My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re

Alien: Awakening (prequel to Alien Covenant...)

So, apparently Ridley Scott said that the next film will be called Alien Awakening and it will be a prequel to Covenant. Blomkamp's alien film was supposed to be called Awakening..and now this is called Awakening.

I'm confused on what new storyline he can put in between Prometheus and Covenant that will be interesting. Especially since we get the first reborn Xenomorph in Covenant. There is a Xenomorph species out there, if you watch Prometheus it's a mural on the wall, so maybe it will focus on the Xenomorphs in some way? I don't know what Scott is thinking. It went from an alien monster movie franchise to now discussing creation and god. This is getting a little too complicated for my taste, but of course I'll try to keep an open mind.

In an interview with Fandango, it would appear as though the filmmaker accidentally revealed the title of the next installment in the “Alien” universe, slipping the name “Alien: Awakening” into a chronological list of the “Alien” prequel movies.

“There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] ‘Alien,'” Scott said, making sense of where in the “Alien” world the films are placed. “It will go ‘Prometheus,’ ‘Awakening,’ ‘Covenant’ … fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way.”

Whether or not Scott merely had a slight brain lapse remains to be seen, but in all likelihood, the title of the next “Alien” movie has just been annouced. Fox didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

If this is indeed the case, and “Alien: Awakening” will be set between the events of “Prometheus” and “Alien: Covenant,” then fans could be in for some brain melts while figuring out how to describe the film, as it would be a sequel to “Prometheus,” but also a prequel to “Covenant,” which were both themselves prequels to the original “Alien” series.
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/al...tt-1202011249/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Its about David developing the xenomorphs and killing the engineers.
    There's an interview with Scott where he talks about this idea.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    Alien: Covenant was a terrible movie.

Some good gory scenes yeah but that doesn't stop it from being a lame movie, there's only one little scene full of tension that doesn't last throughout the whole movie, Michael Fassbender is the best thing in it, though the rest of the characters are standard and unmemorable and exist only to be killed off by the new Xenomorphs that have cringe-worthy shoddy CGI, the story completely retcons the interesting plot from Prometheus to make it into a remake of Alien and answering questions about the creation of Xenomorphs that nobody asked for, the last 20 minutes trying so desperately to be entertaining when it was just shrug-material boredom and it all just shows Ridley Scott pulling a George Lucas where he's completely missed the point as to what made the original Alien such a good movie to begin with before the sequels kept milking it for all it's worth.

I'd say screw whatever Ridley Scott and the suits of Fox say about another goddamn prequel to a sequel-reboot to a prequel...fuck it all. Just let Neil Blomkamp make his Alien movie with a better conclusion to Ellen Ripley, Newt and Briggs and just leave the Alien franchise alone already. If nothing else, make this a segway into a reboot of Alien vs Predator done right with the colonies living on a new planet where they get caught in the crossfires of the Aliens and Predators.

I was disappointed that they abandoned the interesting concept of "you're going to meet your creator and finding out your creator wants to kill you" at the service of just bringing back the Xenomorphs instead of doing something different like they were doing with Prometheus. Now we'll never get to know why humans were a mistake.

Whatever.

I need a drink...

Last edited by Toby; 05-22-2017 at 02:58 PM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Blomkamp's alien film was supposed to be called Awakening..and now this is called Awakening.
    I don't think so. Blomkamp's movie was hinted at being called Covenant from what I remember. but that doesnt mean anything anyway because it's not happening. For all we know it could have been called Alien 5: The Prometheus Covanant's Awakening

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Alien: Covenant was a terrible movie.

Some good gory scenes yeah but that doesn't stop it from being a lame movie, there's only one little scene full of tension that doesn't last throughout the whole movie, Michael Fassbender is the best thing in it, though the rest of the characters are standard and unmemorable and exist only to be killed off by the new Xenomorphs that have cringe-worthy shoddy CGI, the story completely retcons the interesting plot from Prometheus to make it into a remake of Alien and answering questions about the creation of Xenomorphs that nobody asked for, the last 20 minutes trying so desperately to be entertaining when it was just shrug-material boredom and it all just shows Ridley Scott pulling a George Lucas where he's completely missed the point as to what made the original Alien such a good movie to begin with before the sequels kept milking it for all it's worth.

I'd say screw whatever Ridley Scott and the suits of Fox say about another goddamn prequel to a sequel-reboot to a prequel...fuck it all. Just let Neil Blomkamp make his Alien movie with a better conclusion to Ellen Ripley, Newt and Briggs and just leave the Alien franchise alone already. If nothing else, make this a segway into a reboot of Alien vs Predator done right with the colonies living on a new planet where they get caught in the crossfires of the Aliens and Predators.

I was disappointed that they abandoned the interesting concept of "you're going to meet your creator and finding out your creator wants to kill you" at the service of just bringing back the Xenomorphs instead of doing something different like they were doing with Prometheus. Now we'll never get to know why humans were a mistake.

Whatever.

I need a drink...

Glad someone else is around that didn't like it. Since I didn't like Prometheus either I think I'll stay away from any further sequels to this franchise.

Last edited by Necromancer; 05-22-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Its about David developing the xenomorphs and killing the engineers.
    Can you link? Can't find an interview with Ridley on this. One interview I found is that he said this is what Covenant was about, not Awakening.

Sounds great for a scene, but an entire film developed around that idea? When we already see David killing all the engineers in Covenant, an entire film based around this sounds pretty dull. I know it won't be coming out for some time, but hopefully there is some more oomph.

Also, considering there are already Xenomorphs in the galaxy, I don't see how in any way this is a good idea in my opinion.

Last edited by DMHead777; 05-22-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Can you link? Can't find an interview with Ridley on this. One interview I found is that he said this is what Covenant was about, not Awakening.

Sounds great for a scene, but an entire film developed around that idea? When we already see David killing all the engineers in Covenant, an entire film based around this sounds pretty dull. I know it won't be coming out for some time, but hopefully there is some more oomph.
    No idea where it was from, but ive seen it a couple times.

Its about David's obsession with creating a more perfect life form and he uses it to kill all the engineers.

Also, considering there are already Xenomorphs in the galaxy, I don't see how in any way this is a good idea in my opinion.
    There wouldnt be actually. The only thing would be whatever survived the engineers and that protomorph or whatever they called it at the end of Prometheus.

That said while i have a very soft spot for these movies and Ridley Scott, he has really fucked this franchise up.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 05-24-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I might be checking this out Saturday night, ready for anything

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Just realized this isn't the Covenant topic...damn

+ Reply to Thread