Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re

Goosebumps: Horrorland (2018)

While it was originally scheduled to arrive in January 2018, Goosebumps: Horrorland now has a September 2018 release date instead. The first film was a success in both the critical and financial sense, grossing $150 million on a $58 million budget. So it’s no surprise that most of the original cast and crew are involved with this follow-up. Both director Rob Letterman and screenwriter Darren Lemke are returning for the Goosebumps sequel, with Deborah Forte (The Golden Compass) and Neal H. Moritz (22 Jump Street) also back as producers. Jack Black is also set to reprise his role as Stine, as his literary monsters invade the real world again.

Interestingly, the subtitle of Horrorland suggest that its setting may be tied into Stine’s spin-off series from the original books, which was a break in tradition as it allowed existing monsters to crossover in overlapping stories, rather than just one-off tales. The reference to Horrorland itself also suggest that the location will be an amusement park, similar to the one depicted in those stories. The original film did feature an overgrown park in the nearby woodland, close to the main characters. Will that be a linking plot device? Slappy was also featured heavily in the Horrorland books (“Return of the Living Dummy“), so that could indicate his involvement in the sequel as well. Along with Black, it also seems likely that Dylan Minnette and Odeya Rush will return as Zach and Stine’s daughter Hannah, which would continue the storyline and themes nicely from where the first film ended.
    -http://screenrant.com/goosebumps-2-horrorland-artwork/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-20-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 3
    I hope this to be true because I'm a huge fan of the Goosebumps and this book always seem to be one of my favorites. Remember reading it several times. Anytime we went on long car rides, I would bring Goosebumps books with me and read them. They always kept my mind busy and got me into horror. As I got older I started becoming a huge Stephen King fan.

Thanks for sharing this!

You've made my day!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread