Status
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

The babysitter 2017 (Netflix original series)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4225622/

I really get a mixed reactions, when horror comedies often end up on my radar. I had been a huge fan of comedy in past, and in the recent times, i have taken a back step and avoided them to most. that being said, even after i ended up seeing this movies promo last time, i was kinda skeptic about to give this a movie a try, well it was because of the director MCG,

Well i have only seen two of his works in past which are Charlies angels full throttle, which was a okay experience, but then came Terminator Salvation, which though critically bad and even from my side to some extent, went on to become a hit and that kinda made me uneasy to check his works from then. So when this movie came onto my radar, i decided fine, lets see what MCG has done this time and frankly am impressed this time, but not wholly and i will explain you shortly anyway.

That being said, this movie is about a kid called Cole, who is afraid of needles, is often bullied at school and gets a babysitter called Bee, to look after him. Bee is sweet,protective of Cole and somehow Cole likes her and is attracted to her to some extent. but deep down, he really likes his next door neighbor Melanie,who has a overprotective father, who is divorced and loves his car more than his wife who he has been divorced by her.

Cole's parents love him and always motivate him to be stronger too, Cole's dad wants him to learn driving a car, even though he is a kid and he is somewhat reluctant with that idea anyway. Anyway moving on, His parents plan a vacation without him, leaving Cole in charge of Bee, who is really happy to be with him, and once they leave, they both watch movies and eat food the usual jolly good stuff the kids do right, when they are home alone with babysitter eh?

Well its night time, time for Cole to sleep, and Bee suggests Cole to drink some wine to unwind so he can sleep peacefully. making excuses to get drink for her, he throws the wine in the tree in the house, fooling Bee to believe that he indeed had the wine and goes to bed and texts Melanie, who suggests that Bee is up to an orgy, which Cole doesn't know what it means, but googles it out to find it, and sneaks up from his bedroom to find out what bee is up to.

but the truth is different anyway. Bee is with her friends and shit happens, and Cole watches it, Bee heads back to his room for some stuff (its weird shit, but fun anyway) and heads back to room watching Cole make a escape and grabs him and ties him to a chair and reveals her plan. Cole makes a stupid move earlier and calls the cop who arrive during the interrogation of Cole and they get killed and he makes a escape and everyone tries to find him. Will Cole be able to survive this? and most importantly who really is Bee and what is her secret? well watch it to find out anyway.

I must say, the two central characters Cole and Bee totally fit in their characters. While Cole looks and sounds like a fuss, he eventually matures as things progress up anyway, while Bee happens to look like a sweet, but deadly character as things progress up, so it was kind of fun thing not to miss out for. That being said, others are equally good as well,even though they have short duration in the movie and special mention goes to Melanie, his next door neighbor,who ends up motivating him to fight back Bee even though he is just a kid.

The effects are pretty good to some extent, but in some cases, they look bad enough but the humor theme and dialogues pretty much make this look like a miss factor to look out for anyway. The songs are catchy and fit the movie, and its got too much sexual reference and sexual tone humor, so somehow it turned me off to some extent anyway.

That being said,if you wanna watch comedy with a difference, look no further, this might make you chuckle to some extent.

On the scale of 10, this gets 6.5

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Pain2all; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:07 AM.

diz mutha F'er got BANNED!!!
    Pain

Status
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    I loved this movie. I went in expectation free and was HUGELY entertained. The production values are very polished, the actors are all great in their roles, and the humor was spot on (humor is a subjective thing, but it was 100% in my ballpark).

I loved all the tongue-in-cheek jabs at pop culture and sexism. I loved the sentimentality of the main relationship between the boy and his super hot babysitter, and how that plays out, neg to pos to neg, through the film. The guy trying to teach the kid how to be macho while also trying to kill him.

I'd give this a 8/10. Really so much better than any horror comedy I've seen in awhile.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 90
    Decent watch with a few funny bits.

"I have been toying with a notion... that if one could find the perfect arrangement of all objects in any particular space it could create a resonance;
    benefits from which to the individual dwelling in that space could be extensive - could be far reaching... far reaching."

---- - Genius from the mind of Benjamin Horne

Rotting Zealot
    death to film snobs!

Status
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    Huge fan right here. I knew nothing about it until I saw some FB friends mentioning it. Gave it a watch and absolutely adored it. Great cast, great gore and funny as hell.

McG...I was never a fan of yours until now.

Last edited by MisterTwister; 6 Days Ago at 07:00 PM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    #WalkingDead

Status
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Follow DarkSuperman On Twitter Add DarkSuperman on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 13
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID DarkSuperman87
    I'll have to give this one a watch this week!

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to live within the hell of the abyss, but those who choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us"

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 557
    Given: 109
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSuperman View Post
    I'll have to give this one a watch this week!

+ Reply to Thread