Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 897
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777

Venom (2018) Spiderman spinoff from Sony..

..starring Tom Hardy. Directed by the same guy who did Zombieland. So, now I don't know what to think

Sony has ensnared a star and director for its Spider-Man offshoot, Venom.

Tom Hardy, who was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The Revenant, is in final negotiations to star in Venom, while Ruben Fleischer, best known for directing Zombieland, is final negotiations to helm the movie project centering on one of Spider-Manís signature villains.

The project is one of Sonyís top priorities and the studio is not wasting time as the movie is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.

Venom is to usher in a host of movies from Sony's Marvel and Spider-Man-based universe of characters. Sony is rebooting its Marvel-based slate with this summerís Spider-Man: Homecoming and Venom is a key title in its slate. The studio is also developing a Silver Sable/Black Cat project among other characters from the Spider-Man stable.

Venom has been one of Marvelís top villains and a Spider-Man fixture since he was introduced in 1988, created by writer David Michelinie and artists Todd McFarlane and Mike Zeck. The character is an alien symbiote that needs a human host to survive. In return, the alien vests its victim with incredible powers. He made his first big-screen appearance in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 and was portrayed by Topher Grace.

Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, the latter of whom worked on 2014ís The Amazing Spider-Man 2, wrote the script for Venom. Plot details are being kept in the black but Hardy, who is said to be a Venom fan, will play Eddie Brock, the character who first became Venom.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing, along with Amy Pascal.

Fleischer made a name for himself balancing comedy with action and horror elements and recently helmed episodes of the Drew Barrymore cannibal show Santa Clarita Diet and NBCís Superstore. He is also a producer on Brie Larsonís directorial debut, Unicorn Store.

The brooding Hardy has racked up acclaim for productions such as Locke and Legend and also starred in Mad Max: Fury Road. The actor has eschewed, for the most part, popcorn movies but did star as Batman villain Bane in 2012ís Dark Knight Rises.

With Venom, the actor now switches from the DC side of comic book movie dimension to the Marvel zone.

Hardy is repped by CAA, Sloane Offer and UKís United Agents. Fleischer is repped by CAA, Management 360, and Sloane Offer.
    -http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-movie-2018-tom-hardy-star-ruben-fleischer-direct-1004115

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 52
    Could be worse, Fox could have the rights to Spider-man and not Sony.

While the last couple spider-man's have been crap, the first three were pretty decent.
    I get the impression that Sony does far less micromanaging, which tends to give us far better films.
    I also heard from i think, Emergency Awesome, that this is most likely a Maximum Carnage movie. Which means Carnage and Spiderman will be in it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by bravenewworld1; 05-19-2017 at 09:01 PM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 107