This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Well at least Capcom finally listened to the fans who had been bitching and moaning for years for a return of the classic camera angles and controls.

Apparently RE2 will feature 3rd person, 1st person and fixed camera optional controls.

I'm excited for RE2. It sucks that the only thing im really looking forward to is a remake of a 20 year old game, but I guess that's the state of gaming for me as im not a graphics whore, im more about immersion and quality gameplay over how pretty a game looks.

I need it after the dumpster fire that has been Friday the 13th: The Game and them officially shutting down all future content due to the Victor Miller lawsuit. Combine that with the amateur hour indy dev team and that game will go down as one of the biggest crashes and burns in recent memory.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Red; 06-12-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by ŔęĐ View Post
    Well at least Capcom finally listened to the fans who had been bitching and moaning for years for a return of the classic camera angles and controls.

Apparently RE2 will feature 3rd person, 1st person and fixed camera optional controls.

I'm excited for RE2. It sucks that the only thing im really looking forward to is a remake of a 20 year old game, but I guess that's the state of gaming for me as im not a graphics whore, im more about immersion and quality gameplay over how pretty a game looks.

I need it after the dumpster fire that has been Friday the 13th: The Game and them officially shutting down all future content due to the Victor Miller lawsuit. Combine that with the amateur hour indy dev team and that game will go down as one of the biggest crashes and burns in recent memory.
    You should play Dead By Daylight, I have been religiously playing that since October. It has a great community and some of the best dev support I have ever seen.
    They are constantly updating the game and there is a ton of new content coming this year as well.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    The Last Of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Control, RE 2 Remake Death Stranding

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    I think I know less about Death Stranding now than I did before

Also, I'll be doing the Nintendo show here as well.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Nintendo Direct E3 2018

Trailer for Daemon X Machina

Trailer Xenoblade Chronicles 2 dlc

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee/Pokeball +

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Super Mario Party announced

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Fortnite on Switch

Overcooked 2

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Killer Queen Black

Hollow Knight

Octopath Traveler exclusive

New SMASH BROS1111!!!111!
    -ice climbers
    -inkling
    -pokemon trainer
    -snake
    -pichu
    -diddy kong
    -young link
    -wolf
    -Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    -every smash fighter in every game will be back in new game
    -8 player battles
    -Most stages return, all revamped and updated. Plenty of new levels
    -Every stage have omega forms
    -All amiibos are compatible
    -Ridley is now a playable character

Available December 7th

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Daemon X Machina:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country:

Pokeball Plus controller:

Super Mario Party:

Fire Emblem Three Houses:

Fornite on Switch:

Overcooked 2:

Killer Queen Black:

Hollow Knight:

Octopath Traveler:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:

-Every character from every past game is included in this
    -Makers rehauled the entire game. Added in new costumes and overhauled the final smashes on some characters
    -Even how the game is played has been changed, like dodging with the perfect dodge
    -Most classic stages, and new ones, come to this smash
    -8 player smash returns
    -All stages now have an Omega mode
    -New characters are Ridley and Inkling
    -Some characters have "echo" characters, which are similar characters with similar move sets
    -New costumes involve the new franchises
    -I am erect

Super Smash Bros. Ridley:

That new smash game looks perfect. Also down for some Super Marty Party, Hollow Knight, and Daemon X Machina

Last edited by DMHead777; 06-12-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Huzzah!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-30-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0
    Xbox just had their best e3 ever, what a surprise. I'm not huge into Halo but an open world Halo with a fully explorable installation in the classic artstyle is pretty amazing. Gears 5 was unexpected so soon and looks really great. Apparently it's going to have open-ended level design and multiple vehicles and traversal methods. New enemies look crazy, like those flying worms WTF. Shadows Die Twice looked amazing, HUGE Souls fan so I'll be there day 1. The new studios are nice too, looks like Xbox won't have the same exclusive droughts in the future.

Sony was really bad this year. Weird structure, horrible pacing and samey 3rd person cinematic games.

Nintendo was bad too, it's obvious they just don't have much to show right now, and minute changes in Smash Bros is the opposite of entertaining.

"Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing."
    -Philip K. Dick

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 262
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    Twin Mirrors looks interesting. What's that about? The trailer was unclear as to its theme, but it resembles Alan Wake.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Nintendo

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Officefan View Post
    minute changes in Smash Bros is the opposite of entertaining.
    I'm not sure if you play Smash Bros. or not, but I'm not sure if you're serious? My buddy and I have put in easily 1000 hours into the game and play a couple days per week since it was launched. I have to tell you, these changes are not small.

Having every single character from every past game come into the new game is not an easy task by any means.

-Every stage has been completely overhauled and remastered in some cases. Also, almost all previous stages have returned as well. Also also, new stages from breath of the wild, mario odyssey and Splatoon

-In Smash Bros. for WiiU, only certain stages had an omega form (meaning it's not a giant stage, but just a decently sized platform) and now this game has an omega form for each level.

-Let's not forget the new kind of air shield that you can use to your advantage to get back onto a platform or direction out of the way before getting hit.

-Then you have 8 player smash being available for EVERY level instead of just a select few like the WiiU smash.

-They have added new assist trophies and animations to almost every character. You can even fight and kill the assist trophies before they do any damage to you

-There are now fake smash balls

-Movement speed has been increased

-The higher number of people playing, the less damage is given to each character

-In sudden death the screen now closes in on you making the game end quicker (thank god)

-A lot of final smashes have been changed completely. King Dedede, Little Mac, Wario, Sonic, etc.

-New outfits with some new forms like Breath of the Wild Link and a Link Between Two Worlds Zelda

-Ridley and Inkling characters AND levels have been added as well. Daisy as an echo character

I wouldn't call these minute changes at all. These are much needed updates and I think most fans of Smash Bros. welcome this over a new game. That brings the roster up to, like 66 different characters you can play as with a shit load of different stages. Everyone on the Smash Bros. subreddit is pretty hyped for it as well. So, you get stages and characters from past games, needed improvements, and new characters and new stages.

edit: Just counted. New roster is up to 66 with 80+ stages

And I personally don't think any of the presentations were bad. I just don't think any of them have a lot to offer this year.

Sony just had God of War and Detroit Become Human come out and have Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman, Death Stranding and Days Gone coming soon. They didn't announce anything new or insane because those games will more than likely be fucking amazing.

Xbox had that super unexpected Cyberpunk trailer. No one knew that was coming because everyone knows that game is years away from being completed. They also announced a release date for Crackdown 3, Cuphead DLC, a new Battletoads?!, and announced Halo 6 and Gears 5. Agreed nothing breathtaking, but pretty standard fare for this kind of presentation. I think the fans are pleased.

Nintendo announced two enormous games; Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Super Mario Party. Just those two games alone are going to sell a shit load of consoles. There are a lot of games coming to Switch that you guys may not find interesting, but they all look completely different than the same old shit coming on to Xbox and PS4. A lot of these games sold super well on Steam and definitely have an audience. The new games that were announced look like a fun throwback to my childhood. I know people will purchase a Switch just for Xenoblade Chronicles alone.

So, I think it was a decent E3 overall. Nothing made me flip my desk over or anything, but I don't remember any of the games this year that looked terrible. Even EA and Ubisoft announced some cool shit.

Last edited by DMHead777; 06-13-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Huzzah!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-30-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    I'm not sure if you play Smash Bros. or not, but I'm not sure if you're serious? My buddy and I have put in easily 1000 hours into the game and play a couple days per week since it was launched. I have to tell you, these changes are not small.
    The thing is I don't really play Smash. It having the full roster and remade stages is cool, but do I really care enough to watch a long ass presentation about how some characters attack speed have gone up, or that they have an alternate costume with a slightly different V.O.?

I'm just saying the Smash presentation was too long and aimed at Smash fanatics and not the WW gaming community at large who are tuning in for surprises from Nintendo.

I LOVE Gears of War, but if MS shows a 10 minute video on weapon tuning, barrel aim vs center screen aim, wall bouncing etc etc the audience would fall asleep because only the hardcore Gears MP players care about that shit.

I guess my biggest reason for being salty about Nintendo was that I was totally ready to see Metroid Prime 4 and we got nothing. Whatever, take your time I get it, but lame ass Mario Party and weirdo Japanese shit doesn't make it up for me.

"Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing."
    -Philip K. Dick

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I can see it being too long, but Nintendo did make an announcement saying they were concentrating a large portion of the E3 time to Smash. I mean, people were prepared. Nintendo has so many of these directs throughout the year, that Metroid will more than likely be talked about then. They didn't talk about the core-Pokemon rpg either which kind if disappointed me. A friend of mine is pretty disappointed that they didn't announce anything Animal Crossing. But, I am aware that Nintendo can't cater to every single individual out there.

weirdo Japanese shit doesn't make it up for me.
    You lost me at this. I didn't see any "weirdo Japanese shit" in the conference. It's obvious you're not a fan of these games, but man, "weirdo Japanese shit?"

I LOVE Gears of War, but if MS shows a 10 minute video on weapon tuning, barrel aim vs center screen aim, wall bouncing etc etc the audience would fall asleep because only the hardcore Gears MP players care about that shit.
    I understand where you are coming from, but that's a pretty bad example. Smash is a much more complicated game than Gears will ever be. It's two different styles and there are 66 different characters in Smash and revisions were done to almost all characters, stages and general game play. This shit is kind of important and even to non-hardcore players.

But I can see how a non-fan wouldn't be able to appreciate this kind of information and find it boring. If there was a 20 minute presentation on Animal Crossing instead, I'd be looking around and not really paying attention. Great for those fans though.

Last edited by DMHead777; 06-13-2018 at 02:50 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Gears died after 2.
    The problem is they are not very creative with the single player, and they didnt push or balance the multiplayer the way they should have, in order to maintain it as an esports game.

I just wonder when more people will start calling out Bethesda on their bullshit.
    They make a joke about Skyrim being on a toaster or whatever, and all the sudden no one remembers that they had seven years to fix problems in Skyrim that the modding community fixed in two days, and they never fixed them... but they'd damn sure release it once a year and charge sixty bucks.
    Or they make some silly 76 trailer and people forget that the only good Fallout (aside from 1 and 2) is New Vegas, a game they didnt make.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 06-14-2018 at 08:59 AM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Fornite was announced on Switch at E3. Cross platform is no problem with Switch and Xbox/Switch and PC BUT Sony won't allow cross platform. So, if you want to carry over any progression from PS4 to Switch, you can't. Not even your profile is accessible.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/1...ox-one-e3-2018

Quote Originally Posted by El Ahrairah View Post
    and people forget that the only good Fallout (aside from 1 and 2) is New Vegas, a game they didnt make.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Ive never understood peoples obsession with the "new" Fallouts.
    4 was a disaster.
    3 took everything interesting about 1 and 2, threw all of it out of the window and then replaced it a generic first person shooter, with a different shot mechanic.
    Of the 3, NV (developed by Obsidian, a company that knows how to do good RPGs) was the only one that felt like a fallout game and felt like i was in something more than a generic apocalypse world, spending hours shooting large bugs on the ground.

Bethesda is like Apple computers.
    They're just as bad as everyone else, but they've grown this fan base who refuses to recognize how bad they are and sadly to grow this fan base, they've had to dumb down the series and destroy something i once loved very much.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 06-14-2018 at 10:25 AM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Someone put this on Reddit. Sounds like a good time (Daemon X Machina)

I know that Fortnite and SSB are two big titles that everybody loves. But thanks to the anime like art style and bein a Marvelous title, few people is giving enough attention to this game. So I will list known facts about it for the people who want to know what was that colorful mech game at the beginning of the direct:

-The game is made by people who worked on Armored Core, a well recognized mech game franchise developed by From Softwares aka as the Dark Souls guys, and also has a character designer who worked in several Fire emblem games.

In the game you control a giant humanoid tank, a robot or a mech as you wish. This robot will be fully customizable.

It will have multiplayer modes, but weren't shown yet.

Your mech can have up to 4 weapons.

Among the different weapons there are assault riffles, rocket launchers, guided missiles, katanas, or laser swords.

You can walk or fly freely all around the mission map limits.

The missions maps are big but with limit that you can’t pass. The buildings can be destroyed, and the debris can damage nearby enemies.

You can grab and use/throw different elements of the maps, like cars or pillars of buildings.

You can customize the pillot appearance because you can play as the pillot outside the mech (I don’t know if it’s just at the end of the mission or during the mission too). Also there is a lobby where you can walk, and see your mech and probably talk to other characters.

You can loot fallen enemies to find weapons and parts to customize yout robot.

The game loop is. Roam around the base where you can customize your mech or buy parts, customize the pillot, and as there are some NPC there, probably you can talk to them. Then select a mission, enter the mission, complete it, return to base.

The game will have some kind of companion system. I don’t know if only AI or maybe it has some coop mode. In Armored core were just AI as long as I remember.

The customization possibilities look pretty good although maybe not as complex as in the Armored core games, we can see it has a lot of options in the treehouse demo:

There are 5 main options in the console. Orders, Hangar, Shop, Factory.

Shop is where you can buy new parts and sell old ones.

Inside Hangar, you can change your mech equipment, paint it (probably even create a logo) and test the loadout you have equiped to yout mech.

When editing your equipment you will have two options, Swap armor or Swap weapons

Swap weapon will allow you to equip a weapon for left hand, right hand, shoulder, an auxiliary weapon.

Swap weapon will also allow you to chage this body parts: Head, body, processor, right arm, left arm and legs.

The weapons can be of different types: Bullet weapons, Bazookas, Laser weapons, close range, special weapons, and shields.

This changes will affect to the next statistics: Durability, firepower, ammunition, mobility. It doesn't seem to be any heat or energy management.

Orders is where you can select your missions.

Factory probably can be where you craft things? Or where you can customize the HQ? I bet for crafting things.
    Game play:

Last edited by DMHead777; 06-14-2018 at 02:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast