Last Online
    03-18-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 39

Let's Talk About Elisa Lam....

It's strange, but she was more than likely beat up and murdered. No autopsy report?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    It's a very strange and sad case. They are apparently doing a Kick starter for a documentary on her.

* First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashstrodamus View Post
    It's strange, but she was more than likely beat up and murdered. No autopsy report?
    https://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/02/24/el-autopsy/

People let their imaginations run away with this one.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    The Kickstarter thing bugs me. I don't see how any new information could be gathered by a documentary. We have one piece of video footage and the only person that knows what happened is Elisa herself. It also puts a bad taste in my mouth when one of the people who made this is plugging a sci-fi film he is currently making. Just seems odd to me.

Ain't Got Time Fo' Jibba-Jabba
    Drunk Again

Status
    Last Online
    03-18-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I say keep the story alive. Who knows, maybe it will be solved one day. I think it was some creepy fuck that just wasn't caught on the camera.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    The Kickstarter thing bugs me. I don't see how any new information could be gathered by a documentary. We have one piece of video footage and the only person that knows what happened is Elisa herself. It also puts a bad taste in my mouth when one of the people who made this is plugging a sci-fi film he is currently making. Just seems odd to me.
    I can see why you'd feel that way. To be fair the only video that exists to the public was heavily edited by the police. Someone solely devoting time/resources to it may produce some new information but who knows.

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    i dove pretty far into this story a couple years ago.
    I did it because i knew so many grown adults who suggested the supernatural and silly shit and i noticed these incidents and claims were increasing and it was rather astonishing to me to see people allow themselves to think these are viable options or why it had to be foul play. Also, ever since the Emily Rose movie i have taken exception to Hollywood exploiting these cases in the name of bullshit and wanted to get a preemptive strike on this topic given it looked like it would become a movie.

I ended up writing a super long piece on it, article basically, with schematics and everything that i put up as a website and then linked people to on facebook. Ill see if i still have it up or the html code for it. But i like to think i debunked enough of the claims or assertions to warrant the removal of the supernatural.

With the foul play assumptions i feel i did a good job countering many of the very... random and silly things said.
    Like the video tape being edited by police, it was edited for release to media and cut out scene's with nothing of relevance. Now we could say "how do we know that?!", but this is a common practice. There is nothing special or unique about this instance.

Ummm... the "slowing down of the video... what is there to hide?!?!". I didnt even need to look this one up because ive worked with multiple security systems and they tend to do this when the recording fps is not set up properly. So if you do want it at accurate speed, youll have to speed it up by 10% or so.

"Theres no way she could reach the top of the water tank!" This is where i broke out schematics to the roof and to the tanks. Because these tanks are only 8 feet tall and there is a shit ton of large piping around it. Anyone who has ever climbed anything at all, could very easily do this. "Who closed the hatch?!" The wind. Its on a roof to like a 20 story building, wind is something else up there. It can knock an overweight grown man on his ass, it would have no problems with a 20 pound lid at 100 degree angle, on hinges.

"She didnt have drugs in her system"... well we dont actually know this. They did a basic test on her but also noted that it was most likely too saturated with water to get an accurate reading. They also highlight that they did a basic 21 strip test, which is basically weed, coke, heroin and then a bunch of prescription pills. Acid, Mushrooms and peyote are not on these, special tests or strips need to be done to detect these substances . And whle this is simply my experience with Canadians and brainy people, they tend to prefer mushrooms or acid.

That said i dislike the direction that "documentary' seems to be headed in as it does not seem set out to answer questions, rather maintain the same questions and maybe expand them. DM nailed it when questioning these guys motives and intent. Red flags should definitely be popped up for everyone.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-26-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Ain't Got Time Fo' Jibba-Jabba
    Drunk Again

Status
    Last Online
    03-18-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Don't get me wrong. I'm in the club of "some shit happened off camera". Now, if we could just find my clip-on sunglasses I lost drunk last night, we'd be doing good.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashstrodamus View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm in the club of "some shit happened off camera". Now, if we could just find my clip-on sunglasses I lost drunk last night, we'd be doing good.
    Exactly, admitting something seems off or weird here doesn't mean "omg ghosts!" Honestly I've seen this case covered countless times and rarely is the supernatural brought up for any reason more than to present every theory that's been pitched. It's normally dismissed rather quickly.

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Every video/article ive read suggests one of three possibilities.
    Supernatural, serial killer or government murder + cover up. Many present all three and some of the largest conspiracy ( at least at the time, a few years ago) focused on the supernatural or a serial killer who had been killing for decades and not many dismiss any of these.
    Theres also are a handful of fairly common ideas out there, like janitor killed her + cover up by hotel, but they are far less common.
    With the first three though, i find all three to be equally as improbable (although not equally implausible).

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Most of the theories I've heard implied she was killed by someone but never heard anything about the government or a serial killer.....

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeloser View Post
    Most of the theories I've heard implied she was killed by someone but never heard anything about the government or a serial killer.....
    Where do you think the claim that police erased parts of the video came from and whats the implication (even when reasons are not expanded on)?

Id say the majority of large (view) and popular videos on this subject that go into detail, are like the above two. I did a quick search on youtube, but didnt find it on the first two pages... But there is a video series that started off as a podcast on the subject that goes into great detail and a few years ago it was one of the most popular on the subject. That said it pretty much presumed that ghosts or goblins were involved. There's even videos with millions of likes and views that present the idea that the whole thing is ghosts reenacting the movie Dark Water and this "theory" (i fucking hate calling it that) is FAR more popular than you'd think it would be.

I don't mind people keeping an open mind to the subject, if they want to present the idea of police killing her or a serial killer, and leave it open ended while admitting there is no real evidence for any of this, that's fine. The problem is its rare to find videos or articles on this subject that don't favor the conspiracies. Who will not only fail to dismiss the idea of ghosts and ghouls, but will do everything they can to avoid touching on any more realistic scenarios or situations she could have been in. If you look at my list of things ive countered and responded to on this subject, youll see that this is where it all came from. Like... meh.... mos tof these videos will not present the idea that a young adult can climb 8 feet. Instead they will ignore a persons ability to do this, they will ignore the 2 and 4 foot high piping that would be extremely easy to climb on, they ignore how a hinged door can close on its own, etc. or, they wont ignore these things, but simply dismiss them because for some reason its more reasonable that they present the idea that someone brought a ladder on the roof, knocked her out, and then dumped her body in the water. While we cannot throw out that possibility, its rather silly given the evidence, to suggest this with any seriousness. It gets into the realm of irrational when this is being proclaimed above more realistic options, given the evidence.

I think one of the best quotes from the trailer above is by the psychiatrist who says "People in America, simply don't understand mental illness". Which i suspect is her responding to these and similar claims, and Elisa's actions.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-27-2017 at 04:37 PM.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Where do you think the claim that police erased parts of the video came from and whats the implication
    ...The fact that the time stamps jump? As you claim it's common practice. Basically this is a case every true crime horror YouTuber covers.

^ Note about this guy he talks a lot about his mother's suicide so that is why his tone may be a bit strange

^Elia Lam starts at 8:13

The interesting thing I know at least half of these people have some kind of belief in ghosts and the supernatural from their other videos but all of their theories, at least with the available data at the time, are/were plausible. They mention Dark Water and the Lam-Elisa test but it's presented as an odd parallel not a theory of any sort.

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    https://inthelandoftheblindoneeyeisk...at-were-given/

Elisa Lam Video Mystery or Conspiracy - Haunted Cecil Hotel Cover Up! Illuminati Sacrifice

Yes, there are tens of thousands, sometimes millions, promoting these ideas.
    Lets be honest here, do you really think the people who immediately jump to ghosts, supernatural beings or massive government conspiracies, are content at leaving the Dark Water connection just a coincidence or odd parallel? No, of course not. Ive seen some people suggest that dark water is a documentary written by someone who time traveled. People have come up with the craziest shit with this case. I myself have spent weeks speaking to many different people trying to figure out how they can buy into this stuff or promote it over a simple answer of "we dont know". We're talking about Alex Jones people, the people who believe the government puts chemicals in the water to turn men gay and into women.... and that it backfired and turned the frogs gay.
    Look up all the "paranormal experts" who go to the Cecil Hotel and tell insane stories or even video tape their entire experience, do the typical "ghost hunter" bullshit and then have 100,000 people believing in and touting their nonsense.
    This is a societal problem, and it is a problem. There are plenty of studies that demonstrate as education drops, religion, spiritual silliness, conspiracies and stupid shit like this increases in commonality. And i think we can show a dramatic rise in this absurd behavior over the past 10-15 years or so with the people who are now 30, in the work force, and are demonstrating a complete lack of problem solving abilities.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-27-2017 at 07:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread