This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 35

Thumbs up The Nurse (now part of The Conjuring/Annabelle series)....

I wasn't sure whether to add this in this section, or the short films section. This is probably slightly more mainstream, so I decided I would put it in this category, though.

It only lasts approximately 2 minutes. This was included as part of a competition, that was held recently to unveil a short movie to be included as a part of The Conjuring saga.

What do you think of it? There will be a Mexican and British winner announced soon as well, respectively. I can see these little shorts being included with Annabelle: Creation once it hits home media in late 2017 or maybe even early next year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 320
    Hey, did you know that if any of those short films get chosen for an adaptation to a feature film that WB states that by accepting the contract, that they are not obligated to give the entrant any further compensation than the measly $50 they'd pay for the rights to the idea?

Yeah. Stay classy, Warner Brothers, you back-stabbing, shit-spewing, artist-shaming fucktards.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Toby; 08-18-2017 at 01:26 AM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah. I get that. I read that they could make this into a feature film, but I guess true filmmakers shouldn't sell-out. They'd just be a footnote thereafter!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 107
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    It's fairly well shot and I like the location, but that's about it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I submitted an IMDb.com entry for it today, but in general, the staff running IMDb.com tried to piss me off, because they've added my submissions before, then took stuff off saying it was not verifiable. Like i.e. I had added uncredited parts for Sylvester Stallone which they later deleted (I ranted on there over unfair that was).

Be happy with what you have in life, though. They'll win if they know things like this gets to you.

Last edited by Ex-Deputy So & So; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:36 PM.

diz mutha F'er got BANNED!!!
    Pain

Status
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    I won't lie to you. censorship exists everywhere and frankly it is more on imdb.
    been there once, but never was peculiar to post or review anything, considering all the users complaining about how bad it was they were getting banned for no shit at all.
    If you have patience, make a own blog and write reviews without worries for any censorship.
    i am keen myself to have a blog or site someday, but it is not easy maintaining and handling the shit anyway.
    So have withheld the plans for time being.
    Let's see about in future.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Smile

They know it annoys me. They just say to suck it up and get a life. Sylvester Stallone has a unique hair color, so anybody can tell it is him when he shows up in any film.

I know they aren't really allowed to put people on the database if they are in a scene as an uncredited blurry blob, but I could recognize him in some of these films, so they might have been eligible for putting on his filmography. I'm sure I was (most likely) the first fan in history to have openly found him in all these movies.

The only one they added that hasn't yet been deleted is Pigeons, yet they deleted Klute, and that was on his page for years. But they removed it after I pointed out their policy about "background actors" having to be recognizable on-screen, after I ranted at them on their support forums for allowing some credits, but removing other ones. I'm not questioning their terms and conditions per se, but it's rather stupid how I successfully added the credits before, then they erased them.

You cannot really see him in Klute. He was supposed to be an extra in the nightclub scene, and that was included on his page at IMDb for years. Yet in ones like Downhill Racer, you can see that it is him. That film isn't listed in any book or website pre-2015 (when I found him and others mentioned my discovery), and other than a September 1970 theater book on Stallone Zone, I don't think anybody really knew he was in the film. So I showed the scan of the page to IMDb.com staff, and no. It still wasn't good enough. This is the scene in question, but it did not come out in full HD when I saved the clip. I'm sure some HD movie sites out there have better quality. Even still. You can tell it's him a mile away.

Take a look at this scene for example. Stallone admitted to Elliott Gould he rarely confesses to being an extra in any film, yet he admitted he was in MASH. Based on what little clues I got from Gould's wording in some online interview I found, I happened to see him in this scene briefly. He's the guy in the middle pouring into a cup. You only see him for about a second. Now perhaps as it's hard to see him clearly, something like that would have to remain omitted. OK?

Stallone also did an interview where he said he did extras work in 1971 and seen Ryan O'Neal spar with Joe Frazier. That got me thinking: Maybe Stallone was in a movie with this actor. So I looked up films with this actor. I'm aware that Stallone alternated between working in California and New York at times. So anyway, I saw a guy who looks suspiciously like Stallone in this film, called What's Up, Doc? which was released in March of 1972, but was made months prior to its release in 1971. If you look rather carefully, you can see a man who looks like him walking past on the right side. Wait until Barbra Streisand puts the telephone down. I've added it to Wikipedia for now. But meh. We may never know for certain, huh?

Let me know your thoughts...

+ Reply to Thread