Last Online
    07-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Cool "Will Werewolves be the New Vampire?"

For as long as I can remember, there have always been so many vampire movies and zombie movies. Some of them were worth watching while others completely sucked!!! I think werewolves have been overlooked (mostly because the movies have portayed them as being nothing but slobbering killer hounds). No one has yet come up with an original, exciting werewolf horror movie. This year things have taken a slight turn with now "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans", "The Wolfman" remake and the soon to come "Twilight" sequel "New Moon".

These movies are just the beginning streak to help the werewolf gendre reach a respectable cult statis. In the near future I hope Hollywood reinvents this monster based on pure horror and the human condition (with sex appeal). I'd like more of these movies made as long as they're well done like films such as "An American Werewolf in London" and "Ginger Snaps" (with either well known or fresh young talent). Bottom line is... do you think werewolves will be just as exciting as vampires?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by ForsakenMoon19; 02-04-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Good luck out there
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-07-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID grosvenor
    Werewolves with have their 3-5 year cycle where they are the new black and we see variations on the themes played out. That being said, I'd say they already are of 'cult' status, much like vampires or zombies and don't need Twlight to help them.

The Wolfman will add some critical cred to them though, if it's as good as it looks.

OMG! Step away from the forum drama, NOW!
    Click Here

Here is a short story for you, once upon a time.....there was a Shut the fuck up! - Vampire Hunter

The Idiot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-20-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Werewolves have ALWAYS been ALOT more exciting than vampires, what are you talking about?
    And no, Wolfman, New Moon and Underworld won't help, cause the only one out of those that even has a little chance at being good is Wolfman.
    If Hollywood starts to pump out werewolf movies, they won't be like the good werewolf flicks, they will be more like Underworld, Van Helsing and New Moon. I don't know how New Moon will end up, but it certainly won't be very horrifying and werewolves are just that.

And "No one has yet come up with an original, exciting werewolf horror movie."
    Do you mean just now? Because I know alot of original and exciting ones.

Werewolves aren't for Hollywood to mess with.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I'm with metapher on this one...werewolves are 100X more exciting than vampires. There have been tons of great werewolf movies, and even the lesser know ones are still great.

Some movies I recomend chcking out Forsakenmoon:
    Dog Soldiers
    Bad Moon
    American werewolf in London
    Silver Bullet
    The Howling
    Howling 2
    Howling 3
    Howling 4
    Gingersnaps and sequel/prequel
    Dark Wolf
    Big Bad Wolf
    Wolfen
    Night of the Werewolf
    The Beast Must Die

for some good cheesy fun check out:
    Werewolf: the Devil's Hound
    Werewolves on Wheels
    Project: Metalbeast
    American Werewolf in Paris

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    On the neighboring planet across from Nebula M-Spacehunter.
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Project: Metalbeast
    The middle of the movie is boring as hell, but the first 10 minutes and last 20 rock!

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Undead Cannibal Girl
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    sorry but i've seen every single one of thoes movies strtfghtr, the only ones i really liked were the ginger snaps series and an american werewolf in london. i wouldn't be a werewolf fan if i didn't know about any of thoes!!! and
    Metapher just so you know the reason i named new moon, wolfman and underworld was because thoes movies either have come out or are already out this year (and they are all werewolf movies)!!! you have your opinions but the fact of the matter is thoes films will help the streak of werewolf movies, and there should be more!!!
    and what the hell is wrong with underworld?! that series kicks ass!!! There's too many vampire movies and no, hollywood should not leave werewolves alone, not unless they intend to come up with something fresh and original. By original i mean real good plotline, character developement and depth. and Godfatha werewolf movies haven't even begun a cycle to run out. There aren't that many good werewolf films and i'm sorry but most of the indie films suck!!!!! Even if they have reached cult statis, it must be last place because they're more overlooked than vampires (which suck by the way!!! no latteraly they do!!!). So sorry but as a true horror fan/werewolf movie fan i'm going to have to disagree with all of you!!!

Undead Cannibal Girl
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    oh, and of course i think werewolves are more exciting than vampires Jezz!! that was a question meant for anyone commenting on here!

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    <----big fan of An American Werewolf In London

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

skybrick
    This user has no status.

ick, your favorite werewolf movie is Ginger Snaps from that list?
    I prefer Vamps but AWIL, The Howling and Dog Soldiers are kick ass.

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Silver Bullet

As for gaining cult status... they have been there for a while. Other than Vampires, the Werewolf genre is one that has maintained pretty steady releases over the years since the original Lon Chaney. However, a few genres that are left kind of to fend for themselves are demons, witches and voodoo. Looking forward to the release of the Wolfman remake though (and the possibility of Dog Soldiers 2.)

"Obliterate the screams of the weak
    Who needs a god when you've got Satan
    No god to offer this forgiveness
    No god to punish for these sins
    Tormented for the prize of salvation
    Broken loyalty to life after death"

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Follow BooBerry On Twitter Add BooBerry on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenMoon19 View Post
    sorry but i've seen every single one of thoes movies strtfghtr, the only ones i really liked were the ginger snaps series and an american werewolf in london. i wouldn't be a werewolf fan if i didn't know about any of thoes!!! and
    Metapher just so you know the reason i named new moon, wolfman and underworld was because thoes movies either have come out or are already out this year (and they are all werewolf movies)!!! you have your opinions but the fact of the matter is thoes films will help the streak of werewolf movies, and there should be more!!!
    and what the hell is wrong with underworld?! that series kicks ass!!! There's too many vampire movies and no, hollywood should not leave werewolves alone, not unless they intend to come up with something fresh and original. By original i mean real good plotline, character developement and depth. and Godfatha werewolf movies haven't even begun a cycle to run out. There aren't that many good werewolf films and i'm sorry but most of the indie films suck!!!!! Even if they have reached cult statis, it must be last place because they're more overlooked than vampires (which suck by the way!!! no latteraly they do!!!). So sorry but as a true horror fan/werewolf movie fan i'm going to have to disagree with all of you!!!
    :oogle:

I loved Silver Bullet, Ginger Snaps, and AWIL. Everything else is just kind of meh to me.

Last Flick Seen: WolfCop - 5/10 The Quiet Ones - 2/10 Starry Eyes - 6/10
    Midnight Movie Gay - http://midnightmoviegay.wordpress.com
    Instagram: MidnightMovieGay

The Idiot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-20-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    The thing is, you don't seem to actually be a werewolf fan if you only like Ginger Snaps and AWIL out of that list. Ginger Snaps and AWIL are great movies, yes, but what other werewolf movies do you like that aren't Underworld?
    I would almost go as far as to say that the "indie films" ARE better than the others in the werewolf genre, and not stating it as an opinion, but as fact.

Werewolves belong in horror, and Underworld is action. Just how the Resident Evil and Blade movies are action.

You either haven't seen that many, or you're just full of yourself. "As a true horror fan/werewolf movie fan". lol yeah, right.

Hell Will Be Your Second Skin
    " I'm lost in my head and
    noone can find me "

Status
    Last Online
    04-05-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Follow HEKTIK15 On Twitter Add HEKTIK15 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1
    As much as I love vamps werewolves would be a good change of pace.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    sorry but i've seen every single one of thoes movies strtfghtr, the only ones i really liked were the ginger snaps series and an american werewolf in london. i wouldn't be a werewolf fan if i didn't know about any of thoes!!!
    I never said you werent a werewolf fan...I just suggested some to check out, and if you've seen Werewolf: the Devil's Hound I'm impressed. It's a local CT low budget production.
    and Metapher just so you know the reason i named new moon, wolfman and underworld was because thoes movies either have come out or are already out this year (and they are all werewolf movies)!!! you have your opinions but the fact of the matter is thoes films will help the streak of werewolf movies, and there should be more!!!
    The only movie you mentioned that I'm interested in is Wolfman...mostly because Benecio is involved and I think he is a top notch actor.
    and what the hell is wrong with underworld?! that series kicks ass!!! There's too many vampire movies and no, hollywood should not leave werewolves alone, not unless they intend to come up with something fresh and original. By original i mean real good plotline, character developement and depth. and Godfatha werewolf movies haven't even begun a cycle to run out.
    How old are you? 12? The Underworld series is watchable, part 1 was decent, part 2 was ok, and from what I hear the new one is crap. Werewolf cycles HAVE come and gone...there was one in the 60s, a quick one in the 70s and a HUGE one in the 80s/early nineties.
    There aren't that many good werewolf films and i'm sorry but most of the indie films suck!!!!! Even if they have reached cult statis, it must be last place because they're more overlooked than vampires (which suck by the way!!! no latteraly they do!!!). So sorry but as a true horror fan/werewolf movie fan i'm going to have to disagree with all of you!!!
    You really don't sound like a werewolf fan...you only like Underworld, AWIL, and Gingersnaps from what I can tell. I went on a werewolf spree a couple years ago and watched a ton of em...I'm still a pretty big fan, but appearently not as much as you. Can you recomend some for me to watch?

Last edited by strtfghtr; 02-06-2009 at 10:50 AM.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    Strt gave up a good list, I've seen all of the flicks on it, and liked about half of them, maybe 1 or 2 more. The werewolf genre doesnt have many excellent films in it, realizing that should help.. That being said i'm a huge werewolf fan and you apear to be a picky passer bye

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Not a big fan of werewolves as I've always felt you really could not do much with them.

They usually get lumped into a handful of categories with the primary two being action hybrid movies or they are treated as if they were a werewolf put into the role of a slasher in a stalk and kill sense.

Transformations in some movies are about the most I've enjoyed in werewolf movies.

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-24-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    For as long as I can remember, there have always been so many vampire movies and zombie movies. Some of them were worth watching while others completely sucked!!! I think werewolves have been overlooked (mostly because the movies have portayed them as being nothing but slobbering killer hounds). No one has yet come up with an original, exciting werewolf horror movie. This year things have taken a slight turn with now "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans", "The Wolfman" remake and the soon to come "Twilight" sequel "New Moon".

These movies are just the beginning streak to help the werewolf gendre reach a respectable cult statis. In the near future I hope Hollywood reinvents this monster based on pure horror and the human condition (with sex appeal). I'd like more of these movies made as long as they're well done like films such as "An American Werewolf in London" and "Ginger Snaps" (with either well known or fresh young talent). Bottom line is... do you think werewolves will be just as exciting as vampires?
    i dont think werewolves would be become the new vampire because they're two different things...
    vampires...like awesome nikki reed from "twililght'' drink blood, they dont eat flesh
    as for werewolves like in "An American Werewolf in London" ate meat and the heart.
    although hollywood should do a better job with werewolves...Werewolf in London is my favorite werewolf movie

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Dog Soldiers Any word on Fresh Meat?

Undead Cannibal Girl
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    first of all i'm not listening to anymore spamming, you have your opinions i respect that, but I'm sorry mean people suck!!! If you wanna talk about the post that's fine but I know what i like. how the hell can you all sit there and judge me about being a horror fan or a werewolf movie fan? you don't even know who the hell i am!!! i have other werewolf movies i like, why bother say what they are i already know what i like!!! i don't care about the underworld movies or which one came out previously, i haven't even seen the third movie!!! i just said i liked them so what!!! it's just a movie!!!! this whole site is just people talking about horror movies!!! oh well, some people will never grow up......:thumbsdown:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast