Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167

The Beauty of That Which Is Fucking Ugly

James Quinn
    16 mins ·
    A secret project is coming. A short film, to be precise. It's unlike anything I've ever done, and we finished shooting it today, including a promo shoot on 35mm.

I won't say at all what this is about, or what it is. The actual announcement will follow most likely tomorrow, along with promo photos.

But... There is only one single shot in the film that contains something that is even remotely disturbing, and trust me when I say it's so beyond fucked up that I can't even find the words. Not only that, shooting it, that one scene, was the single most extreme thing I have ever put any actor through, and I'm glad it's over. We laughed about it afterwards, but it wasn't as funny during the shoot. At all.

As said, promo photography and/or a promo poster along with a title and more information about the film will be released tomorrow. You better be prepared for this. For now, check out the photo below of me preparing "that" scene.

It's also worth mentioning that this will be my last short for the year, and looking back, I don't think I can ever top 2017 in terms of productivity. Five short films, four music videos (three of those shot in a studio for the same band, promoting three different songs, all of those are still waiting to be released), a feature film, two feature screenplays, three or four finished short scripts, and just finished pre-production on another music video we're shooting early January. No wonder I can't feel my legs anymore.

To another year of fucking madness and insane and weird films.

James Quinn
    1 hr ·
    Huge project announcement:

I'm insanely excited to announce what is going to be Sodom & Chimera Productions' second feature film. I already showed you a photo yesterday of me preparing a scene, and said it was for a short film... Well, that wasn't the whole truth. This is what's up:

We just finished shooting a proof-of-concept short yesterday, which is more or less going to be a three minute teaser trailer for something a lot bigger. A feature film in this case, titled 'The Beauty of That Which Is Fucking Ugly - A Visual Poem of Disgust and Blood'.

Here's the official synopsis:
    "'The Beauty of That Which Is Fucking Ugly' is a very, very dark journey into the mind of an extremely intelligent, but equally disturbed man who's face we never see, a man with the absolutely extreme obsession of finding beauty in the ugliest of things, starting with simple objects such as filthy industrial buildings and dirt patterns, but soon going into an increasingly darker direction, until it escalates in raging madness so obscure and morbid that it would even keep the most demented of minds lying awake at night. People always tell each other to be passionate. They'll think twice after meeting this man".

The current footage has been shot on black and white Super 8, which the rest of the feature will be too, though the visual approach will be very different from my other films.

The plan right now is to finish our proof-of-concept teaser, and use that as a base to build the feature. Whatever the outcome of that may be, one thing is certain: This film will be made, one way or the other, and the plans for how exactly are already written.

Dates for the release of the teaser and our funding campaign will be revealed as soon as they're set.

For now, check out this first promo poster of the film, which was created with a 35mm photo taken during the shoot of the teaser. There are four of these in total, and also one actual, official poster of the film, which we're also going to release soon.

Stay tuned for more, you don't want to miss this.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    James Quinn
    6 hrs ·
    Promo poster #2 of my upcoming arthouse horror feature The Beauty of That Which Is Fucking Ugly - Film. The film now has a Facebook page and has been added to our website at sodomchimera.com. Drop us a like if you're interested in this and/or share it if you want to help spread the word. We're depending on getting as many people to know about this film as possible, since we're going the route of public funding this time.

In case you missed it, here's the plot summary again:
    "‘The Beauty of That Which Is Fucking Ugly’ is a very, very dark journey into the mind of an extremely intelligent, but equally disturbed man who’s face we never see, a man with the absolutely extreme obsession of finding beauty in the ugliest of things, starting with simple objects such as filthy industrial buildings and dirt patterns, but soon going into an increasingly darker direction, until it escalates in raging madness so obscure and morbid that it would even keep the most demented of minds lying awake at night. People always tell each other to be passionate. They’ll think twice after meeting this man”.

We're just finished shooting the intro of the film, which we're going to use as a three minute proof-of-concept teaser.

This might also be the most morbid thing we've done so far. You'll see why soon.

Stay tuned.

Master of Brutality
    Back at it again.

Status
    Last Online
    10-10-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Add UzumakiW on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 75
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID UzumakiW Steam ID UzumakiW
    Seems interesting

"We all go a little mad sometimes"

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    James Quinn added 3 new photos.
    2 hrs ·
    A new photo set went online just now over at sodomchimera.com. This is by the far the most extreme and disturbing photo set I've made so far. Titled 'Suck My Sludge', it was shot during the shoot of the intro of The Beauty of That Which Is Fucking Ugly - Film. Setting this up was pure horror. Shot this in a dirty attic, in 32 degrees, with the actor being entirely naked, in midst of broken glass and dirt, full of fake blood that has gone bad due to being stored for too long, with a stench that made me gag repeatedly when smelling it, not even seeing anything at all due to the cloth over his face, which was also dirty. I've never seen anyone suffer so much for a shoot without complaining at all. Absolutely incredible, and it shows in the photos. I didn't even instruct him to hold his head like he does in the first photo. He did that because he was barely able to take anymore.

This is the first time I crossed the line between conceptual photography and performance art, and it was brutal. It's for exactly that reason that these photos capture a sense of insanity unlike any I have ever taken.

Check out the full set here:
    https://www.sodomchimera.com/photos/

“Years of suffering have made us what we are. The filth. The dirt. Everything ugly, shimmering in the light of the mother of shit. It is madness in its purest form, yet it’s precisely how comforting it is to you that makes it so beautiful. You inhale the stench of formless disgust, and smile, as splatters of shredded veins grace the walls behind you. ‘I’m in love’, you gasp out, clenching your teeth, as the physical spasms take over”

+ Reply to Thread