Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 262
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

Thumbs down Some asshole in Edinburgh tried to rip me off!

A douche bag called Richard Bodsworth (although calling himself Richard James on Apple) had a page for crowdfunding a short film in Edinburgh, on a site named Indiegogo, that is similar to Kickstarter. You basically get "perks" if you donate money, but it lacks consumer protection. He had a bit on the perk page for his film Glitch saying if you pay £200, you get to be an extra. Well, paying that amount of cash just to be an extra seemed like a gamble, but I'm not really the type to put accusations over artistic quality. If it meant I got a bit of screen-time, hell, why not? However, the film was shot between August and September...without me!

For some reason, he shot his film without filling me into anything at all, and after much excuses and deliberation from this tit, I had to ask for a refund, which he gladly granted. I'm not sure if some things I admitted to in my initial emails put him off. The dude was clearly lying after so long, as there was loads of tweets about it being in post-production with the crew celebrating, and stuff, yet he insisted there was editing trouble and then he made other excuses. When he realized I knew he was fobbing me off, he claimed he had a 'scene written for me' (likely more of his bullshit), and that he would cut it out over my accusations, but these were founded accusations, and all he did was try to guilt-trip me. He changed the entry on IMDb.com for the film from completed back to post-production, and claims he never knew who edited that page anyway, but it's his film, and there wasn't that many crew working on it either. He also claims my £200 was originally submitted just as a donation (like, WTF?) and that it was a "generous" offer, and so he switched it to a perk.

Right...

It's lying jerks like him that dishearten me. I'm trying very hard to get roles in movies, despite having mild autism and anxiety holding me back, and the last thing I should be doing is letting strangers know about my problems with my old support workers. I've not had decent support in a long time anyhow, due to a court ordeal where I was accused of X, Y and Z, just for having feelings for my key worker. The workers I have had since losing that long term service were either useless, or I suspect social services were using them as their stool pigeons for this guy who was supervising me. They even sent me a guy from a nursing home, and he was just a total moron. Now I'm due to move into a new flat soon. They are suddenly being all nice and offering me limited support, but I believe it's because they want to go probing into my business (as I'd be living there alone, and they surely don't like that idea, giving my history). Even the police think I should be getting support, but I don't trust social workers at all.

Four siblings just died in an arson attack that could have been prevented had social services not been morons when their mother requested to move away, and my sister's ex partner recently committed suicide after being hounded by them for years. So why trust people like that? Plus, I even offered to pay for my own support a while back, without a social worker calling the shots, but they were having none of that, because they obviously want a higher power keeping an eye on things. The last 2 or so years has been a write-off in the acting department due to getting slandered and being unable to go to shoots by myself. Other than a few bit parts in feature films, and a web series nobody cares about, nothing has really went well for me. 2018 will probably be a pile of crap like any other year.

I've also been well warned not to trust support workers either, as many of them are idiots just doing a lousy job to pay their bills. The whole point of me getting my own flat (non supported) is to get away from all these jerks that have screwed up my life. My anxiety is pretty bad now, too. I've not really got much confidence any more, but if I take my sister to the shooting locations for films, she immediately starts blabbing a pile of personal stories about a custody case to do with her kids.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    That sucks, stuff like this is why I rarely trust crowdfunding campaigns

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 228
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    That's no true Scotsman.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

Unhappy

I got abused by a support worker, several years ago. I had a male worker around the time I was working with my first ever key worker, who is an older woman. This was after I got a diagnosis of PDD-NOS in 2007 (I think PDD-NOS is still classed as autism). So it's clear that people like that film director are just preying on my vulnerable status. To be honest, I sometimes hate being referred to as a vulnerable adult, but I guess it's true to an extent. People with autism are often seen as easy targets, which is why they're easily scammed by people that don't care about them as a person.

Anyway, I kept rabbiting on about how I missed this skank I knew from 2005. And she was a skank, but she was also my first and pretty much only ex (well, I dated one other girl for a week once). She got back with me in 2012 after I found her on Facebook. This was only to use me. For example, I was left to pay up an iPod, that she also damaged. She kept being horrible to me, then occasionally she was okay with me. Well, a year after this nonsense began, I got us a PS3 because she was acting decent, and she took it home. She left me to pay it up myself. Then a year later, she started her crap again when she asked me to meet her someplace, and she wasn't there.

Well, this guy who supported me was obviously told about my infatuation with her from my key worker, long before I found her again. I mean, workers do tell each other things about clients they will soon be having support shifts with. Then he just took the piss, for over 2 years. At the time, I put all these ads concerning my ex on Gumtree. You cannot put ads like this there now because they have different rules now, but you could do it back then. So anyway, I had this guy replying to my 'desperately seeking' ads with a false name, being an idiot. He also started putting his real name in the messages too, to let me know it was him. He called himself Bruce, but his real name is Patrick. He sent me emails about my taste in music from time to time, thinking he was being funny, and he also compared me to a dead wrestler called Eddie Guerrero (he actually said I should kill myself over being "gay" like him). Then finally, we went to a snooker hall in the summer of 2010 with my mate present, just before he left his job, and he revealed the same sort of remarks. He is way older than me, but he did not act professional. When we met up once years later, to mend ties, he didn't show any signs of improvement.

Then about 3 years ago, I went to jail because I started sending abusive emails to a few women that supported me. They told management they did not feel comfortable working with me, as they knew I liked them. After they were removed, the idiots in charge kept saying they were still my workers, when it wasn't true. When their lying caused me to get more and more angry, they tried to say my outbursts was what got them removed, when this is bullshit and false. While I did get to apologize to them in a room once, it ate away at me that I had them taken off my support rota. My former key worker (not the older lady) is a Spanish woman, and very pretty. She was nice when she first worked with me, but people (such as her fellow support workers and a service user) gossiped about me, then she turned venomous over it. It was like an entity had "stolen" the real her and replaced her with this bitch. The court remanded me in jail between hearings many times for breaching no contact orders, when I never actually said anything out of line.

2 years ago, I was sent to a prison in Glasgow because they had room in their protection wing, unlike my local jail. They only told me that morning I was going there. It's quite ridiculous, and my mother was shocked. Apart from being disappointed by the company, I got fooled into ending my tenancy with their accommodation, and have been with my family ever since. But soon, I'm getting a flat of my own. It needs to be painted first before I can move in.

Obluda
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 239
    Well, to be honest, even if it was legitimate, crowdfunding for a SHORT film is kind of a lost cause. You'll never see that money again. No offense to anyone here who is trying to do that for their own project, but short films are pretty poor investments, unless they serve to give that sliver of exposure to the filmmakers who put them out there at festivals and film programs, and perhaps the actors who put on remarkable performances. Or, of course, to raise awareness about issues and whatnot. At the very least, it's something to add to one's resume or demo reel. But being an extra on a short film? Don't expect anything at all. If I were you, I would've just passed. At least aim for an indie movie or a pilot.

Earlier this year I was supposed to be an assistant director on a short film. The director had done crowdfunding and successfully raised almost $7,000 for it through Kickstarter. It was looking really good, but then I was replaced because I missed a couple of production meetings due to my day job. I accepted it and sorta just moved on. Boy, when I caught up with one of the dudes who worked on the film, he told me it was chaos on set because the director apparently couldn't really articulate her vision with the rest of the crew and then got frustrated with people and even fired some mid-shoot. He told me that it was unlikely we'd even see a cohesive rough cut. So, it's looking like all those people who believed in this little project and invested whatever amount of money will get absolutely nothing out of it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

Thumbs down

That sucks, mate. But earlier this year, I paid £70 to be in a short film. It was supposed to be called Flight, but they changed its name to Waves Crash. When I asked the producer about it on Facebook, she blocked me for messaging her "private account." Then finally, the director linked me to a password protected cut on Vimeo after I made a fuss about not receiving the agreed perk, but she told me not to share it with anyone. But all you see is the back of my head for a split second in a tunnel, although I'm credited as an extra. Aw.

I was a bar extra in a web series called Judas Goat many years ago, but again, you need not blink. They didn't put my name in the credits for the first episode on Vimeo, because I messaged the director too late. He asked who I was, and I said I was an extra, and then he credited me in 2-5. So IMDb.com has me uncredited in the only episode I show up in, but I'm "credit only" for the other 4 episodes, and credited in the version on Steam as well. Uh! Once, I messaged the star of the series to tell him about my personal issues last year. He told me to avoid StarNow and stick to doing amateur theater work as it's a harsh world out there for novices. He also confirmed he would delete his Facebook acting page. But I think he did it to get away from me. However, his message was at least honest, and that's good.

Last year, I was a zombie in a film called Redcon-1 with an actor called Mark Strange. The people I met there were arseholes. I got deleted on Facebook by lots of people, too, due to a PA being friends with them. When I left the location, the restroom in the museum nearby was closed. From that mine, I had to get a bus back home through a busy city looking like death. Can you imagine how embarrassing that was? Then I made a stink about these people online, and one actress I sent tweets to started getting me blackballed by other film producers. Her name is Nicolette McKeown, and she's an A grade tart. I'm not sure if she still does it, but I lost out on parts in two feature films because she private messaged people about me. She contacted this German guy called Tim Fraser-Granados, and I think Magnus Wake as well.

I was in a short film called Night Closes this year. I have a non speaking part as a ghost tourist at Edinburgh Castle. When I left a comment on YouTube, the producer erased the video not long after he put it there. He probably didn't like me coming across it. He said he would do a HD version and send it to me, but he never did. Lying jerk off. Fortunately, I saved it, and then the director asked me on Facebook if I added its entry on IMDb ages ago. She clearly doesn't want her film listed on IMDb, because she said she'd work on it some more. That's all crap, as the film was just a short film. You see? All these people do is look out for themselves.

Apart from that, I've been in another feature film about a Chinese student, and a web series I made with my friend in his messy house, where we're supposed to be trapped in hell, until we defeat a demon lord. However, some asshole got his address and was harassing me recently. He was bugging me on forums. Oh, and he was annoying me on Wikipedia too. Linking to my IMDb profile actually attracts a lot of hassle from trolls.

Obluda
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Deputy So & So View Post
    I made a stink about these people online
    Well, what goes around comes around, dude. If you talk shit about people in the industry, they're gonna retaliate somehow. They may not talk shit back, but they'll likely tell peers to keep their distance from you. And naming names like you're doing doesn't help either. If you don't CARE about working with them or the people they are or may soon be associated with, then I guess you're free to say whatever you want. But of course they're gonna look out for themselves and those who are trying to properly promote their project. They kinda have to.

Film projects with low budgets are definitely gonna have tough working conditions on set. Don't expect to be pampered, especially when you're just an extra.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    Quote Originally Posted by RustedChainsaw View Post
    Well, what goes around comes around, dude. If you talk shit about people in the industry, they're gonna retaliate somehow. They may not talk shit back, but they'll likely tell peers to keep their distance from you. And naming names like you're doing doesn't help either. If you don't CARE about working with them or the people they are or may soon be associated with, then I guess you're free to say whatever you want. But of course they're gonna look out for themselves and those who are trying to properly promote their project. They kinda have to.

Film projects with low budgets are definitely gonna have tough working conditions on set. Don't expect to be pampered, especially when you're just an extra.
    I've never been in a film of even on set but even I hear talks of who to work/not work with just knowing and talking to filmmakers. News gets around and fast which is nice if there is a serious issue but not so much if you are just having a shit day.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    * First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

Well, I wasn't really trying to gossip about anybody. I just told a couple I met that day at the mine, that a PA had a quarrel with a woman I used to chat to on Facebook, over a ticket to a Walker Stalker Con, and they actually know the PA from another film. I've never met the woman I mentioned anyway, but we exchanged messages on Facebook in the past due to being members of the same extras group, and there was apparently some beef with her and the PA, because she's in the zombie film too. All I know is that something went on between them, which had zero to do with me. So the guy went away, probably to call the PA, as he said he was going to make a phone-call after giving me a bit of a funny look, right after I briefly mentioned this stuff when we were sitting outside. We had to wait around for a while before they filmed anything that day. The guy didn't really say anything to me afterwards, although they did moan about me trying to credit them on IMDb (I was too tired to go back the next day, but then I got a nasty reception on Facebook). But like you say, it seems to be taken out of context when I (slightly) mention people without thinking of the consequences, and I'm the one who usually ends up feeling like a square peg in a round hole over it. Although this was poor judgment on my part, I didn't think I was saying anything out of line.

When I told my social worker 2 years ago that I wanted help to join social groups and do extras work, he said financing support for the latter is a waste of their budget. I said it wouldn't be something I'd be doing all the time. However, I have severe anxiety, and felt I couldn't apply for acting roles unless I had someone to go with me to watch over me. It may help to make me feel less nervous. And I mean, it's a hit and a miss when acting work comes up anyway. Ain't it? But by the time he finally found me some support, it just wasn't ideal. It was the same schedule every week, and at the time, I thought the guys I had supporting me were being used as stool pigeons, as my social worker knew I had a supervisor. At the time, I was only allowed to go online using my mother's laptop when a worker was present, so my supervisor could have me by the nuts. That's because I had a CPO, and I was supposed to do what the judge instructed me to do, so my supervisor had me agreeing to a list of things I could do online, at the time. Meaning, I could only use the Internet for certain, benevolent activities we agreed was acceptable. Although I gave up the workers, mainly because their support wasn't flexible. Now, before anyone has a go at me for sounding like a dictator, I know people have lives of their own and cannot always be able to help me. I'm not trying to control them.

Because I have issues with getting feelings for women, I said to my social worker that it was better to just work with guys, and he won't provide females anyway. But then my social worker didn't comply with what I wanted the support for. When I used to get support from a company to do with autism, I didn't really have anybody dictating to me back in those days about what I could do with my 9 hours. The people in charge just wanted to make sure I gave them notice about things, as they couldn't always slot in a shift with short notice. The social worker I had assigned to me 2 years ago can only fund 6 hours, but I wasn't making a fuss about the amount of hours at all, nor do I care about the amount of hours. Unfortunately, the autism company no longer wanted to support me, due to what occurred before. My social worker totally wasted my time. This pissed me off. It's just that he didn't want to agree to provide a "support package" for the activities I want to pursue, so it was a waste of my time to continue to have support shifts with guys I wasn't going to enjoy working with.

After 9 months of calling his office last year and not getting a reply for what was for long enough, he finally found me a caregiver from a nursing home this year, who comes from Morocco. We didn't gel at all. He didn't like going for walks, and he definitely isn't into making films. All he wanted to do was drink coffee in Costa, complain about a cloudy sky and muck about with his phone. He nipped my head, so I quit the support. Even the cops think it was stupid that they gave me a guy from a nursing home. And the cops recently came to my door to ask me about some guy I insulted on Twitter. I've made a thread about him on here before. He was in a well known band, back in the 80's. He pissed me off because he continued to mute me on Twitter after I got out of line once, even after I apologized. My mother said to me that if people don't want to talk to me online, I should just move on.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

Unhappy

Bump!

Normally, I don't bump most threads, but I just wanted to add a bit more details about my situation with my acting pursuits. As I covered in the "I see this is way too long, I'll most likely not be reading that huge rant" above, I do not receive any support. I've got some milder form of autism, called PDD-NOS. You can tell by how I type though that I'm relatively smart.

Anyway, I donated £10 to be an extra in a film on Indiegogo last year. I spoke of a film already, but it wasn't that one. It's something called 'Rewind' and nothing became of it. However, I noticed the director has blocked me on Facebook. Why? I don't even recall messaging her, much, if at all. Does this all not seem a bit screwy? How can I get a refund?

I still feel highly suspicious of people, especially on Facebook. When I ask to be in people's new short films and whatnot, they don't respond right away. I'm checking these acting groups on Facebook pretty much each day as well. If they do respond, I usually almost always get replies about them not needing extras, or these spots are taking, yet that's what the ad (or ads) is concerning. Really? They even say they need as many extras as possible and yet, I don't see any other posts from other users.

I think I'm being blackballed (or slandered) by certain people on there. Read my prior posts if you want to know what I mean. It just seems kind of weird how I see new ads about unpaid work for extras (well, it is mostly just voluntary work) and yet, when I post a public comment or privately message anybody, I get told otherwise. Keep in mind too, that these people are bound to know one another, as it's like a grapevine.

What do you think? Even my mother thinks this has gone on. Although of course, trying to prove that I'm being blacklisted won't be easy. Do you think I ought to just call it quits? I'm beating a dead horse here, ain't I?

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    When most people are looking for extras, they don't want to talk to them, they dont want you to promote or make friends or have really any interaction with them. They want you to show up, stand around and when the camera is rolling do what you're told. If you're making a name for yourself as being a clingy weirdo that bothers directors, then no one will want to work with you. If you go around horror forums and facebook badmouthing filmmakers then no one will want to work with you.

Filmmakers have enough to deal with including budget, filming time, permits, scripts, equipment, special effects, travel, lodging, etc, etc, etc. Dealing with an extra that takes up more than 2 seconds of their time is not something they are likely to put up with.

Also, don't give money towards film projects unless you're ok with that money just disappearing and you get nothing in return.

Here are some general guidelines I think can help you.
    1. Don't talk shit about anyone...ever. Seems like you've been doing that a lot. Don't do it or it will kill your career. Watch the Documentary called "Overnight" about a talented director who threw it all away because he was a dick and talked shit about people.
    2. Never contact an employer privately unless they ask you to. Directors and producers are your employers (even if your're not being paid, they are in charge)
    3. Don't donate to indy film campaigns unless you don't care about losing money.
    4. Don't tell people your personal life problems unless they are already your friends and you can trust them. This is especially true in the case of coworkers (other actors or extras) or employers (directors, producers, etc). It comes off as creepy and people don't want to be bothered with someone else's issues.

I don't work in the movie industry at all. However, if a potential co-worker was interviewing for a job and was going around talking about all these problems he has with other people and how it's always someone else's fault, and they're constantly getting deleted from facebook pages and blocked on twitter, and talking about how shitty past employer's have been, I'd go right into my boss's office and tell him to get rid of that guy because it's only a matter of time till our company has a problem.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

OK, Street Fighter (is that right?) - I think you have a point. It's not a good idea to "talk shit" about people. That's what I did. To be fair though, I've not had a very good 5 years and not receiving any support doesn't help. Well, it initially wasn't myself I was rambling about, though. A PA had a fight with some woman I only talk to on Facebook who was in that 'Redcon-1' movie in England. I mean, I don't really message her much now, but she and this PA had a quarrel about something. I've never met her, nor this PA, but I'd briefly mentioned it that day in Newtongrange (located in or around Edinburgh) to a few people at that mining museum who know the PA from where they come from. So I think the guy went and contacted the PA after that, as he suddenly gave me a funny look and said he was going away to make a phone call. The next day, I slept in, but they were filming across 2 days from 31 May to 1 June, 2016. I just heard that they changed the ending to that scene, so I didn't miss much as far as I'm aware. Then I also got deleted by a principal actor on Facebook who is in that film, because I put up a picture of the location we were at. Bad idea. I guess I wasn't thinking. I've still left posts on this guy's Facebook acting page which he gives a thumbs up to. He either doesn't remember me now, or he is just being polite. Did you know that the pop star I spoke of reported me to the police a while ago?

The bit I don't get though is when you say not to send these producers private messages. I thought that was the point of their ads. I mean, they even say in the post to do that. This is why I thought something was kind of odd when I sent some messages and got told dubious sounding statements. I didn't say anything off topic, or derogatory, nor did I sound like I was angry or demanding. I just stated that I saw a post about extras and I'd like to get involved, as I'm sure other people do as well. But it could be like you say, that word has gotten around about my history, as they are a tight group that watches each other's backs. However, is slandering someone kind of illegal?

Anyway, thanks for your post. I agree that paying money for potentially dodgy deals isn't smart. There are agencies that pay people for being a background actor, although that's more so for bigger productions with a reputable status. The posts I see on social media mainly concern student films. Well, most of them are independent short films anyway.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I don't know British pop stars from the 80s. What I do know, is that if someone (celebrity or not) doesn't want to talk to me, I don't talk to them. I move on and that's it. The cops have never come to my door for tweets.

As for the private messages, if you re-read my post I said "unless they ask you to." Then it's fine as long as you're only talking about the potential work.

I don't know about in Scotland (I think that's where you're from if I remember right), but in the USA slander is only illegal if it's not true. For instance, if I said "Don't hire Donald Trump, he grabs women by their pussies" That's not slander...it's the truth since he himself has admitted it.

In the same way someone can say "Don't hire Deputy so and so, he spreads rumors on set about a PA and stalked an 80s British pop star" that's not slander if it's true.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    Another problem I think I face is that I'm (perhaps) not being viewed by people as a 'good enough' actor. I mean, I do have autism. However, I think my flow of speech and general appearance isn't very endearing. I don't know if you could factor my anger issues into it, because not everybody would necessarily know about that.

Over the past year, I shot a shitty looking web series in my friend's home. It's a bloody mess in his house too, by the way. You can also tell he isn't really in character much either. Now other everyday people who see these videos may think it's a lot of nonsense and may not even get beyond the first one or two videos before realizing they are a lot of crap. Although I did like the last video we made, which is on for over an hour.

So, do you think I need to step up my game? Be sure to make the HD go to its fullest.

I've since had to remove the videos in this post.

Last edited by Ex-Deputy So & So; 03-07-2018 at 05:11 AM. Reason: I had to remove the videos. Sorry.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    Tonight, I actually got a few messages on Facebook from the director of Night Closes. Now, I just knew she was responsible for me not getting a part in She, Formidable several days ago. She's not happy that I added totally verifiable information on The Internet Movie Database for all to see, although perhaps me adding her film on YouTube without asking for her permission wasn't right, but it was actually her producer-friend who uploaded it first, so I saved it that way and put it on my own channel afterwards (I didn't consider it a big deal, though).

Last edited by Ex-Deputy So & So; 03-02-2018 at 05:42 PM.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    , although perhaps me adding her film on YouTube without asking for her permission wasn't right, but it was actually her producer-friend who uploaded it first, so I saved it that way and put it on my own channel afterwards (I didn't consider it a big deal, though).
    Wait, so her friend uploaded it then you uploaded it to your own channel without asking permission from the creator?

* First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

Thumbs down

Yeah, but I didn't see it as a big deal. I just wanted to make my channel look full of films to show off and it's kind of his blunder for putting it up in the first place (I do not understand why it's such an issue). I've only made that silly horror series with my best mate (which I've embedded on here a few posts above yours) and it's not that good. Is it? Have you watched all four videos? Over the past year, I've posted the videos on lots of forums and yet, I've had absolutely NO FEEDBACK WHATSOEVER about them. How will I know if people think they are good or not?

I'm seriously considering giving up on acting now anyway. They rarely shoot any major movies in Edinburgh, so one has to sign up to Screen Academy Scotland projects made by snooty youngsters. Apart from the pretentious assholes making their little unimportant short films, there's basically little glory in always being a living background prop. People need to quit lying too to spare my feelings. If they don't want me in their films, I'd rather they stopped lying when I find their ads on Facebook.

That, and the anxiety I have is too much hassle too.

Last edited by Ex-Deputy So & So; 03-05-2018 at 01:14 PM.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah, but I didn't see it as a big deal. I just wanted to make my channel look full of films to show off and it's kind of his blunder for putting it up in the first place (I do not understand why it's such an issue). I've only made that silly horror series with my best mate (which I've embedded on here a few posts above yours) and it's not that good. Is it? Have you watched all four videos? Over the past year, I've posted the videos on lots of forums and yet, I've had absolutely *NO FEEDBACK WHATSOEVER" about them.
    ...You took someones film and put it online without their permission....How is that not a big deal? Frankly sounds like they were being nice with not hitting you with a copyright notice that could get you terminated. It's called piracy and indie films are the most effected by it. If you want to show your work do like everyone else and ask permission to use a clip for your reel. You being in something gives you no right to create a bootleg which is essentially what you did.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    * First time watch

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

Lightbulb

Well, I acknowledge it is wrong, although I have to question just why he uploaded it if he didn't want people to see it on a public YouTube link. Besides, I have one of the biggest horror DVD collections in Edinburgh. I'm not exaggerating. None of those are bootlegs and like you say, it hurts consumers when people pirate everything. Similarly, it hurts me when some jackass wants £200 to get me a part in a short film that ends up not happening even after I pay the sum, because he's a knob.

I've had people asking me why I don't just download films. Well, I kind of like that my hobby began small and ended up so large. People with mental health issues or autism are inclined to want to horde a lot of things, because we all need some sort of pride and joy in place of companionship, or whatever, when that's missing in our lives. My friend is the same, only it's not DVDs he collects. He buys model trains and he used to buy a lot of records.

Anyway, not to act like I think you're ducking my question, but just what did you think of those four videos above? You don't have to worry about me biting your head off if you say you don't like them. I appreciate honesty. I get that they're kind of stupid. It's just a bit of fun, though. We cannot be 100% serious about stuff all of the time, eh? But anyway, time for horror talk.

Obluda
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    DUDE.

Sad to say, but you really gotta stop making these horrible mistakes. It's the reason those people are distancing themselves from you, even if it is via Facebook. You need to research how the business works as well as its unwritten, and written, code of ethics.

Openly slandering people online just because you had a negative experience with them on set is really bad. Meddling and editing IMDb pages on film projects you aren't even involved in is really bad. Uploading other people's film projects on YouTube is really bad.

Why'd you even feel the need to upload her film on YouTube when, according to you, you didn't even get a part in it? That's malice, clear and simple. And acknowledging that what you did was bad AFTER the fact doesn't absolve you of things. You need to watch your impulses. Because at this point, nobody is gonna want to work with you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast