Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 52

Vegas Mass Shooting......

Its been a while since we had a mass shooting in the news (in the news... we've still been having them) and this one seems to be the icing on the cake. If we had a sane president he might enforce some kind of proper legislation on ownership, but we don't and nothing will be done. This simply sets a new marker for the next guy.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 217
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    enforce some kind of proper legislation on ownership
    sadly this will not stop anything. You can enforce all you want. Guns can and will always be obtainable regardless of any law you put against them. Most drugs are illegal...do you see drug free streets? This is just a result of someone who clearly is not right in the head. You can do all you want but there is no prepping for shit like this. The fact it can happen at any moment is scary and makes it difficult to prevent.

My prayers go out to all of those effected by this horrible event.

That statement above is NOT at all a pro Trump statement. Just the sad truth.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 192
    Sorry no need for citizens to own automatic weapons of any sort, and should have strict laws on them. The NRA is too powerful, and owns damn near all politicians, so things like this will continue no matter who is in office. It's actually up to congress to make a stand, but we all know we'll condemn this mass shooting and do absolutely nothing about it.

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 219
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    So there's a few steps that we need to look at in this whole gun debate but let's just focus on mass shootings exclusively:

1. There are mass shootings in the US. Do we as a nation want to do anything to lessen or eliminate them?
    There are some that want to do nothing and chalk up mass shootings as a "necessary evil". Convincing these people that any sort of action is required on a federal level is a task unto itself. "It's just going to happen anyway so why bother?" "No changes would have prevented this so why change?"

2. Let's say we as a nation decide we want to do something to lessen or help eliminate these mass shootings. Instead of a knee jerk reaction I'm sure we all would want to take well educated steps to find the best solution. This involves research. Research costs money. The NRA and other advocate groups rally against any sort of research into the prevention of gun violence (whether the cause is determined to be mental health issues, religious or political beliefs, education, social-economic status, access to firearms, etc, etc). Just getting accurate research and information on what steps to take are a vast investment of both money and resources.

3. Now the implementation of whatever outcomes of the studies from #2. Here you'll hit a brick wall of ignorance of people saying "it costs too much", "It won't work", "The NRA says it's bad and I blindly follow everything they say.", "my rights! my rights!", etc. This is regardless of the research and evidence found from step 2.

4. The outcome, whether the solution ended up being mental health screenings, more restrictions on a national level to firearms, harsher punishments, or even just stricter enforcement of current regulations, the people of the US will have to decide if they're happy living with the changes.

In reality we haven't even gotten past step 1. Nothing has been done, and nothing will be done on a national level. We've tried doing nothing for decades and oddly enough it hasn't worked. Get your thoughts and prayers all saved up, we'll see you for the next one.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Fools believe bullshit without evaluation. Fools believe bullshit without reason, because they like the story or they want to fit in. Fools believe bullshit that has no scientific basis, or in some cases, directly conflicts with scientific knowledge. But foolishness can be cured. We have all been fools at one time or another, and intelligent people learn from their foolish mistakes and try not to make them again." - Dave Silverman

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishG3nt View Post
    sadly this will not stop anything. You can enforce all you want. Guns can and will always be obtainable regardless of any law you put against them. Most drugs are illegal...do you see drug free streets? This is just a result of someone who clearly is not right in the head. You can do all you want but there is no prepping for shit like this. The fact it can happen at any moment is scary and makes it difficult to prevent.
    Drugs and guns are one of the most fallacious and bad comparisons anyone could make.
    Lets use our own country as an example, most likely a time in your own life.
    The Brady act.
    Did we see these mass shootings when the Brady Act was in place? We saw a few, like 8 in a decade (by world standards this is high, but nothing to the 1 a day average we've hit for five years) but none had the numbers that we've seen since the 04 removal of this act.
    If you don't know exactly what the Brady Act did, it made these military style weapons, silencers, bullet proof vests, extended clips, extra parts to alter fire rates, etc. illegal under federal law. As a result if you wanted an AR-15 and could not get federal approval, you were paying about 15 grand and going through a string of criminals in the black market. In fact i knew someone in like 98 who bought an AK and it cost them 12 grand, not the 300 dollar pawn shop price right now... or the 400 dollar walmart price for an AR. The point is that even if you want to blame something else like mental disorders, which is an issue but a rather stupid one to focus on during these times. You cannot say with one ounce of honesty that we would see the same number of people killed in these incidents if these laws were in place.
    We can also see the same thing with the countries who do allow for firearms but have restrictions on these absurd things that no private citizen should have. I mean.... do you really think its just a coincidence that America is the only first world nation that has this problem? That our best comparative nations on this topic are third world countries currently at war? How does someone come up with these rationals? How do you excuse that the rest of the world follows this trend of being able to not have these problems, and we were able to do so before until the last 13 years, and some how rationalize that this is a problem that we cannot move toward a solution to?

I know a lot of people want to make these silly excuses that nothing would change if we do a better job of regulating firearms, but reality is knocking and telling you that you're wrong.... the facts are in... theyve been in... and they continue to hold steady with zero contradicting data. Its not difficult to prevent, we did it for decades and other countries for longer.... so where is the reality in the statement "we cannot do anything about it" or "this will not stop anything" when we literally have a world of evidence that says the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishG3nt View Post
    My prayers go out to all of those effected by this horrible event.
    How about instead of doing the least productive thing you could imagine and talking to imaginary beings in our heads, we do something to prevent this from happening again?

We have real world problems to solve and we know, unquestionably, 100% how to solve them or at least go in the direction of a solution and we cant have this bullshit attitude of "welp, nothing we can do, lets pray" if this is your attitude, go live with ISIS. They'd love to have more people who think prayer and guns are the only solution to world problems.

EDIT: For those of you who decided to thumb down my post, i'd rather you explain how i am factually wrong, if you can present some kind of objective data that competes with the objective data i can give to say that this mentality is complete fiction,
    I already know how many people feel on this subject, but no one cares about your feels when we have this real world problem to solve.

-4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by bravenewworld1; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:45 PM.

To Dazzling Darkness
    Why is it always just like
    this?

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 102
    They found more than forty guns at this guy's house. Having a firearm and some bullets to protect yourself and your family is one thing, but owning that many guns should warrant some additional collector's license or something, with periodic psychiatric evaluation. You could be the sanest person at the time of your purchase, but then suffer mental deterioration over the course of just a few months. Dude was 64, so I'm thinking maybe dementia or some other form of mental illness.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=956_1507066205

2001-2014 America has accumulated 440,095 deaths by firearms.
    In the Vietnam war 58,220 Americans were killed.
    In the Civil War it was roughly 600,000.
    In the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined we've lost about 7000 Americans.
    So 14 years of living in America is like... 80% equivalent to living during the Civil War or about 90 Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Australia basically solved their gun problems with ownership reform and in 20 years has not had one mass shooting since with a 70% decrease in firearm homicides (and almost 50% homicide decrease).
    Switzerland, 80% of the population owns a firearm but they are properly regulated and uhh.... well we all know how rare gun crime is for them.
    Englands gun crime nearly vanished when they heavily regulated firearms.
    Canada.......Japan.........China.......NZ......Finland. ..... the list goes on and on.

...... Are we really still playing the ignorance card of "we cant do anything"? We really cant stop or even at least try to come up with a solution, to us living in a country that stacks up more bodies due to guns than war zones? I feel like at this point the only response i should give is "Remember, you never go full retard".

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by bravenewworld1; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:27 PM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    9 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 898
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    Guy in the room next to the gunman said there were multiple shooters

http://cnnoticia.com/hotel-guest-nex...-gunmen-video/

Mr. Hodge, who was staying in room 32134, next door to Stephen Paddock in room 32135, also provided important information when he revealed that a security guard was killed by police.“My floor is a crime scene. They killed a security guard on my floor.” Who was the “security guard” who was killed by police? Wendy Miller from Cooroy, on the Sunshine Coast – another Australian caught up in the Las Vegas shooting – may have provided a missing piece of the puzzle. Also speaking to the Courier-Mail, Ms Miller said she was at a bar in the nearby Luxor Hotel with her husband when she saw what she described as a “man of interest” run by. Ms Miller said the man sprinted through her hotel after coming off an escalator from the Mandalay Bay. “The man that they [security] were chasing was wearing a security jacket like them,” she said. Mr Hodge’s eyewitness report of multiple gunmen and a dead security guard, and with Ms Miller’s report of a security guard being chased by authorities, suggest that the mainstream media narrative of the “lone wolf” gunman is not the truth. The fact is that this was an orchestrated, co-ordinated attack by multiple conspirators, and the mainstream media are attempting to cover it up. Two explosive videos provided to Your News Wire have also confirmed there were multiple shooters involved in a co-ordinated attack.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 35
    Just senseless!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    So, im not a fan of Vox but they have been known to do some decent work and this is definitely one of those pieces of good work. They use accurate statistics, proper citations of statistics and studies and keep their opinion out of it, so great job Vox.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    Majestic ruler of scavengers

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add TonyVato on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 6
    Don't really want to speak about this subject too much. I know too many people who have been affected. Knowing that my family left the t-mobile center just about an hour before and drove right past Mandalay Bay definitely scared the shit out of me. The city is coming together and if anything, that is the good that came out of this. #vegasstrong

Last edited by TonyVato; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:22 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 99
    Humanity is in it's infancy...right now.

....borrowed from Gene Roddenberry.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    We're officially a type one society, which means we cant be too young.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Intellectually we are in our infancy.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Meh, that implies we have an evolutionary direction and thats not how the universe works.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    lol...ok

+ Reply to Thread