This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Father Theodore sounds a bit like Laurence Fishburne.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Solo; 09-28-2017 at 08:12 PM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Started playing this recently and still pretty early in it right now. I'm trying to take my time and explore and gather lots of items before getting too far into the main story. It reminds me a bit of Silent Hill, especially considering you start out in this creepy deserted town. I really like how they let you do side-missions and explore the map a lot more than the first game. So far I really hate that female ghost NPC that one-shot kills you if she spots you

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    im about 3 hours in and just cant get into it so i uninstalled already. But its okay, Fractured But Whole is out and im downloading right now.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Started playing this recently and still pretty early in it right now. I'm trying to take my time and explore and gather lots of items before getting too far into the main story.
    Same here.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Just beat the game--liked it overall. Didn't seem as challenging as the first though, especially with the boss fights. Though this boss fight did have its moments and was longer than expected. Despite being a bit more open world the game also seemed a little shorter than the first, which is surprising. Either way, I still enjoyed it and am curiously awaiting what kind of DLC they throw at us later on

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Finished it the other night. It's a decent follow up to EW, but falls short of it over all.
    The open world aspect was an improvement though. Love doing the scavenger thing in games and EW2 allows for a bit more of that kind of play; especially if you're hitting all the side quests (which I did). Kinda wish the open world parts would've been bigger, but for what it was it's still an improvement over the strict linear EW.

As far a difficulty it wasn't too far off from EW. I played on Survival, but probably could have went harder. Overall EW2 seemed easier than EW at the same difficulty setting. EW could be a beast at times... EW2 not nearly so much. IMO there's a higher tension level and difficulty with EW... though having said that I do think that the weapon/character upgrading and open world aspects of EW2 helped to compensate for the toned down difficulty it delivered, and in many ways made it a much more balanced game over the original EW.

Big fan of survival horror, and bottom line is I dug 'em both. They both have their merits, but if I had to recommend one over the other when it came to difficulty and overall survival horror tension - go with Evil Within.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Solo; 01-06-2018 at 01:15 PM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Finished it the other night. It's a decent follow up to EW, but falls short of it over all.
    The open world aspect was an improvement though. Love doing the scavenger thing in games and EW2 allows for a bit more of that kind of play; especially if you're hitting all the side quests (which I did). Kinda wish the open world parts would've been bigger, but for what it was it's still an improvement over the strict linear EW.

As far a difficulty it wasn't too far off from EW. I played on Survival, but probably could have went harder. Overall EW2 seemed easier than EW at the same difficulty setting. EW could be a beast at times... EW2 not nearly so much. IMO there's a higher tension level and difficulty with EW... though having said that I do think that the weapon/character upgrading and open world aspects of EW2 helped to compensate for the toned down difficulty it delivered, and in many ways made it a much more balanced game over the original EW.

Big fan of survival horror, and bottom line is I dug 'em both. They both have their merits, but if I had to recommend one over the other when it came to difficulty and overall survival horror tension - go with Evil Within.
    Agreed

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 262
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    I never finished this. I made it to the last boss and was out of just about everything. This game is like RE4 mixed with SH and TLOU. It's pretty good, actually, and will likely make a great replacement for Silent Hill. Konami doesn't seem to be in the least bit interested about resurrecting that series. They never could compete with Capcom once Team Silent broke up, and the two franchises weren't that similar in any case, despite being considered to be competing with each other for the top spot in the survival horror genre.

As you know, RE later adapted to being an action series to great acclaim and got back on form last year with a new approach to horror, but throughout all the crap they released as well, the series has somehow still maintained a strong, highly opinionated fan base.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Deputy So & So View Post
    I never finished this. I made it to the last boss and was out of just about everything.
    Finished it, but like you I was outta lead early on into the boss fight. Luckily pistol ammo regenerated all around - at least enough of it did to be able to finish the boss off. Didn't care for that boss fight TBH, and it definitely went on much longer than expected.

side note... you can always switch that difficulty to easiest mode if it'll help you at least finish the game by doing so.... providing you wasn't playing on it to begin with.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Solo; 03-30-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    One of the hardest parts at first for me was when the Keeper was in that hotel or office building, and he kept respawning when you killed him. I didn't know at the time you just had to sneak in the other room without touching any traps and keep quiet until he leaves. Saves you a lot of hassle.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 101
    I never even made it more than twenty minutes into the first one. I kept getting killed by the big butcher guy/monster/thing before I could escape. Got so frustrated I chucked the game into my limbo drawer (the bottom drawer of my desk-side stand that I toss shit like empty ink pens and other things I have no use for). I keep wanting to give it another try, but...do you remember this commercial?

That's me, trying to play the first Evil Within.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon of the Dead View Post
    I never even made it more than twenty minutes into the first one. I kept getting killed by the big butcher guy/monster/thing before I could escape. Got so frustrated I chucked the game into my limbo drawer
    Dig into that limbo drawer - wipe the ethereal dust off that disc, and play that mug. You're missing out on a pretty good, tension filled game.
    Is it easy? No. Is ammo in high demand and short supply? Definitely. It's a challenging slough to trod through, but entirely winnable.

Having said that I did die 129 times I think.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    I never knew that a pot of hot, freshly brewed caffeine could restore all your health within seconds. Monsters, fear that beverage!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12