Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27

PS5 dev kits shipped/received

At this point consoles are like Transformers movies.
    They wont be very good by comparison to what else is out there.
    They cost too much.
    They don't offer anything original to the gaming market.
    They end up being the same as one another.
    And at the end of the day if people stop buying them and demand something better, they'll stop making them.

So as ive ranted about time and time again, this is the problem with consoles doing nothing but following PCs.
    They'll be overpriced for the longest time, they'll have half the capabilities, because they all use x86 we'll see the same games for every system and right when you start really getting value for the system, they're announcing a new one. The worst aspects of PC gaming (at one point or another) they decided to emulate and then make worse.

IMO Steam was on track with their satellite systems but because it was Linux and they didnt have the support behind them, they never took off and it ended up being something way ahead of its time not technologically but the average consumer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-09-2018 at 07:44 PM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Good christ this is getting ridiculous.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Ha ha ha ha ha. Consoles are fucking garbage. (Except Nintendo at least they give you an original experience)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha. Consoles are fucking garbage. (Except Nintendo at least they give you an original experience)

The PS5 is what people should have expected from the PS4 (not pro, not super mega console or whatever version is out now), although if people were simply going with the idea of mimicking PCs you'd think they'd at least demand something slightly different. IMO, as mentioned above, if console gamers simply wanted a low to mid grade gaming PC, that was cheap, compact and offered something different from traditional consoles, they would have gone with the Steam Link.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-10-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by El Ahrairah View Post
    The PS5 is what people should have expected from the PS4 (not pro, not super mega console or whatever version is out now), although if people were simply going with the idea of mimicking PCs you'd think they'd at least demand something slightly different. IMO, as mentioned above, if console gamers simply wanted a low to mid grade gaming PC, that was cheap, compact and offered something different from traditional consoles, they would have gone with the Steam Link.

I have a steam link and it's fantastic for controller based games. There still isn't an adequate solution for couch keyboard +mouse gaming on the couch.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Ha ha ha ha ha. Consoles are fucking garbage.
    Going to make the annual reminder that the person who says consoles are garbage has an xbox one and Switch. Talk shit about Microsoft, but you supported them and consoles in general with the purchase of an Xbox One. You don't have to act so high and mighty, especially by investing in Xbox games like Rare Replay and Cuphead. You make a generalized statement about consoles, but cherry pick Nintendo because they have better exclusives? Because their console is better because they don't over promise and try to be something their not? Sounds to me like you just have a preference to a certain console rather than thinking consoles are garbage.

I do love me my consoles. It's currently a good way to play all the exclusives from various companies rather just pointing the finger without any experience with them. There are plenty that don't come to PC which are going to be absolutely stunning. God of War and Spiderman for PS4, Gears, Forza and Halo for Xbox (which are basically on PC now anyway) and anything by Nintendo. Hell, I will probably always keep consoles around just for the sheer number of AAA games that are completely fucking broken on the PC version. Plus, with my limited time, I like popping in a game and it just working without fiddling any settings. That is obviously personal preference though. But, once I get a good job this year, I will be finally building my dream PC and primarily do gaming on there.

With all that being said, the business practices for these companies are fucking atrocious. Microsoft has almost no exclusives to properly compete with Sony and Nintendo. The Xbox One X is beautiful looking, but there is not much on the console in the ways of exclusives at all. Sony might unveil a new console this year and for what? What games do they honestly have that warrant a new fucking console? The answer is none. While God of War and Spiderman are probably going to be amazing games, I don't need a PS5 to interest me in that. Nintendo is doing Nintendo and I absolutely love them for it.

These companies are obviously trying to compete with the PC market, which is extremely sad. The amount of games on Steam alone puts consoles to a god damn shame. The fact that they are trying to rape the consumer wallet and making them think they have a shot against a high end, or middle end, gaming PC is insulting. My PS4 is going to be the last Sony console I buy unless they really come out with some exclusives that I am interested in. Same goes for Microsoft. I'm not going to keep spending $500 a pop on a box that doesn't give me the selection that Steam has to offer with limited exclusives.

I think I'm a little more pissed than I should be reading stuff like this. I wouldn't normally be this angry. The Xbox One and PS4 came out five years ago. It would make sense to start planning a new console now....BUT only if they didn't have these "1.5" consoles like the One S, One X, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro.

Last edited by DMHead777; 04-10-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    I do love me my consoles. It's currently a good way to play all the exclusives from various companies rather just pointing the finger without any experience with them.
    I do love me my consoles. It's currently a good way to play all the exclusives from various companies rather just pointing the finger without any experience with them. There are plenty that don't come to PC which are going to be absolutely stunning. God of War and Spiderman for PS4, Gears, Forza and Halo for Xbox (which are basically on PC now anyway) and anything by Nintendo.
    Except they're not really exclusives anymore are they?
    One of the "benefits" i guess..... downfalls IMO, of consoles merely mirroring PCs is that there becomes even less of a point in exclusives because the can all be very easily transferred to PC.
    Most Xbone "exclusive" games are now also on PC and the PS4 has a streaming service so PC people can play PS4 "exclusive" games on their PC (this is actually the direction Sony and MS should be going). The one reason i might have to buy a PS4 (the new god of war) has been removed..... a situation ive been saying was a problem for consoles for years now and that would get worse and worse until the point where there would be no such thing as an "exclusive"... and as expected, we've hit that point.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Except they're not really exclusives anymore are they?
    One of the "benefits" i guess..... downfalls IMO, of consoles merely mirroring PCs is that there becomes even less of a point in exclusives because the can all be very easily transferred to PC.
    Very true, but transferring to PC also can come with game breaking problems. I don't think it's worth the effort personally, but that's personal preference. In the general terms of ordering online or going to a game store, then yeah exclusives are exclusives without stretching it.

When I say Xbone exclusives, I mainly mean Microsoft exclusives. I love the fact that they are making their games "Play Anywhere" where you can play on your console, then continue on your tablet or PC, but their exclusives are hard to find in the grand scheme of things. Very few and far between. And that PS4 streaming service sucks from what I hear, but I haven't had any personal experience with it.

a situation ive been saying was a problem for consoles for years now and that would get worse and worse until the point where there would be no such thing as an "exclusive"... and as expected, we've hit that point.
    It wasn't just you saying it. Go on any cringe-worthy Facebook comment post, Instagram post, etc, and there will be tons of people bitching about exclusivity. That's why Crash Bandicoot is coming to Xbox One and Spyro is going to all consoles with its remaster. Exclusives aren't exclusives anymore and that's why I can't justify spending $500 on anymore consoles. The Xbox One X was my personal last straw.

I know all future Microsoft big "exclusive" games will be on PC. That, I'm fine with. I'd say God of War, Spiderman and indie games might be worth spending the money for a first gen PS4. That I'm also fine with. And Nintendo will keep doing Nintendo and I'll probably throw any amount of money on them because they are doing a lot of things right at the moment.

You have game companies now that don't want people to argue over which console to buy their game for, they just want that investment from the consumer. I think the current-gen console wars helped with that. People are throwing their arms in the air talking about which console is better and now all consoles are getting most big AAA games. Dead Rising 4 hit PS4, Crash is hitting Xbox, Spyro is hitting Xbox, Titanfall 2 hit PS4 despite the first being an exclusive.

I may be straying from the topic here, but that all adds up to me saying that a PS5 isn't worth it. They will make a console that is only slightly better than the PS4 and want people to spend $500 on it. Then Microsoft will announce their next console making that slightly better. All the while "both" (and I mean both because Nintendo doesn't really need to do this shit to make money) will have less and less exclusives and not hold a candle to even a mid-range PC. Sony has their fair share of indie games and rpgs and Microsoft is going the route of trying to combine PC and console by bringing all their games to PC with no additional charge, which I'm fine with. It's just a mess.

tldr: Current gaming companies are greedy and stupid.

Last edited by DMHead777; 04-10-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Very true, but transferring to PC also can come with game breaking problems. I don't think it's worth the effort personally, but that's personal preference.
    No, this is not true anymore.
    We are no longer in the age of PS3 or 360, where consoles had significantly different hardware and software. Since the 8th generation the PS4 and Xbone, are the same exaxct programming language used for PCs, they run a simplified windows and their hardware basically takes common PC GPUs and turns them into APUs.

Prior to the 8th generation of consoles the process for converting a PS3 or even XBox game to PC was.... Taking the programming and converting it to x86, then finding languages and engine that can create the same game with the same experience. After you do this, you then have to test and assume, issues PC gamers might face with different video cards.

I keep harping on the 8th generation being the death of consoles and exclusivity because it takes that above process and boils it down to one thing: Did the console have a Nvidia chip? Then all they need to do is assume ATI issues. Did it have an ATI chip? Than all they have to do is assume Nvidia issues. And that's it. The process of opening up a whole new user base and potential consumers ( by the hundreds of millions) is now 1/100th of the process it was just one generation ago. So we no longer see those game breaking issues or even major issues (unless they were there to begin with) with multi-platform games.
    And even if that was not the case, PCs were headed in this place of domination anyway because of streaming as Sony as shown us. They don't actually convert their exclusives to PC, they simply give you a program that allows you to stream them on your PC.

A little added bonus. This is also why the PS4 and Xbone emulators have made much more progress than the PS3 and 360. Its so difficult for programmers to emulate the hardware of the PS3 and 360 because they both created something new instead of simply taking already made PC parts.

And that PS4 streaming service sucks from what I hear, but I haven't had any personal experience with it.
    The biggest problem with game streaming is you need a good internet connection. If you have a good internet connection, you're good to go.
    I tried it about a year ago and had no problems with the service, its simply there's nothing on consoles that really makes me want to use them or their streaming services.... Although ill probably sign up again for the new god of war when i can get around to playing it.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-11-2018 at 11:47 AM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I can easily see your standpoint, but I do think it's a lot easier to just pop the game in a box and play within a few minutes. I wasn't aware Sony was streaming their new games to PC. My understanding is that it was a selected bunch of older titles. Plus, after seeing games like Arkham Knight, South Park: Fractured but Whole, and even MK10 get such shitty reactions on the PC, makes me really want my consoles to be in easy reach for a while. I know not everyone had problems, but even if I'm in the few percent that did have problems, and I just spent $60 on a game, I'd be infuriated.

But I totally get what you're saying. Just boils down to personal preference. But knowing that modern games are getting easier to take to PC will help me fiddle around more when I get my rig up and running sometime this year. Thanks for the information

But at the topic on hand, Sony and Microsoft don't have the exclusives to poop out another console at the moment. There is nothing in their lineup that would need that extra little boost of performance. God of War and Spiderman are perfectly fine on the PS4. I just don't get it really.

Last edited by DMHead777; 04-11-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    But I totally get what you're saying. Just boils down to personal preference. But knowing that modern games are getting easier to take to PC will help me fiddle around more when I get my rig up and running sometime this year. Thanks for the information
    Send me the parts, ill build it.

But at the topic on hand, Sony and Microsoft don't have the exclusives to poop out another console at the moment. There is nothing in their lineup that would need that extra little boost of performance. God of War and Spiderman are perfectly fine on the PS4. I just don't get it really.
    This is all about the 4k war and probably soon to be 8k.
    Its something that does not actually matter, i can think of a thousand things (okay, maybe not a thousand) to improve on consoles and PCs that have nothing to do with 4k resolution and will actually give us better gaming experiences. there's not much of a difference between 1080 and 4k. But they can miss their mark and get people to buy another console by promoting this, and they can sell tvs for themselves or whoever they are invested in. Its double dipping.

As for exclusives.... the PS4 or XBone don't have enough to get to buy one now..... this is the first generation of consoles that ive never owned something from.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-11-2018 at 05:13 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Send me the parts, ill build it.

I am more than capable enough to build it, but thanks.

Last edited by DMHead777; 04-11-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Going to make the annual reminder that the person who says consoles are garbage has an xbox one and Switch. Talk shit about Microsoft, but you supported them and consoles in general with the purchase of an Xbox One. You don't have to act so high and mighty, especially by investing in Xbox games like Rare Replay and Cuphead. You make a generalized statement about consoles, but cherry pick Nintendo because they have better exclusives? Because their console is better because they don't over promise and try to be something their not? Sounds to me like you just have a preference to a certain console rather than thinking consoles are garbage.
    I'll stand by my statement. Nintendo is separated not only because of their exclusives (which are killer) but because they released something unique and innovative. A successful home console that's also a portable machine with the optional focus of motion controls and touch screen stuff it's ballsy. Releasing shitty gaming PCs stuffed into a console shape is not impressive nor innovative (see the Xbone and PS4). Now Sony and Microsoft seem to be on a 2-year "refresh plan" where they want you to buy a new $500+ system every time. Cost of ownership used to be one of the main benefits of buying a console over a PC...not anymore.

As for my gaming purchases, I've explained why I got an Xbone many times, RB4. I'll give money to a company that offers something I want for what I deem a reasonable price. You forgot to add in that I own multiple copies of windows, I used to have a MS surface, one wireless MS mouse upstairs in the movie room, lord knows how many copies of Windows and Office I've purchased for my company. So yeah I've given MS a lot of money, but here's the key difference. Other than Cuphead (which I also play on PC) I don't think I've gotten an Xbone game in 3 years.

Consoles are fucking garbage (except Nintendo).

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I'll stand by my statement. Nintendo is separated not only because of their exclusives (which are killer) but because they released something unique and innovative. A successful home console that's also a portable machine with the optional focus of motion controls and touch screen stuff it's ballsy. Releasing shitty gaming PCs stuffed into a console shape is not impressive nor innovative (see the Xbone and PS4). Now Sony and Microsoft seem to be on a 2-year "refresh plan" where they want you to buy a new $500+ system every time. Cost of ownership used to be one of the main benefits of buying a console over a PC...not anymore.

As for my gaming purchases, I've explained why I got an Xbone many times, RB4. I'll give money to a company that offers something I want for what I deem a reasonable price. You forgot to add in that I own multiple copies of windows, I used to have a MS surface, one wireless MS mouse upstairs in the movie room, lord knows how many copies of Windows and Office I've purchased for my company. So yeah I've given MS a lot of money, but here's the key difference. Other than Cuphead (which I also play on PC) I don't think I've gotten an Xbone game in 3 years.

You know whats weird about Nintendo?
    I agree 100% with your statement on them being the only one's doing something different. Not impressed by the Switch, but at least they tried.
    That said, while they are trying something different, its still so close to PCs that the Wii, WiiU and Switch emulators are the most stable emulators (of systems after the SNES) and the WIIU and Switch emulators only took like 3 months to make.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-14-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

You know whats weird about Nintendo?
    I agree 100% with your statement on them being the only one's doing something different. Not impressed by the Switch, but at least they tried.
    That said, while they are trying something different, its still so close to PCs that the Wii, WiiU and Switch emulators are the most stable emulators (of systems after the SNES) and the WIIU and Switch emulators only took like 3 months to make.
    I think the ease of emulation on nintendo also comes from the fact that they basically use the same structure for like 18 years. The Switch is based on the WiiU, The WiiU based on the Wii, the Wii based on a Gamecube.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

You can stand by your opinion, but the Switch is still a console. It may be your favorite console, but to say all consoles are garbage (when there are only 3 major consoles out right now) except one of them is just hilarious to me. It sounds like you are desperately trying to justify playing a console while hating on them at the same time. It's a good choice because Nintendo is doing wonderful things for the gaming industry, but it still boils down to a preference of console.

Releasing shitty gaming PCs stuffed into a console shape is not impressive nor innovative (see the Xbone and PS4).
    That's the definition of a console. Technically, Nintendo is no different. Their games are just better

Now Sony and Microsoft seem to be on a 2-year "refresh plan" where they want you to buy a new $500+ system every time. Cost of ownership used to be one of the main benefits of buying a console over a PC...not anymore.
    Nintendo does this as well with their handheld models. I think there is a Nintendo DS, 2ds, 3ds, 3ds XL, 2ds XL..etc. It's not $500, but they still do this as well. I won't be surprised if we see a new version of the Switch soon.

As for my gaming purchases, I've explained why I got an Xbone many times, RB4.
    You say consoles are garbage, but spent $500 on a console for one game? Then you go and bash the Xbox saying how garbage it is, but you just spent that money for one game. And I believe you said in another thread that you'd never play Red Dead Redemption 2 unless it comes to PC. But according to your achievement list, you have also played Rare Replay and Halo the Master Chief Collection. So, you do play Microsoft exclusives on Xbox One, but at the same time bash the system even though you are using it for its exact purpose.

I don't mean to drill you so hard about this, but I really dislike when people are hypocrites just because they want to fit into a certain crowd. Even going to the /r/battlestations subreddit, I see plenty of people with PS4s and Xbones near their rig. You don't have to act like you are superior than these things when you still use them lol.

Getting back to the topic so this isn't too random. I think we can all agree the state of consoles now don't warrant another generation. The games aren't up to snuff and more and more people are playing their backlogs and classics more than new games. A PS5 is completely idiotic right now as well as the next Xbox that is surely to come. The consoles cannot compare to pcs at all, but they are still trying and it's like seeing a toddler trying to bench press 300lbs. To me, there is nothing wrong with the toddler or the 300lbs though. They are fine on their own, but when one tries to be the other, it's ludicrous.

Last edited by DMHead777; 04-14-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    That's the definition of a console. Technically, Nintendo is no different. Their games are just better
    But its not.
    Up until the 8th generation, consoles were new. Manufacturers simply didn't take existing PC parts and cram them into a console sized PC. They took older hardware that they could create something new with, and made unique hardware that required unique software. You wont find a PC equivalent to the PS3..... there are no PCs with 9 cores running on an emotion engine. Just like you wont find the literal equivalent of a PS2 PC or an XBox 360 (although funny enough, you will find the equivalent to the first XBox). But with Xbone and PS4,you can find that literal equivalent. And when i say literal equivalent, i mean everything is exactly the same. We would have no problems going out and finding a 1.7 quad core, with 8 gigs ram and 480 (xbone).

Nintendo is still doing what older consoles did.
    Xbox and Sony.... they might as well be steam machines. Nothing new is being created, they are literally simply taking existing CPUs, GPUs or APUs, existing ram, existing boards, and just slamming it all together. What they are doing is more in line with Dell and HP than 2001 Sony or current Nintendo.

I agree with strt here, that there's a fundamental difference between what we see with 7th, 6th, 5th etc. Gen and what nintendo does currently, to what we see MS and Sony doing.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-14-2018 at 10:40 AM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

But its not.
    Up until the 8th generation, consoles were new. Manufacturers simply didn't take existing PC parts and cram them into a console sized PC. They took older hardware that they could create something new with, and made unique hardware that required unique software. You wont find a PC equivalent to the PS3..... there are no PCs with 9 cores running on an emotion engine. Just like you wont find the literal equivalent of a PS2 PC or an XBox 360 (although funny enough, you will find the equivalent to the first XBox). But with Xbone and PS4,you can find that literal equivalent. And when i say literal equivalent, i mean everything is exactly the same. We would have no problems going out and finding a 1.7 quad core, with 8 gigs ram and 480 (xbone).

Nintendo is still doing what older consoles did.
    Xbox and Sony.... they might as well be steam machines. Nothing new is being created, they are literally simply taking existing CPUs, GPUs or APUs, existing ram, existing boards, and just slamming it all together. What they are doing is more in line with Dell and HP than 2001 Sony or current Nintendo.

I agree with strt here, that there's a fundamental difference between what we see with 7th, 6th, 5th etc. Gen and what nintendo does currently, to what we see MS and Sony doing.
    When you put it that way, I can definitely agree.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I don't mean to drill you so hard about this, but I really dislike when people are hypocrites just because they want to fit into a certain crowd.
    Ok so I'm a hypocrite now? I own a console...say it's shitty and I'm a hypocrite? If I listened to Deep Purple on 8-track and loved the music but said 8-track was shitty, does that make me a hypocrite? You better re-evaluate your thought process because now I'm going to get into details...

You can stand by your opinion, but the Switch is still a console. It may be your favorite console, but to say all consoles are garbage (when there are only 3 major consoles out right now) except one of them is just hilarious to me. It sounds like you are desperately trying to justify playing a console while hating on them at the same time. It's a good choice because Nintendo is doing wonderful things for the gaming industry, but it still boils down to a preference of console.
    So you seem hung up that I said consoles are garbage except Nintendo's. You claim I just prefer that console. No shit dude...I just said the others suck and not Nintendo's. I don't prefer things that are garbage. I prefer things that aren't garbage. I gave my reasons for liking the switch and only one of them were the exclusives. The switch is different from the other 2 consoles out now. It's innovative, unique in fact it's not like any previous console as it's a true portable. They've been trying to get this to work for a long time ever since the Super Gameboy and the "trial" of the WiiU. With the Switch they hit it out of the park, of course you're free to disagree. they've also maintained and improved the motion controls of the previous consoles as well as expanded controller options.

The Xbone and PS4 are underpowered turds from their initial release. My evidence for this is that they released upgraded versions of the consoles (multiple times) after the release and I'm not talking about just bigger hard drives or eliminating faulty components like in the 360 and PS3 days. These are upgraded more powerful parts because their initial releases were underpowered.

No I've explained my preferences for the switch multiple times but I'll toss in a new one. Consoles used to be cutting edge. I remember back when I had PC games like Commander Keen, Duke Nukem (not 3D), Jill of the Jungle, etc and they couldn't hold a candle to something like the NES or SNES. Those days ended and now they squeeze out a fresh turd of a console (or improvement of another) every 2 years or so. They want to be the cellphone market sooo badly and want to see if they can mike their customers for every penny. It's only a matter of time before they alienate all their customers (or at least the non-fanboys that will buy everything)

Nintendo does this as well with their handheld models. I think there is a Nintendo DS, 2ds, 3ds, 3ds XL, 2ds XL..etc. It's not $500, but they still do this as well. I won't be surprised if we see a new version of the Switch soon.
    just a little clarification but if you're going nit pick me, I'll gladly do the same. The DS and 3DS are not the same console. the DS cannot play 3DS games. it's like the NES vs SNES. As for the others most you listed are all the same hardware and just different size/3D capabilities. They all play the same games and for the most part are the same power/resolution/framerate. It's a bit like having different size cell phones with the same hardware for different prices. That being said...none of them are home consoles. I wasn't defending Nintendo handhelds, just Nintendo Consoles. Sony makes a bunch of shitty electronics and M$ makes a shitload of other products but I wasn't talking about those either...just home consoles. So this point is entirely moot. You're welcome for the response anyway.

You say consoles are garbage, but spent $500 on a console for one game? Then you go and bash the Xbox saying how garbage it is, but you just spent that money for one game. And I believe you said in another thread that you'd never play Red Dead Redemption 2 unless it comes to PC. But according to your achievement list, you have also played Rare Replay and Halo the Master Chief Collection. So, you do play Microsoft exclusives on Xbox One, but at the same time bash the system even though you are using it for its exact purpose.
    Yes I bought a Xbone just for Rockband. Though if you want all the nitty gritty details I'll spell them out for you. For xmas my parents gave me a PS4, something insane because they havent gotten me a console since the SNES. Knowing RB4 was coming out and I wanted my hundreds of $ in DLC available to me I sold the PS4 (unopened) to a co-worker for the exact price of a Xbone. Great deal for him as the PS4 was more expensive at the time and I got my RB4 console. The system came free with the Master chief collection, so I played it because...well...it was free and I had no games and RB4 wasn't out yet. I dicked around with the game for about a week, got to like level 4 in Halo 2 and stopped playing you can probably tell from my Achievement dates since you're looking at them. Then I got Rare collection because even though I already owned all the later games, they're a blast and wouldnt mind replaying them and the collection was actually a great price, I recommend it for any classic gamer that owns a xbone. I also played that for about a week and havent gone back in a while...though I should go back to the Banjos, those games are a blast. Then I got RB4 and it was a big disappointment. The character models sucked compared to RB3, the character maker sucked compared to RB3, the game modes sucked compared to RB3, there was no online, the on disc songs were the weakest...regardless, I was disappointed with the game. Now one thing I will give the xbone credit for, their Netflix app is one of the best I've used. It's fast and makes sense, much better than the one on my bluray player, comcast, wii, receiver, etc. Oh then I got Cuphead, fucking great game, also came with a free PC copy so I installed both and played both, though when doing coop with the GF I use the xbone because she's familiar with using the system for netflix.

So yeah. I own the system, I've played it, I'm not impressed. It's an underpowered PC in a nice box. Obviously M$ knew that so they released more powerful models. I assume the same thing on Sony's part as they've done the same thing. That being said I still want to play some of Sony's exclusive games. Bloodborne looks amazing, and I've always loved the God of War series. If I got a great deal on a PS4 I might get one just for those few games.

So let's talk about Red Dead for a minute because you brought it up. My problem with Red Dead isn't the console necessarily, it's with Rockstar. They have the ability to release amazing PC versions of their games. GTA5 is one of the best PC ports I've ever played. It's so good that it's been called the "definitive" way to play the game. They've released pretty much every single GTA game on PC but for some insane reason never released Red Dead 1. So yeah, until they release Red Dead 2 on PC, I won't buy it. It's more similar to how I wouldn't buy Street Fighter 5 until they made a whole fucking game out of it. The Arcade Edition is pretty much as good as it's going to get so once it goes on sale, I'll pick that up.

Also, for the record. I only got the Switch for Zelda, and it's worth every penny.

So when I say that the current consoles are garbage except for the switch, it's an honest assesment and their practices are fucking shitty for their customers. Even you agree with that as this PS5 and XboneX have ruffled your feathers as well. The whole console world is getting worse, not better...except for Nintendo

Rotting Zealot
    Inquisitive

Status
    Last Online
    01-05-2021

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 86
    There better be backwards compatibility this time, or I'm done. That alone makes me want an xbone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast