Last Online
    09-16-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 124

Superman 4 is a terrible film with a few cool moments in it

The film sucks overall but I will say say something good about it, it has a few cool scenes, most of the effects are crap and usually unfinished but then there are some moments where irs kinda cool. The scene where the great wall is blowing up is some impressive model work. It's a go9d scene. There are some real scenes done with some chaos and real stunts, a battle scene on the streets has a van slowly spinning around in the air and the guy outside is slowly lifted out visually its a neat looking scene. The fight in the daily planet has some more cool destruction and the model work showing walls and windows blowing out looks really good. It's a terrible film with a few high points that no one mentions

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...

I grew up with the Superman movies...it was all we knew at the time an I learned later how bad they truly were. Still it's goofy fun like Batman Forever or Batman and Robin.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 101
    Same here, grew upon on the Supes movies. But while I loved the first two and kinda/sorta liked the third one (mostly for the Kent vs Supes junkyard fight) I couldn't find a single saving grace about the fourth one. While I remember being really excited for it (I'm also a comics nerd and back then, we'd get excited at the mere mention of the term "superhero movie") I also remember sitting there in my seat, watching it, and wondering what terrible act or staggering misdeed I might have done to deserve this movie. I consider myself a b-movie connoisseur, but even I couldn't sit through this one more than once.

Maybe time has been kind to it, I don't know. Maybe now it might convey some kind of nostalgic charm. But I'm not in a hurry to find out.

+ Reply to Thread