Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

Mr Inbetween (2018) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I HIGHLY recommend checking out this new crime/dramedy called Mr Inbetween. It's got a nice mix of action, drama and bits of comedy, but what makes it most interesting is its lead character Ray and the people and situations he gets into as his job as a hitman/bouncer/debt collector. The writing of the series kind of reminds me a little of early Tarantino, except with less grandstanding dialogue. Each ep is less than 30 mins and it's only 6 eps, so it's like a movie and you can binge it all in one day.

If you need more convcinving take a look at the reviews/ratings and see that I'm not the only one that really digs this show.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7472896/
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/mr_inbetween/s01
    https://www.metacritic.com/tv/mr-inbetween

It's just crazy how it seems like no one is really talking about it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Agreed. It's pretty solid all around. It touches just about all facets of the dudes existence without focusing or dwelling too long on any one of them, which in itself is served nicely by short episodes. It doesn't try to do much or attempt to be anything it isn't which really, when you think about it, kind of adds that layer of everyday random off chance unpredictablility ever present in reality, and that's something that's severly lacking in a lot of shows these days. Also highly recommend.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Recently got my friend into this show, which reminded me that I never posted about the second season--So the second season ended recently and it was pretty solid overall. While the first focused on the stuff that Ray gets into, the second season focused a bit more on the family side of things. We got 11 eps this time 'round, so next to fleshing out more of his family life we got instances of drama and action here and there and though it doesn't feel as tight as the first season since we have more eps, it's still very enjoyable. I still HIGHLY RECOMMEND this show

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Awesome. Love this show. Didn't realize season 2 was even out already, so i'll be catching it soon.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Finished up the second season, and just as impressed with it as I was with the first - if not more.

They do a good job of shuffling the individual episodes segments without wearing out any of them. Brevity keeping it fresh - knowing that the pieces will ultimately come around full circle while continuing to lay even more foundation for the much longer series story arcs, all of which is done pretty well top notch using a nice balance of action, humour, and a full range of emotions.

The beauty of the show is its simplicity. There's no over the top acting, or convoluted storylines. The characters have all of the weakness and frailities that plague humanity, and they don't always come out on top. They seem real. Watching it all go down is as if you're just along for the ride taking it all in from a fly on the walls perspective.

A lot of credit goes to the cast, writers, and production team for putting together such a solid show. I'm so glad I took the chance on this, and i'm hoping there are more seasons to come. Highly recommended.

Last edited by Solo; 12-01-2019 at 06:58 PM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    They do a good job of shuffling the individual episodes segments without wearing out any of them. Brevity keeping it fresh - knowing that the pieces will ultimately come around full circle while continuing to lay even more foundation for the much longer series story arcs, all of which is done pretty well top notch using a nice balance of action, humour, and a full range of emotions.

The beauty of the show is its simplicity. There's no over the top acting, or convoluted storylines. The characters have all of the weakness and frailities that plague humanity, and they don't always come out on top. They seem real. Watching it all go down is as if you're just along for the ride taking it all in from a fly on the walls perspective.

A lot of credit goes to the cast, writers, and production team for putting together such a solid show. I'm so glad I took the chance on this, and i'm hoping there are more seasons to come. Highly recommended.
    Completely agreed

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Finished up the second season, and just as impressed with it as I was with the first - if not more.

What I said about season 2 is just as true for season 3. They keep with the same formula that makes everything work. Can’t say enough good things about the series, and I hope it continuesto go on. The finale was pretty solid, and that ending

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Another great season, too bad it's the last. At least that's according to the actor/creator Scott Ryan. Would like to possibly see a movie or something sometime down the road. I wanted more, so I tried watching the movie that came before the show called The Magician, but it's a mockumentary and really low budget so it's kind of hard to watch and it's definitely not as good as the show.

As far as the show itself, it definitely seems like the type of series that will only get more popular now that it's over, especially with word of mouth.

+ Reply to Thread