05-15-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Horror Movie Trope: Indian Burial Grounds

Hi fellow Horror Movie buffs!

I'm brand new to the forums, so first just a bit of a brief backstory on myself; I'm an Anthropology student at California State University, Long Beach. I am currently enrolled in my LAST(!) semester, in a North American Indians course, and in the midst of a pretty open-ended final collection project. One that is described as "a project designed to provide students the opportunity to participate in identifying, accessing, and documenting elements of art, culture, and expression pertaining to, or within, Native America."

Being an avid horror film fan myself, I decided to focus my research on one trope found in many of them: the ominous Indian Burial Ground. Not only compiling which films use it, but also a more in-depth analysis of what they all have in common, and more importantly just exactly why filmmakers chose to go that route!

We are required one brief interview for this assignment, as well. And being that you guys have incredibly unique perspective as you hold a shared love of the horror genre, I was wondering if you'd possibly allow me the honor to interview any of you, which would be via a future message, of a series of questions you can answer as brief and candidly as you want.

Thank you so so so much for your time!

Andrew

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw