Given: 167

James Quinn Filmmaker Avant-garde

The flesh prevaileth.

Film director at Flesh of the Void
    Writer/Director/Producer at Sodom & Chimera Productions
    Film director at Trinity of Decay
    Film director at The Law of Sodom
    Lives in Linz, Austria

When visual filth meets physical beauty, a paradox is created. The filth becomes more filthy, the beauty more beautiful. Both go their ways, but in opposite directions, creating a tension that makes you look at it more closely. You observe, and come to the conclusion that the filth is in fact non-existent. It's aesthetics in disguise.

If you feel like praying for people who were shot in a church, you're an absolute fucking moronic cunt. This is exactly the time to throw your crucifix out the window and actually start thinking and acting, striving to solve problems instead of kneeling down and fearfully sending your superficial wishes to an all mighty being you believe is sitting up in heaven and hoping he/she is magically going to solve your problems. Hell, the people who were killed were certainly praying too at that exact moment. Doesn't that tell you anything?

James Quinn
    November 5 at 11:39pm ·
    Check out this article, for which Waylon Jordan from iHorror did an interview with me. This is the most personal interview I've ever had, I completely opened up, and instead of just talking about the technical aspects of my work, we also covered a lot of very, very personal themes, things I barely ever tell anyone. I really, immensely appreciate this opportunity to say all of these things. It's the most honest thing anyone has ever written about me, and I'm insanely glad I got to do this. Thank you, iHorror and Waylon Jordan.

http://ihorror.com/james-quinns-horr...ological-pain/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by woodenheart; 10-09-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360

This might be my favorite photo I've ever taken. It really was a matter of being at the right place at the right time, and hitting the shutter at the exact right moment, in a matter of seconds, and getting this bizarre encounter of a cat and chicken in the middle of a snowstorm on camera. Shooting it on 35mm made it a bit more stressful, since I had to be extremely quick with getting the exposure and focus right. What came out really blew me away though, visually. I usually always try to tell stories with my photography, and they're usually very suggestive, but this one is far beyond that. I'm going to leave it open how this actually came to happen, and what the exact story behind it is. That's the whole beauty of this photo to me. It weirdly gets your thoughts going.

Also, it's photos like this one that are the reason why I only shoot film anymore. Really nicely demonstrates the qualities of 35mm.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up

Last edited by woodenheart; 01-10-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    15 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Take note Rob Zombie thread posters..

James Quinn
    4 hrs ·
    I keep seeing people trying to explain to others why something they think is good, or bad, (a movie, song, band or book, you know, art) is actually the opposite, and why they shouldn't or should like it. This also not only applies to art, but trivial (and I'm talking strictly about trivial ones) opinions in general. People, before you go out trying to be right about something, think about this: You're one of 7,6 billion people on a floating rock in space. Technically, it neither matters that you think differently about something than someone else does (talking about the trivial things, I have to mention this again), nor is the thought that your opinion is more correct than those of others anything else but destructively solipsistic. You're creating a problem for yourself that's not there. Life is a lot easier if you abandon the compulsive thought that there's such a thing as objectivity. Think about what that means. It's good that our opinions are so subjective and unique. Otherwise we'd all be the same. Be happy that someone else dislikes something you really like, or loves something you dislike. Maybe even hear them out. It doesn't mean you have to agree. It makes us what we are, individuals. And it still doesn't interfere with your ability of liking, or disliking things. Or even being right. Because to yourself, it may still be true. Just accept that, like I said, on a planet with 7,6 billion beings, you can't always be the wisest one.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 101
    "Solipsistic." Great word which, while you may not hear it every day, you certainly see in action every day, especially if you have access to the internet and/or Millennials.

Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 02-03-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenheart View Post
    Take note Rob Zombie thread posters..

James Quinn
    4 hrs ·
    I keep seeing people trying to explain to others why something they think is good, or bad, (a movie, song, band or book, you know, art) is actually the opposite, and why they shouldn't or should like it. This also not only applies to art, but trivial (and I'm talking strictly about trivial ones) opinions in general. People, before you go out trying to be right about something, think about this: You're one of 7,6 billion people on a floating rock in space. Technically, it neither matters that you think differently about something than someone else does (talking about the trivial things, I have to mention this again), nor is the thought that your opinion is more correct than those of others anything else but destructively solipsistic. You're creating a problem for yourself that's not there. Life is a lot easier if you abandon the compulsive thought that there's such a thing as objectivity. Think about what that means. It's good that our opinions are so subjective and unique. Otherwise we'd all be the same. Be happy that someone else dislikes something you really like, or loves something you dislike. Maybe even hear them out. It doesn't mean you have to agree. It makes us what we are, individuals. And it still doesn't interfere with your ability of liking, or disliking things. Or even being right. Because to yourself, it may still be true. Just accept that, like I said, on a planet with 7,6 billion beings, you can't always be the wisest one.

+ Reply to Thread