Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Yah.. Pantera has never done that and im wellllllllllll aware of their careers and work as IMO its the pinical of metal.
    Just you saying that shows you don't listen to much outside of mainstream metal and I LOVE Pantera. So, you going 'WHO? WHO SAID THIS!' is pretty pointless because you already have a pretty closed mindset to metal already it seems. I wasn't aware you were knowledgeable on every Anselmo, Dimebag, Vinnie or Rex interview that ever existed.

I dont give a shit how you listen to the album or if you like it.
    If you could not set the dial to 11, that would be great.

You are obviously getting defensive about this without realizing music is completely subjective. It's fine you don't care for the new Metallica. I even said that it was pretty good at best. I wasn't looking for another Puppets or Lightning, but the riffs are good and James' voice sounds great. Also, Lars not hitting pots the whole time like St. Anger is another plus.

In Puppets and Justice they were thrash metal records however way you look at it. Not every song was thrash, but the majority were. Now, we have Metallica making songs primarily Rock and general Metal over Thrash and that's fine. They can borrow certain riffs from their past, because why not? It still sounds pretty good and I never once got the feeling that they were trying too hard in my opinion. If they were, I would see them putting a lot more thrash on the album. Most of the lyrics are pretty pissy on the new record as well which further validates my opinion.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DMHead777; 12-08-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Just you saying that shows you don't listen to much outside of mainstream metal and I LOVE Pantera. So, you going 'WHO? WHO SAID THIS!' is pretty pointless because you already have a pretty closed mindset to music already it seems.
    1. You're the one who attempted to answer the question. Dont be surprised when i ask you to detail your answer. BTW, are you going to give me that example or what?

2. Im not a metal head, never claimed to be. Although im sure ive heard far more then you think, its a sound that no longer appeals to me outside of a select few. And those few have to either hold valued nostalgia or be damned good.

If you could not set the dial to 11, that would be great.
    Youre the one who decided to take issue with how i personally view the album buddy. If you want to argue subjectivity that is fine, but actually address things and attempt to recognize how some one else could view it.

You seem to mistake me making my subjective case, as me being defensive. If you'd like to understand why is aid what i did, then shut the fuck up and pay attention. If not, dont argue it. If you feel differently about the album, then it is what it is, i dont care. I dont care if agree. Stop trying to argue subjectivity and then claiming its defensive when someone attempts to demonstrate that view for you. And damn sure dont take it as "defensive" when someone asks you to demonstrate or prove something you said.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 12-08-2016 at 05:52 PM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

1. You're the one who attempted to answer the question. Dont be surprised when i ask you to detail your answer. BTW, are you going to give me that example or what?
    Brave..I'm not going to do backlogging on every interview just to find the few that said they were going back to a previous sound. I read it and just because you refuse to believe it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Jesus

2. Im not a metal head, never claimed to be. Although im sure ive heard far more then you think, its a sound that no longer appeals to me outside of a select few. And those few have to either hold valued nostalgia or be damned good.
    That's fine...I never said you needed to be a metal head. But when you are asking what metal bands say that they are going back to a previous sound (which is very often) then I will obviously question what metal you have listened to.

Youre the one who decided to take issue with how i personally view the album buddy
    I really don't care how you view the album. You could hate it for all I care. There is a level of discussion here that I am willing to talk about, but you're the one cussing and getting overly defensive. This is a forum after all. Just because I'd like to hear your thoughts doesn't mean I am taking an issue. Your opinions are a little on the...stretching side though.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I really don't care how you view the album. You could hate it for all I care. There is a level of discussion here that I am willing to talk about, but you're the one cussing and getting overly defensive. This is a forum after all. Just because I'd like to hear your thoughts doesn't mean I am taking an issue. Your opinions are a little on the...stretching side though.
    As i just edited and expanded on....
    Youre the one who decided to take issue with how i personally view the album buddy. If you want to argue subjectivity that is fine, but actually address things and attempt to recognize how some one else could view it.

You seem to mistake me making my subjective case, as me being defensive. If you'd like to understand why is aid what i did, then shut the fuck up and pay attention. If not, dont argue it. If you feel differently about the album, then it is what it is, i dont care. I dont care if you agree or disagree. Stop trying to argue subjectivity and then claiming its defensive when someone attempts to demonstrate that view for you. And damn sure dont take it as "defensive" when someone asks you to demonstrate or prove something you said. Which btw, i still dont have answer for and i really would ike one as like i said, im a big pantera fan and throughout their discography i went pretty deep down the rabbit hole.

If youre not concerned with how i view the album, then dont sit here and respond to me claiming that i ddint listen to enough of the album, or maybe i didnt listen to it all.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 12-08-2016 at 05:57 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Ok, that's great. There is no point in discussing anything with you lol. Anything I say will have no "I agree or disagree" it's just random arguments you like to have while you edit your previous post. Yes, Metallica's new album is so fucking bad bro! They are trying way too hard man! They should have stopped before! I have scoured every Pantera interview and saw they never said this man! I agree 100%, you really know your shit!

Better?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DMHead777; 12-08-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Ok, that's great. There is no point in discussing anything with you lol. Anything I say will have no "I agree or disagree" it's just random arguments you like to have while you edit your previous post. Yes, Metallica's new album is so fucking bad bro! They are trying way too hard man! They should have stopped before! I have scoured every Pantera interview and saw they never said this man! I agree 100%, you really know your shit!

Better?
    I know right? Its fucking shocking that someone would respond when your response was that they didnt listen to it enough to have a valid opinion.

BTW, why'd you make the Pantera claim if you didnt know this? Youre the one who decided to make it up, not me, why are you attempting to make me look bad for asking you to give the details of a claim you made?

I have no problems having a discussion about something, but if this is what you do, make shit up as you go along and dismiss any view other than yours as not possible, then yah, you probably should stick with i agree or disagree.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 12-08-2016 at 06:06 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Youre the one who decided to make it up, not me, why are you attempting to make me look bad for asking you to give the details of a claim you made?
    Don't worry, you're making yourself look bad just fine. Just because I read what they said back in the day doesn't mean I know the full details now. Didn't think that was rocket science. I like how you didn't ask for examples on the other bands, but since you really like Pantera, you are singling them out

I'm done with this, I have better things to do.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    You go do other things then. Go find someone else you disagree with on a movie, so you can tell them they didnt watch the movie and cant have a valid opinion.

Ain't Got Time Fo' Jibba-Jabba
    Drunk Again

Status
    Last Online
    03-18-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 39
    Sounds formulaic and like theyre trying too hard.
    Sounds like a lost band.
    I have to 100% agree with this. I just finished the album and I think it's garbage.

I don't know what album you listened to, but this cd proves that they aren't trying too hard at all. If they did, most of the songs would be overly thrashy like their 80's shit. They combine 80's and 90's Metallica into some good songs, but overall it's too much on the Rock side of things. Plus, the production is way better than Death Magnetic. It's a solid album.
    I wish they would've tried too hard. It would've sounded better than this pile of shit. That pooting bass drum sounds like crap and all the wah wah Hammett is using makes my ears bleed. I hadn't bought a Metallica album up to Death Magnetic since the Black Album because I wanted that thrashy 80's Metallica. With Death Magnetic, they went back to what they do so well. These riffs on Hardwired are formulaic and indeed do sound like reworks of older songs. Did you realize this is the only Metallica album Hammett didn't write a single song on? I'll pass on this one. That last Metal Church album(XI) blows this out of the water.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I haven't had a chance to listen to any of this yet but I am excited to.

I still think I am the only one who absolutely loves S & M.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Not every CD Metallica puts out is gonna be Kill "Em All, Ride The Lightning, or Master of Puppets. I go back with Metallica to the beginning...was a young teen when I first saw them (with Dave) and watched them grow one CD at a time. They took over the metal scene mercilessly. I'll never forget what it was like seeing them do Ride The Lightning live at The Roseland Ballroom in NYC before the album even came out...the place went nuts and a riot broke out. Then Cliff died and Metallica was NEVER the same after that. ...And Justice For All has some great songs on it but it wasn't the same and everyone back then was starting to feel the tight grip Metallica had musically starting to loosen up...and boy did it ever....IMO everything after ...AJFA and before Death Magnetic is garbage. This new one is in no way as good as their first 3 BUT it delivers quality old school sounding Metallica style metal that has been missing for many years.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by koolmike; 12-09-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    I still think I am the only one who absolutely loves S & M.
    I dig that album as well.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12