Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

Boondock Saints III

Its been over 10 years since Boondocks 2 and over 20 years since the first movie and now they're FINALLY moving forward with a third installment.

Director Troy Duffy has reunited with Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery on the project, with Duffy and Flanery co-writing, along with a lot of input from Reedus. The film will shoot next May, when Flanery has completed his work on the series The Boys and Reedus is freed up from The Walking Dead.

"The fans have loved these characters for 20 years,” Duffy said. We left them in jail at the end of Boondock 2 and fans want to know what happened to them. Norman and Sean have been a driving force to keep this franchise on track and break some new ground story-wise. The fans have been waiting. They literally ask about it daily, and I am really excited to be working with Impossible Dream to make Boondock III a reality."
    It's said that the hope is to turn the Saints into a "John Wick-type global action franchise."

“Where we’re going is, the brothers are older,” Duffy said. “They are coming out into a brand new world that is not like the one they left. They are at odds. One wants to continue, the other doesn’t. There’s a new enemy out there, not like the traditional ones they’ve faced. That’s the thing that is timely about this one. I asked the fan based once, who would you most like to see Connor and Murphy kill? There were like 4500 answers, and some were Biblical; people just don’t give you one word answers. The number one answer was, politicians. I wrote a scene right now where one of them says, are you f*cking kidding? You can’t kill a politician and the other saying, are you kidding me? They’re the ones doing it. It turns out one guy is doing it much worse than everyone else. Without getting too deep into the story, what it is is, two boys coming out of prison after staying there much longer than expected, to a brand new world. They’re at odds on whether to push forward. But the type of people we face today in our society, is unlike any we’ve faced before. And that brings them together and they say, we cannot turn our backs on this.”
    https://deadline.com/2021/11/boondoc...le-1234865849/

So the boys have been in prison for some time and they're coming out into a different world. I like it. And all I have to say is about damn time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    This premise is a brilliant way to come back after all this time. It sounds like it will be a different take on how this franchise was and freshen things up a bit, albeit kind of dangerous been there done that territory mentioning it will be akin to John Wick. I also fear this could go the ridiculous Fast Franchise route and also aim for a PG-13 rating. But right now I am excited.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    I also fear this could go the ridiculous Fast Franchise route and also aim for a PG-13 rating.
    Hopefully that isn't the case. If they're aiming for a John Wick-type franchise then maybe they will stick with the R-rating

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    2 was pretty bad, so I don't have high hopes for this one. Although, I think the first one is way over hyped.

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    08-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 255
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    2 definitely not as good as the first but I did not expect it to be...I am excited as all hell for this! Fuckin love these movies!

Last edited by IrishG3nt; 11-11-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

So looks like we are finally getting another film, but in the form of a "reimagining".

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-boo...on-1235864646/

"Thunder Road, the producer behind the John Wick films, has stepped in and joined rights holder Dragonfly Films to make what they are calling a reimagining of the action film franchise"
    In the current configuration, Troy Duffy will step aside as directing, after creating and helming the original and the 2009 sequel The Boondock Saints: All Saints Day. Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery will reprise their roles, and the story will involve the indoctrination of new ‘Saints.’ A search is on for a new director. Duffy plans to write a series of books about the Saints, continuing their story that way.
    Said Reedus:
    “I’m thrilled to be working alongside Basil Iwanyk’s Thunder Road Films and Todd Myers’ Dragonfly Films to bring more of the story of the Boondock Saints to audiences. I can’t wait for everyone to see what we have long been working toward. We are pressing on without our longtime friend and Captain, Troy Duffy on this one. He has decided to write a Boondock Saints book series and I can’t wait to read it.
    Said Flanery:
    “Basil and Todd are the perfect partners to bust the brothers out of prison. With Basil and Todd at the helm, this will be the best Saints yet. So now it’s time for the brothers to break out the pea coats, re-load, and get back to work.”
    This is for the best. The first film is one of my favs, while the sequel was a little bit of a disappointment. There's a lot of potential to create more with the story and original creator Troy Duffy stepping aside is the best thing for the franchise. I'm glad Reedus and Flanery are returning and looking forward to seeing who they get to direct.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    So looks like we are finally getting another film, but in the form of a "reimagining".

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-boo...on-1235864646/

Said Reedus:

Said Flanery:

This is for the best. The first film is one of my favs, while the sequel was a little bit of a disappointment. There's a lot of potential to create more with the story and original creator Troy Duffy stepping aside is the best thing for the franchise. I'm glad Reedus and Flanery are returning and looking forward to seeing who they get to direct.
    Guy Ritchie gets my vote to direct.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

The Rottweiler
    The Hound of Horror

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Add Halcon Loco on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 4
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Hawk Wesker PSN ID KryptixHawk
    Really hoping we get a third movie. Been hoping for one for years.

Si usted no puede correr con los perros grandes permanecer en el porche!

Number of Horror Movies Seen- 1,911

Zombiefied Zealot
    Hate the voices.

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 356
    I mean the first one is classic, I am not sure I want a third film...

I can feel your blood
    dripping on my skin
    I can taste your flesh
    All I need is death.

+ Reply to Thread