Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

I still need to see the latest Thor, so I may be a little confused by certain aspects, but this looks good so far:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-16-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 124
    I think this is the dame trailer shown at comic con that was leaked months ago. Movie looks epic, nice seeing it in high def

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    20 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Now that Guardians has officially joined The Avengers franchise am I the only one who thinks Peter Quill/Starlord is now the best character overall???? I do love me some Loki though!

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re

Holy.Fucking.Shit

I'm not a fan of the last two Avengers films really, but this looks badass

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I'm officially putting myself into a self imposed Avengers media lock-down. I wont watch this trailer or any future ones till it's out. I've been watching all the MCU movies in order with my GF anticipating this one.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    20 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    This looks totally insane! Also, this looks to be some of the most impressive CGI I have ever seen.
    IMAX all the way with this one!

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 101
    Since the day this movie was first announced, I've been hoping they would homage that great moment from the first Infinity Gauntlet series where Cap defiantly walks right up to Thanos and gets in his face. I don't know if we'll get that specific moment, but the one they gave us at the end of this new trailer gave me goosebumps -- and I don't get goosebumps. Totally psyched for this.

Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 03-16-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Im so done with Marvel stuff.
    One of the Marvel movies/shows i actually really liked was Jessica Jones, but im so done with Marvel stuff i cant even do the second season.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon of the Dead View Post
    Since the day this movie was first announced, I've been hoping they would homage that great moment from the first Infinity Gauntlet series where Cap defiantly walks right up to Thanos and gets in his face. I don't know if we'll get that specific moment, but the one they gave us at the end of this new trailer gave me goosebumps -- and I don't get goosebumps. Totally psyched for this.

With this thing being in two parts; part 1 May 4,2018 and Part 2 May 3, 2019 it is entirely possible that it'll be covered.

Last edited by Necromancer; 04-15-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Thinking of going to this tonight. $6 is well worth the price of admission

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    With this thing being in two parts; part 1 May 4,2018 and Part 2 May 3, 2019 it is entirely possible that it'll be covered.
    I heard something that the whole two part thing was scrapped. I think it was boiled down to one movie, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, seeing this tomorrow morning!

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    I heard something that the whole two part thing was scrapped. I think it was boiled down to one movie, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, seeing this tomorrow morning!
    They could go either way with this, but I'm thinking they want to do a sequel to this story arc. Box office returns won't give them a choice.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 101
    Saw this last night. It has its flaws, mostly in what at times feels like some rushed plotting, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it. Brolin is excellent as Thanos (unlike the comics, he's not just a demented nihilist, he actually believes what he's doing is for good of the universe) and the mo-cap and CGI capture every little flicker of nuance and emotion that crosses his face. Seriously, I could watch an entire movie consisting solely of Thanos' head, they do that great a job with it. I'll avoid spoilers (of course) but suffice to say, when Gamora comments at one point that with the gauntlet Thanos could kill off half the universe with a snap of his fingers, she's not exaggerating. And let me tell ya, the Gauntlet isn't picky at all about who it spares and who it wipes out. Also, there are a number of cameos, none of which I'm going to spoil here.

Well, okay, just this one because I can't help myself...

Spoiler...
    RED FREAKIN' SKULL!!! Skull's always been one of my favorite villains and I enjoyed the hell out of Hugo Weaving's performance in TFA, so seeing him again brought a massive smile to my face. But it was bittersweet; I loved seeing the character return, but it wasn't Hugo Weaving playing him. It was Ross Marquand, aka Aaron from The Walking Dead. And while they did a good job making the face look like Weaving in TFA, Marquand missed Weaving's Werner Herzog-inspired accent by a country mile. Oddly, when the character first appears, I actually thought it was Lady Death. You'll see what I mean when you watch it.

My only real complaints aside from the plotting are that, while there is plenty of humor, some of the jokes fall flat. And as there are at least triple the amount of characters here than were in Civil War, there simply isn't enough screen time to fully service them all (which ties in to my comment about the plotting feeling rushed). That said, when the movie does decide to get deep or dark or emotional, it really leans into it. The ending in particular had me choke up a couple of times.

Overall, this is solid entertainment and I doubt MCU fans will be disappointed. Top-notch effects, massive set-pieces, and the Russos thankfully have no problem going full-on comic book, delivering scenes and images that old-school nerds like me who grew upon comics thought we would never see on a movie screen. It goes without saying all the performers have their characters down pat, and the Russos' vibrant visual style is on full display. As for whether or not Avengers 4 will be a continuation, considering how this movie ends and knowing what MCU movies are on the slate between now and when Avengers 4 comes out next year, it pretty much HAS to be. 7/10

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 04-27-2018 at 05:09 AM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I'd give this a solid 9/10.

My main problem with it was that most of the characters are really bland. I couldn't give any sort of shit about Captain America, Black Widow, Scarlett Witch, Vision, or Winter Soldier. Don't get me started on the super bland and by the numbers Black Panther characters.

Even Peter Quill in this was a little TOO shmoozy with Gamora. The love interests in here were just eh.

But everything else was pretty stellar. Brolin definitely stole the show here and that ending was incredible. I would say that this is Marvel's best film. I could get into more detail about what I liked, but I would say just see the movie.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Yah know, im just so marvel'd out at this point and have next to zero interest in these movies anymore.
    I still have yet to watch age of ultron, GOTG 2, the last XMen, even the new Jessica Jones (even though i thought the first season was amazing) i have yet to watch... well, get passed the second episode.
    And with the Infinity Gauntlet series, we know how it ends and we know there is nothing at stake, so there is no drama or tension.
    Spoiler...
    Time reverts, no one dies

That said, if they are going this route of trilogies or beyond, why cant we get an Age of Apocalypse movie?

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-27-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Pretty much the samething DC did with the Bloodlines story arc.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I'll probably give my thoughts in a more detailed manner later but spoiler-free thoughts:

This maybe the "biggest" movie I've ever seen. There is sooooo much going on it is insane that the film didn't end up a complete mess. There's like 20 or so heroes, like 4 or 5 storylines, 10 or more locations (and many different worlds)...and it fucking works...I can't believe it. Just for being able to pull this off the Russo Bros are genius level filmmakers. Also, the blending of tones from the jokey GotG to the serious down to earth Black Panther all works as well.

This movie could easily have been a disaster and it's actually damn good.

With maybe the greatest cast ever assembled in a film, with some of the most iconic characters to change the cinema (and culture in general) the most fucking amazing part of the movie is that the best part is honestly Thanos. They made Thanos the star of the movie, explained his background (different from the comics in a good way) gave him actual motivation, and layers of depth. He's not just a one-note "ugh I'll blow up the universe for ultimate power" bad guy. He's well done and has more than one moment when the audience actually feels for him. Brollin also does a fantastic job in portraying a giant muscle bound grape. Going into the movie I said the success of this is going to be hinged on whether Thanos works or not, and goddamn they made the best villain in the MCU.

That being said, it's kind of tough to talk about the movie without spoiling it, but to get the most out of this having watch all the other MCU movies really helps. I'll try to give a list of them that you need for the story but really getting them all under your belt is fun as you get to see the characters grow and interact.

At a minimum here are the must-see MCU (story-wise not in terms of quality) for IW:
    1. Avengers
    2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Avengers Age of Ultron
    5. Captain America Civil War
    6. Thor Ragnarok
    7. Black Panther
    8. Avengers Infinity War

(another to add in would be Doctor Strange...it's not completely necessary as all you have to know is he's a wizard and has one of the infinity stones)

Ragnarok and Civil War are required as it sets up why the characters are where they are and their current opinions of every other character before Infinity War.

Of course as I said watching them all is best but not everyone has the time.

Edit: I forgot to give a rating and it's tough to be objective but being a fan of the series for a decade and to see this HUGE spectacle is just too much for me to not be impressed I know there's probably some flaws I'm not seeing yet or I'm overlooking so I'll knock a point off of my "fanboy" score to account for my initial giddiness.

8/10

Last edited by strtfghtr; 04-29-2018 at 08:42 AM.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    $630 million world wide breaks all records.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-16-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 124
    After the things I have read and knowing the ending I have no desire to really pay to see this in the theater and onlh watch part of the film. Stop splitting stories in half! Months ago Marvel said that Avengers 4 would be something different and this is why they were removing part one from the title. I know the cliffhanger and it's a bullcrap way to e d the film.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast