My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167

Bonehill Road {2017}

Director; Todd Sheets

Whatever you do… stay off Bonehill Road at night.

Remember how cool werewolf movies used to be? Films like An American Werewolf in London and The Howling were loaded with some of the most badass creature effects in the genre’s history, but cool werewolf flicks of that sort have sadly fallen by the wayside in recent years. Computer generated wolves and transformation scenes, well, they’re just not nearly as awesome.

The last great one? Late Phases. Check it out if you haven’t yet.

Todd Sheets, a prolific shot-on-video filmmaker from back in the early days of VHS, is returning to the horror genre with upcoming werewolf film Bonehill Road, and he intends on channeling the glory days of werewolf films past. He promises that the throwback movie will feature loads of retro-style practical effects and absolutely ZERO CGI, and he’s even releasing it on VHS!

Bonehill Road was successfully funded through Indiegogo this year, and Sheets describes it as a dream project that will be a true, old school, American made werewolf movie

In Sheets’ own words:

Bonehill Road is an homage to classic monster films like The Howling and An American Werewolf In London. In some ways, it is a throwback to the films we grew up with… the real horror movies that we all love so much, and in another way it is a modern horror flick that uses old school techniques, including Practical Monster Effects. NO CGI at all here. Our goal is to make an exciting, scary monster movie with some really cool werewolves.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...-film-horror#/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up

The final poster from Alexander Cherepanov has been unleashed!!! Check it out below. Alexander just decided to do this out of love for the project. I swear we have the BEST friends out there, so much love and support for the film. Just unreal. No one has ever achieved greatness without dreams.... and you all are making our dreams a reality. Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. But YOU have done that. Thanks to you, something new and wonderful and original will be born into the world... something that NEVER EXISTED before we all worked together and made it happen. You are part of the creation. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, people can do amazing things... Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Thank you.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Todd Sheets
    1 hr ·

Another new member of the Extreme Family arrived today... Very proud of this beastie! Great work from our friends at GDS-FX for Bonehill Road!

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Eli DeGeer updated her cover photo.
    2 hrs ·
    So, you've heard who's on the set of Bonehill Road this weekend, right? The one and only Scream Queen Legend Linnea Quigley!! I can't wait to work with her! She's absolutely delightful. ❤ If you haven't grabbed YOUR own BONEHILL ROAD merch, head here to pre-order:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...-film-horror#/

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Todd sent me a screener and just what I thought. It was awesome! Great FX and I can't wait to hold the DVD in my hands!

Love the poster!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    death to film snobs!

Status
    Last Online
    12-05-2017

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenheart View Post
    Todd sent me a screener and just what I thought. It was awesome! Great FX and I can't wait to hold the DVD in my hands!

Love the poster!

So jealous.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Todd Sheets added 2 new photos — with Eli DeGeer and 3 others.
    1 hr ·
    Been feeling strange these days. Bonehill Road is a milestone for me in many ways, something I have wanted to do for 25 years.... and now it is finished. Crazy feeling. Maybe my most personal film. It's been an emotional, physical and spiritual roller coaster ride for sure. Ups and downs and battles fought and won... but even more going on deeper down inside.
    Getting ready to send out some IndieGoGo stuff soon. There were a couple of unforseen setbacks and a crack in a master disc. I have been very frustrated and upset about it. I wanted to get IndieGoGo stuff started around Halloween. It has haunted me and made it hard to sleep or focus. First time I have ever done an IndieGoGo and I wanted to impress everyone and be ahead of the curve. The whole thing has had me all over the map emotionally... a real bundle of nerves.
    Keep in mind, I feel we accomplished something kind of crazy and amazing in the first place. We actually began shooting this film June 24th and last full day was August 19th... that is 7 weeks of shooting, mostly on the weekends due to jobs and such - we did around 20 days. We also did a few days of pickup shots, but no full shooting days. Just things that had to be reshot due to technical issues or some extra effects shooting. Editing began almost immediately after first scenes were wrapped. I had to have the film done, as close as possible, for the theatrical premiere in October.
    The editing was completed a few days before the premiere. This included taking an editing break to flu to Hollywood and shoot some effects inserts as promised to our IndieGoGo backers. We spent some incredible time with FX maestro Joe Castro, got all our shots thanks to Joe bending over backwards with basically 16 days notice to get it all done on time and ready for filming when we got there. We spent the following day hanging with our pals in LA, doing some business meetings, trying to make some deals and then with no sleep, jumping back on a plane and landing in KC. That day I grabbed a few hours rest, jumped up and checked all our footage. I then began editing it all into the film. We had about 3 weeks until showtime and I had to finish final mastering, sound design, color correction and get all our IndieGoGo peeps into the end credits. THAT was a job from hell. LOL. But I made it.
    The night of the premiere, I watched the audience and how they reacted to the film. Linnea Quigley was in town and it was a huge success, but I saw some things I wanted to change, to refine. So I went back once I had Linnea settled in (Thank you Stacy Weible) and started watching over and over, making notes on my yellow legal pad. 3 pages later, I began the refining process and soon had masters ready to send out.
    Next thing I know were a series of setbacks and some delays. NOT tragic delays mind you. The film was fine, no major issues, all things that could and would be fixed. But it all takes time. Time I had not intended or counted on.
    But I now see the setbacks for what they are... they are simply things I had no control over. Beating myself up won't make it happen any faster. Technical issues happen and the USPS causing a disc to crack happens. And in the end, it was probably for the best because it allowed me time to find a couple of sound issues, and tweak the opening of the film to make it even more brutal. Eli DeGeer and I spoke in depth about some things with her character and it also gave me a bit of insight to improve the film.
    Of course I only had a few hours because I had to remaster new discs and get things shipped out again. But I refused to sleep and spent several hours working on a few things that improved the film. I restructured the intro scene from the ground up, I did a full Sound Design overhaul on the scene. I like it much better. It packs a harder punch than before and it's damned brutal. I also went in and corrected the few sound issues (mainly stereo sep issues) and even managed to rework a few things that Eli had pointed out.
    So sometimes a setback can be a blessing. Now the film that everyone is going to get soon will be even better. Checked the proofs that were sent from the duplicator and all looks great. Things are rolling forward. A bit behind schedule, but all the better for it.
    So if it takes just a bit longer to get Bonehill Road into your hands, now maybe everyone will understand the process we went through, how we made what I consider a miracle to happen on this budget and an impossible schedule... and maybe you'll enjoy the film even more knowing that we truly have done everything in our power to bring you all an old school, no CGI WEREWOLF movie done with heart, soul, passion and great care by myself and an AMAZING and dedicated cast and crew.
    This movie would not exist without EVERY ONE of the people who gave up their lives and poured themselves into this project. Who were there when I got worried or when I felt the incredible pressure to get done on time so we could meet our deadlines. Sometimes the pressure was really intense. Sometimes I questioned my sanity. Sometimes I would be on the edge - but against all odds, I am now reading good reviews and getting ready to send our little Monster Epic to all the wonderful people who believed in us and our film.
    I dedicate the film to you all. And I hope we made you proud.

+ Reply to Thread