Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang

Helldivers 2

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    This game is absolutely incredible! In all my decades of gaming I have never been part of a community like this
    where everyone gets along and is actually living the part in and OUT of the game, it is truly impressive. Everyone is all part
    of one giant war and it always feels like you are contributing. It literally feels like I am living within Starship Troopers and taking part in
    a Vietnam type war. One really has to play this to truly understand. If you are on Tik Tok the endless videos of people playing this will give you
    an idea. For $40 this game is a million percent worth it. Hope to see some of you diving in and fighting for Democracy! (Sorry, playing this game makes you speak this way in real life.)

It's only on PS5 and PC, however Xbox players are a bit salty about this one and started an online petition to get it on their console.

Helldivers 2 has also reached the biggest PC player peak for a PlayStation-owned game, passing Destiny 2 - which technically falls outside of the PlayStation Studios umbrella - now sitting in second place with 316,000 players. Xbox's biggest launch on the platform - Starfield's impressive 330,000 number - has also been trumped.

Developer Arrowhead is "struggling to keep up" with such overwhelming demand, however, and recently had to limit the player cap to 450,000 to deal with a surge of aspiring Helldivers. Following in Palworld's large footsteps, the studio is starting a massive hiring spree to respond to the game's unexpected mega-success.

https://www.gamesradar.com/helldiver...-xbox-studios/

Last edited by Macready; 02-20-2024 at 07:07 AM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    This game honestly wasn't even on my radar until last week when I kept hearing about it then my middle son wanted to play it with me, so I got it and we had a blast playing. I got my oldest and a friend to get the game too, so we've been playing off and on. The only issue I have with it right now is it's hard to get in the game sometimes due to the servers being at capacity, which I hear will take a while to get a fix for. Next to that, fun game.

I'm currently level 13. Mac, we should link up and try to get a game in sometime. I'm on PC, but I have crossplay enabled, so gimme your friend code and I'll add ya

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    This game honestly wasn't even on my radar until last week when I kept hearing about it then my middle son wanted to play it with me, so I got it and we had a blast playing. I got my oldest and a friend to get the game too, so we've been playing off and on. The only issue I have with it right now is it's hard to get in the game sometimes due to the servers being at capacity, which I hear will take a while to get a fix for. Next to that, fun game.

I'm currently level 13. Mac, we should link up and try to get a game in sometime. I'm on PC, but I have crossplay enabled, so gimme your friend code and I'll add ya
    Absolutely, I'm pretty sure I'm 13 as well! I'll drop my code in here when I boot up later and actually get in. It's amazing how everyone playing this is truly going all in with all the jargon and shit like FOR DEMOCRACY, LIBER TEA, it's crazy in a great way. Zero toxicity and the EVERYONE IS DOING THEIR PART mentality. See, I can't help myself now

I also love how you really feel like you are in this war with everyone like how you can see other Divers dropping in from across the entire map also with their Stratagems dropping in.
    It is bonkers and gives you that epic scale.

Gets even better in their Discord and their X accounts. Actually feel like you are at war and everyone is part of an army brotherhood.

Oh yeah, what you think of those Automaton Defense Missions? Holy fuck!

Last edited by Macready; 02-20-2024 at 01:58 PM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Oh yeah, what you think of those Automaton Defense Missions? Holy fuck!
    Those damn robots are annoyingly difficult in comparison to the bugs

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Code: 0327-4264

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Code: 0327-4264
    Cool, whenever I can get on again I'll add ya. Tried gettin' on last night, but waited in the queue for a while before giving up.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Cool, whenever I can get on again I'll add ya. Tried gettin' on last night, but waited in the queue for a while before giving up.
    Last night I got in within a minute and played for a solid 3 hours. Had one of the most intense times waiting for the dropship to get us out, it was so crazy at one point I thought it was bugged out (no pun intended).
    We had bugs all over including 3 chargers and a fucking bile titan! It was pure chaos and so fun, I was laughing my ass off at the insanity of it all.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Last night I got in within a minute and played for a solid 3 hours. Had one of the most intense times waiting for the dropship to get us out, it was so crazy at one point I thought it was bugged out (no pun intended).
    We had bugs all over including 3 chargers and a fucking bile titan! It was pure chaos and so fun, I was laughing my ass off at the insanity of it all.
    Have you been joining games or requesting help with the SOS beacon? And how has playing with random players been?

So far I've only played with friends and family since quickmatch wasn't working back when I was playing a lot, but I hear the recent patch has fixed that, so I'll probably be doing some quick matches when I can

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Have you been joining games or requesting help with the SOS beacon? And how has playing with random players been?

So far I've only played with friends and family since quickmatch wasn't working back when I was playing a lot, but I hear the recent patch has fixed that, so I'll probably be doing some quick matches when I can
    I have been doing Quickplay with randoms and it has been amazing. Even ones with no chat the teamwork is great. My time with it last night was zero waiting and all intense drops.

I paired up with 3 randoms last night and we stayed together for 3 hours and 4 drops.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Did nothing but Automaton drops last night because they are advancing! Holy shit we got our asses handed to us every time but we always managed to get the main objectives and evac.
    Have you ever come across an Automaton base that has laser towers that can make your entire body explode? Well I did, so they exist lol. They need to be blown up with a stratagem
    as quickly as possible or you will go through all your reinforcements in a heartbeat. One drop after we called in the evac ship the Automaton dropships came in like
    hordes of ants and dropped in hulks and tanks! Definitely need to do some drops together

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Did nothing but Automaton drops last night because they are advancing! Holy shit we got our asses handed to us every time but we always managed to get the main objectives and evac.
    Have you ever come across an Automaton base that has laser towers that can make your entire body explode? Well I did, so they exist lol. They need to be blown up with a stratagem
    as quickly as possible or you will go through all your reinforcements in a heartbeat. One drop after we called in the evac ship the Automaton dropships came in like
    hordes of ants and dropped in hulks and tanks! Definitely need to do some drops together
    I was busy yesterday, but I managed at least one game with my oldest before he had to go and he carried me through most of the match, I'm already rusty from the last time I played

I hate the automatons, they're way more difficult in comparison to the bugs What's the hardest difficulty you've completed so far? I think for me it was Hard or the one after that

I'm gonna try to grind a bit tonight/this weekend, so we may be able to play soon and hopefully by then I'll be better at the game

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    The most difficult I tried has been the HARD difficulty. Fighting the Automatons on that is suicide, I can't imagine anything higher right now.
    I'll be on all weekend dishing out Democracy!

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    I'm thinking about nabbing it for PC, but all this talk of not getting into matches kind of has me turned off right now. I may wait until it's been out for a bit longer.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

The most difficult I tried has been the HARD difficulty. Fighting the Automatons on that is suicide, I can't imagine anything higher right now.
    I'll be on all weekend dishing out Democracy!
    Played a bit with my boys last night and I sent you a friend request the other day, but I dunno if you accepted it yet because I don't think I saw your name on my list, but let me know

Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    I'm thinking about nabbing it for PC, but all this talk of not getting into matches kind of has me turned off right now. I may wait until it's been out for a bit longer.
    It has gotten A LOT better, yesterday there were no wait times at all, but I wouldn't be surprise if this weekend proves otherwise. The game just came out, so yeah, I'd recommend waiting a bit longer for them to take care of some of these bugs, because once you start playing you're gonna want to keep playing

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Played a bit with my boys last night and I sent you a friend request the other day, but I dunno if you accepted it yet because I don't think I saw your name on my list, but let me know

It has gotten A LOT better, yesterday there were no wait times at all, but I wouldn't be surprise if this weekend proves otherwise. The game just came out, so yeah, I'd recommend waiting a bit longer for them to take care of some of these bugs, because once you start playing you're gonna want to keep playing
    Well I found out the Friend Codes change each time you log on so that could be why. But I will check my list, it could be there and I just didn't accept it yet. TBH I keep forgetting
    to check that shit. (I assume you are on PC).

DM, the wait times are basically a thing of the past. I played all weekend and did not wait once. I'm up to over 80 hours in on this already and the itch to constantly jump back in is the same.

Fright, what are you using as your primary? I am using the incendiary breaker, it is a beast of a weapon!

A few clips I made so far:
    https://www.tiktok.com/@cuttycanthan..._t=8kCmqDBaj67
    https://www.tiktok.com/@cuttycanthan..._t=8kCmyHw15N0
    https://www.tiktok.com/@cuttycanthan..._t=8kCn45Nsd3e

Last edited by Macready; 02-26-2024 at 07:04 AM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Well I found out the Friend Codes change each time you log on so that could be why. But I will check my list, it could be there and I just didn't accept it yet. TBH I keep forgetting
    to check that shit. (I assume you are on PC).

DM, the wait times are basically a thing of the past. I played all weekend and did not wait once. I'm up to over 80 hours in on this already and the itch to constantly jump back in is the same.

Fright, what are you using as your primary? I am using the incendiary breaker, it is a beast of a weapon!

A few clips I made so far:
    https://www.tiktok.com/@cuttycanthan..._t=8kCmqDBaj67
    https://www.tiktok.com/@cuttycanthan..._t=8kCmyHw15N0
    https://www.tiktok.com/@cuttycanthan..._t=8kCn45Nsd3e
    Yeah, I'm on PC and I didn't realize the friend code changed, I'll have to check mine next time I get on and I'll post it to see if you can try adding me.

My main right now is the Breaker shotgun thanks to its good damage and fast firerate, but sometimes if I'm on harder difficulties I'll use the auto cannon because it's so good against armor and the fire rate is decent. The only secondary I use is the redeemer pistol. At the moment the game seems to be lacking in secondary weapons

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Yeah, I'm on PC and I didn't realize the friend code changed, I'll have to check mine next time I get on and I'll post it to see if you can try adding me.

My main right now is the Breaker shotgun thanks to its good damage and fast firerate, but sometimes if I'm on harder difficulties I'll use the auto cannon because it's so good against armor and the fire rate is decent. The only secondary I use is the redeemer pistol. At the moment the game seems to be lacking in secondary weapons
    If you are at level 20 the railgun is a must for your special. Secondary weapon for me is the machine pistol. It's only used
    when I'm out of ammo and fighting off bugs or bots while I'm waiting for the re-supply.

The bugs are fighting back! Last night Erata Prime was 80% liberated today it is at 30%. Don't even get me started on Malevelon Creek

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

If you are at level 20 the railgun is a must for your special. Secondary weapon for me is the machine pistol. It's only used
    when I'm out of ammo and fighting off bugs or bots while I'm waiting for the re-supply.

The bugs are fighting back! Last night Erata Prime was 80% liberated today it is at 30%. Don't even get me started on Malevelon Creek
    I hit 19 over the weekend, so I'm close. I was planning on getting that and I wanna get that shield backpack when I can. What level are you now?

Apparently players who are farming and purposely exiting games before completing missions negatively affects the overall percentage for a planet, so that doesn't surprise me

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Im rank 21. I have that backpack and the railgun too. About to dive into some combat now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast