came out and fact is, we're still more comfortable in the trees than we are on ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYnWXqM7YQ
    Id totally call beheading (and execution shootings, pulling limbs apart, etc) videos snuff.
    They are intentionally created to show people what happens if you cross a handful of cartels or terrorist groups. It definitely fits the part of "made for commercial use". The reasons behind something being made for commercial use or public viewing or entertainment, do not change what it is.

My opinion on this is that people keep trying to change what a snuff film is in order to keep it as a myth, as a mystery. Its why we see all these definitions for it and why they change over time. Because a portion of our population does want to recognize how common these actually are.So now we have to add "monetary reasons" to this... why? I dont know. You'd think a series of spree killers video taping their kills with the intent to release them as free entertainment would qualify as snuff, but for some reason.....we now have to consider money. Okay. That would still qualify half of these videos of cartels and terrorists. They do these acts to further their power and gain more money. It may not be for sale, but the end result is the same.
    Fact is, if you include Luka you have include the Cartels and Terrorist groups. The process you explained is exactly the same. Premeditated, recorded with the sole purpose of releasing to public, for attention or to make a point to everyone, etc. You could interchange these examples with the reasoning and they end up being the same. This is why the money thing makes no sense and IMO is again, people simply attempting to keep this as lore instead of recognizing how common these videos have been and how long theyve been around.
    The definition of the video being used for profit is a more conservative and hard to find one. I use the more difficult standards to cover more bases since you can't please everyone. Anyway you slice it this is very real now.

Damn no fun at all

For a rather large fee I will be more than happy to volunteer to be a victim ................employment at last
    like a Purge Party deal or a more public affair?

* First time watch

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    like a Purge Party deal or a more public affair?

I'll do it either way, but if it's going to be public we have to figure in a royalties percentage into the deal

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    I'll do it either way, but if it's going to be public we have to figure in a royalties percentage into the deal
    We'll pay them out to your estate so your kittens can eat well.

* First time watch

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    In that case I'm getting more kittens

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    As long as they are strays or from a shelter/rescue. Adopt don't shop, good sir.

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    The definition of the video being used for profit is a more conservative and hard to find one. I use the more difficult standards to cover more bases since you can't please everyone. Anyway you slice it this is very real now.
    I think you should include this in a follow up video or a future video.
    Because i dont think it is a conservative definition. I think you could show that its a shifting definition, probably done in an attempt to keep the idea of snuff as lore. The real question is, what next? What happens if we prove the deep web murder industry true (imo it is, ive seen some of these videos)... will it shift again?
    I do also think youre shifting your rules/definitions by allowing Luka to be considered snuff and not cartel or extremist religious videos.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    As long as they are strays or from a shelter/rescue. Adopt don't shop, good sir.
    We got Princess from the shelter, and as far as Midas we did a little intervention and kidnapped him from the owner when he was just a wee little kitten and another kitten later on from the same owner, and turned that one over to a shelter that won't kill any of the animals in its possession. Matter of fact if for any reason the owner can't keep the animal, the shelter guarantees a home where it can live for the remainder of its years. We've moved since then, so she may have had more pets, but it's better to think that she didn't.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Necromancer; 02-06-2017 at 07:21 PM.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    We got Princess from the shelter, and as far as Midas we did a little intervention and kidnapped him from the owner when he was just a wee little kitten and another kitten later on from the same owner, and turned that one over to a shelter that won't kill any of the animals in its possession. Matter of fact if for any reason the owner can't keep the animal, the shelter guarantees a home where it can live for the remainder of its years. We've moved since then, so she may have had more pets, but it's better to think that she didn't.
    Yay! All our were found or adopted and they are all awesome. Hoping after we move it will free up money enough to get a puppy. We've had our eyes on a 12 year old pit who loves kittens.

* First time watch

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Talking about everyone's favorite thing, jump scares.

* First time watch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast