Last Online
    05-28-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Green goo

I remember watching a sci-fi movie or a TV series which there was a green gelatinous alien. I remember a scene on a space station or a spacecraft and that thing was on the hand of a person. I also think that it controlled the mind of the host but I 'm not sure of that. Unfortunately it's the only thing I can recall from that. There's a major possibility that this was a TV series from the 70s maybe early 80s. I was absolutely terrified by this thing. It may be a star trek episode or Battlestar Galactica but I haven't seen those kind of series since I was a kid. Anyway, I would appreciate an answer or a clue.. . Thanks.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Space Amoeba, Beware the Blob!!, The Green Slime, Laserblast

Only movies that came to my mind Laserblast is what I think you're trying to find although it had nothing to do with a gelatinous creature

Last edited by Necromancer; 05-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-28-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Space Amoeba, Beware the Blob!!, The Green Slime, Laserblast

Only movies that came to my mind Laserblast is what I think you're trying to find although it had nothing to do with a gelatinous creature
    No. Non of these are. I think that this was a TV series and I remember that it didn't look cheesy like the green slime. And the sequence that I remember was in the interior of some kind of a space station. The entire episode might probably took place in space, but I can be 100% sure about that. Thanks for your time though and I'm sorry for my bad memory.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-06-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulalume View Post
    No. Non of these are. I think that this was a TV series and I remember that it didn't look cheesy like the green slime. And the sequence that I remember was in the interior of some kind of a space station. The entire episode might probably took place in space, but I can be 100% sure about that. Thanks for your time though and I'm sorry for my bad memory.

sounds like 90s Outer Limits. they had several scenario like the one that you've described. when you say that the individuals were controlled, do you mean physically? or are you talking about their memories being altered? there's an episode where space spiders would bite members of a space crew causing them to hallucinate of being rescued. when they would flash back to their reality, they were covered in a slime like substance; in preparation of being eaten. but I don't remember the color of it.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 107
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodypolo View Post
    sounds like 90s Outer Limits.
    There definitely is an episode of the 90's Outer Limits just like that, but i'm too lazy right now to track down which one it is.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-06-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 9
    try season one of the 1990s Outer Limits. it's an episode called 'The Voyage Home.'

taken from wiki...
    The crew, Pete Claridge, Ed Barkley and Alan Wells, wake and find they have been unconscious for an hour, and have only four hours left before they must lift off and begin the trip back to Earth.

Day 525, and the Mars III spacecraft is almost back to Earth. An explosion rocks the craft and it begins to veer off course. After correcting its course, the crew discover that half of their oxygen is gone, they have no communications with Earth and Ed, the engineer, had suffered a head injury.

They find a gelatinous substance attached to the wall of the control room. Upon examining it, they discover that it is living matter. It is unlike anything previously known and they speculate that it may have come from Mars, possibly even the capsule they found. Further failures occur on the ship, including life-support. Ed investigates and manages to patch the system back together.

Alan, one of the crew, begins to behave strangely and Pete suggests taking a blood sample to check. Ed arrives back and finds Alan alone (Pete is running some tests) trying to hide the fact that his arm is covered in the gelatinous substance they found on the wall earlier. Alan transforms into an alien creature and attacks Ed. Ed drives the creature into the airlock, with the intention of venting it into space. It transforms back into Alan just in time for Pete to arrive and see Ed open the airlock. Ed tries to explain what happened to a skeptical Pete.

Having seen the creature infect and take over Alan, Ed does not believe that Pete can be trusted.

Last edited by Bloodypolo; 09-06-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 107
    yep, it's the one i was thinking of. Love that show, and seen 'em all.

+ Reply to Thread