Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458

Clive Barker to give an aspiring filmmaker $300k for original horror pitch!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...contest-970782

One aspiring horror filmmaker will get the chance to scare up support from a true maestro of the genre.

Clive Barker will be helping develop a horror film with the winner of a contest launching this month via Project Greenlight Digital Studios. The winner will receive a $300,000 budget, as well as a mentorship from Barker throughout the production.

"When I was looking for financing while making Hellraiser, I wish there was a studio like Project Greenlight Digital Studios behind me," Barker tells Heat Vision of the program, which is in partnership with AMC Networks-backed Shudder and Adaptive Studios. "Teaming up with Adaptive Studios and Shudder is a wonderful opportunity to support emerging filmmakers in finding the new horror icon. This is also a great chance to scare and entertain audiences at the same time."

Here how to enter:

From Feb. 13 to March 17, filmmakers can head projectgreenlight.com to upload a pitch (one to three minutes) of an original horror film concept. Ten semi-finalists will be selected and voted on by the public as well as a judging panel. The winner of the audience vote will advance, along with four chosen by the judges. Those five finalists will receive funding to shoot a short scene to show off their chops.

In June, the finalists will be invited to the second annual Shudder Labs, a creative retreat where they will receive more guidance on how to enhance their scenes. Then one winner will be selected to develop their film with Barker serving as executive producer.

In addition to his Hellraiser and Candyman film franchises, Barker is known for his novels. His most recent is 2015's The Scarlet Gospels. As for what he's watching lately? He says he was "incredibly impressed" with A Monster Calls.

Shudder is a streaming service specializing in horror and suspense, while Adaptive Studios is known as the producer behind HBO's Project Greenlight, which won an Emmy in 2016.

Submissions can be made at projectgreenlight.com.
    GO HERE TO ENTER: https://www.projectgreenlight.com/co...orror-contest#

I've already entered my pitch! Let's see if any of you have something to offer! This is what the film world needs as well as the horror genre!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    08-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 255
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    this is pretty bad ass!! To early in the morning to think...sorry no pitch from me...

The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-29-2019

Member #
    Threads
    Follow alorenzopadamsfilm On Twitter Add alorenzopadamsfilm on Facebook Add alorenzopadamsfilm on Google+
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 13
    I can't believe I missed this! Smh

Working on my FIRST indie feature, a psychological horror thriller by the name of "Why Mona Rae?" Check me out! #IndieHorror #HorrorFansTurnedFilmmakers
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6019360/

+ Reply to Thread