Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    Yeah WB is going to go the high road and respect Nolan if he doesn't want to make another picture, after this one brought in more than any other batman picture. They're not going to keep the franchise running...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

anti-social worker
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    I expect WB to do the respectable thing and let it die if Nolan doesn't want to come back.
    You're dreaming.

Patriot, n. One to whom the interests of a part seem superior to the interests of the whole. The dupe of statesmen and the tool of conquerers. ---Ambrose Bierce

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Here's the kicker. TDKR is practically in the works, so if they want another Batman film, there you go.

Huzzah!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-30-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    ^ Except the man expected to helm is a glorified Brett Ratner.

Here's hoping Nolan has one more in him.

"Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing."
    -Philip K. Dick

I'm a Fag, yes!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    So, Goyer, Nolan, and Bale all do not want to bring Robin into the franchise. If they do TDKR, they'll need to mention a Robin. I mean, if they do it per the storyline. And your arguments for the Catwoman/Penguin rumors are that if Goyer doesn't want to do it, then they won't do it! So, why would Goyer/Nolan bring in a character that all three of them don't want to just because TDKR would be perfect for the third movie?

At the same time, you said there is no plans for a third movie, yet then you say TDKR is practically in the works. Dude, I think you need to get your arguments in order.

Lastly, WB is known to not give a damn about what the director, the creative team, the screenwriter, even the actors want. They continued with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin even when Burton disagreed for gearing towards a children's audience, and those sucked. But they still did it anyway, didn't they?

Despite the fact that Burton pretty much created the whole Batman craze for the 90s (giving WB tons of profit due to merchandising, increased sales for the comics, and even the popular Batman cartoon), the WB pretty much didn't listen to a word he said on the subject of Batman Forever. Does it make it right? No. But it proves my point; if the WB wants to bring in a Catwoman or Penguin, especially if a lot of fans are calling for them, then they'll do it with or without Goyer's or Nolan's thoughts on the subject, plain and simple.

Last edited by JonnieBoi; 08-06-2008 at 10:12 AM.
    When I Grow Up...

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnieBoi View Post
    So, Goyer, Nolan, and Bale all do not want to bring Robin into the franchise. If they do TDKR, they'll need to mention a Robin. I mean, if they do it per the storyline. And your arguments for the Catwoman/Penguin rumors are that if Goyer doesn't want to do it, then they won't do it! So, why would Goyer/Nolan bring in a character that all three of them don't want to just because TDKR would be perfect for the third movie?

At the same time, you said there is no plans for a third movie, yet then you say TDKR is practically in the works. Dude, I think you need to get your arguments in order.

Lastly, WB is known to not give a damn about what the director, the creative team, the screenwriter, even the actors want. They continued with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin even when Burton disagreed for gearing towards a children's audience, and those sucked. But they still did it anyway, didn't they?

Wow, you nothing about The Dark Knight Returns. I don't even know where to begin. Go back to your n00b hole and stay there.

Last edited by cmurdur; 08-06-2008 at 01:39 PM.

I'm a Fag, yes!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    And which part don't I know about TDKR? Does it not have a Robin in it, yes or no? Pretty sure it does. Her name is Carrie Kelley. She calls herself Catgirl in TDKSA (the Dark Knight Strikes Again). There's even mention of Jason Todd, another incarnate of Robin. So, tell me where I don't know anything about TDKR.

It also doesn't excuse the fact that you said that a third movie isn't even talks on a previous page of this discussion, yet you say TDKR is practically in the works! Again, get your arguments in order.

Last edited by JonnieBoi; 08-06-2008 at 08:04 PM.
    When I Grow Up...

I'm a Fag, yes!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Also, I wasn't a huge Dragonball fan. I liked Dragonball Z better, but I'm looking forward to this movie. Just hope they do it right.

When I Grow Up...

UHM's Giant
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-14-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    not only is cowboy bebop one awesome and one of the few animes I will watch, but it also has an extremely badass opening song.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    And which part don't I know about TDKR? Does it not have a Robin in it, yes or no? Pretty sure it does. Her name is Carrie Kelley. She calls herself Catgirl in TDKSA (the Dark Knight Strikes Again). There's even mention of Jason Todd, another incarnate of Robin. So, tell me where I don't know anything about TDKR.

It also doesn't excuse the fact that you said that a third movie isn't even talks on a previous page of this discussion, yet you say TDKR is practically in the works! Again, get your arguments in order.
    Superman is in TDKR. Can Superman exist in the realistic universe? No. Who the fuck said TDKR was going to be a sequel? It can be a stand alone film, like Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. That came out in 92 and had nothing to do with Batman or Batman Returns. You obviously haven't read TDKR, because Bruce Wayne is 50 years old in it. And Selina Kyle was formally Catwoman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are mentioned in it. This movie would have nothing to do with the Nolan series. Maybe you should go read Wikipedia again and fully understand the differences.

I'm a Fag, yes!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I think it would do better as a stand alone film, but that's not what we're talking about in this thread, is it? No. We're talking about the possibilities of a sequel here. You offered TDKR as a sequel and I stated that it wouldn't be done (at least, if they were going to follow it correctly storyline-wise). Your words: "TDKR can be done right after this, so there's their next Batman movie." You didn't state it could be done as a stand-alone film. We were talking about a sequel, so how am I to know you meant a stand-alone film? Not psychic here.

So, in terms of a sequel, couldn't do it (if they followed the storyline exactly). It wouldn't make sense. They'd have to mention Robin, and yes, all those other superheroes mentioned in TDKR, and leap through time. I think you're just a little upset because we're talking about Catwoman and you obviously don't like her. Get over it. If you don't like listening to what-if's in a rumor thread, there are other threads. Thanks.

When I Grow Up...

I'm a Fag, yes!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    And does it matter whether I read TDKR or not? Pretty sure it doesn't. I still know what happened with what characters. That's all I need to know. Don't get your panties in a wad because I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by JonnieBoi; 08-07-2008 at 01:51 AM.
    When I Grow Up...

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I think it would do better as a stand alone film, but that's not what we're talking about in this thread, is it? No. We're talking about the possibilities of a sequel here. You offered TDKR as a sequel and I stated that it wouldn't be done (at least, if they were going to follow it correctly storyline-wise). Your words: "TDKR can be done right after this, so there's their next Batman movie." You didn't state it could be done as a stand-alone film. We were talking about a sequel, so how am I to know you meant a stand-alone film? Not psychic here.
    I never said TDKR would be a sequel. Learn to use context clues. Had you really known what you were talking about, you would have figured out that TDKR could never happen in the Nola-verse and taken it from there. Don't try to get one past me when it comes to Batman, I know more than you do.

I'm a Fag, yes!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I'm not even worried about you knowing more than me in Batman. I think you probably do know more than me. However, what I'm saying, is that "context"-wise you're referring TDKR as the next Batman movie in a SEQUEL thread, so I believed you were meaning TDKR to be the next sequel and I said it couldn't be done. Again, you want me to be psychic. Unfortunately, I can't do that.

Get over whatever it is you have against rumor threads and/or leave. I, for one, like talking about what-if and possibilities for upcoming movies.

So, let's go back to the original argument and stop trying to act like who's better because one may know more about Batman or whether one can read other's minds or not. The point is that TDK has brought in $400 million dollars in about 20 days or so. That's extreme. It's unbelievable really. And there's going to be a sequel, whether Nolan/Goyer does it or not. The movie has made way too much money and people have been extremely pleased by the movie. So, the studio is going to lay out another movie, plain and simple. It's all about monies nowadays. So, just because your Gods Nolan/Goyer aren't doing it, doesn't mean WB isn't. They even left it open for a sequel.

Also, you mentioned Batman: Year One and a sequel 20 years later or something. Here's your words: "Frank Miller ended Year One by mentioning the Joker and he didn't write a sequel to that. In fact, no one did for 20 years." Yet there was Batman: Year Two, but that was erased from continuity thanks to the Zero Hour crossover. So, the true sequel to Batman: Year One would be Batman: The Man Who Laughs. However, that was written by Ed Brubaker, not Frank Miller. So, this proves that, even in comics, sequels aren't always done by the successful predecessors of a storyline and that a sequel was made anyways (just almost 20 years later). More than likely, if Nolan/Goyer aren't on board, WB will just hire someone else like 20th Century Fox did with X3.

Last edited by JonnieBoi; 08-07-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    When I Grow Up...

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Also, you mentioned Batman: Year One and a sequel 20 years later or something. Here's your words: "Frank Miller ended Year One by mentioning the Joker and he didn't write a sequel to that. In fact, no one did for 20 years." Yet there was Batman: Year Two, but that was erased from continuity thanks to the Zero Hour crossover. So, the true sequel to Batman: Year One would be Batman: The Man Who Laughs. However, that was written by Ed Brubaker, not Frank Miller. So, this proves that, even in comics, sequels aren't always done by the successful predecessors of a storyline and that a sequel was made anyways (just almost 20 years later). More than likely, if Nolan/Goyer aren't on board, WB will just hire someone else like 20th Century Fox did with X3.
    Fuck. That's what I was referring too. The Man Who Laughs came out of a small reference from a book written in 1985. What I was saying was that just because Nolan had a Joker card at the end, didn't necessarily mean he wanted to do the Joker in the following film, because even then he was skeptical about doing another.

And Batman and the Mad Monk is the first sequel to YO, followed by Batman and the Monster Men, then TMWL.

Huzzah!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-30-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    And Batman and the Mad Monk is the first sequel to YO, followed by Batman and the Monster Men, then TMWL.
    Actually, Monster Men came first. Not that either book is what I consider a true sequel to Year One (but they're OK). That honor goes to The Long Halloween & Dark Victory. There's also Batman: Shaman which is both a prequel and and sequel to Year One, but I haven't read it.

But I see what you're saying. I just hope Nolan strikes while the iron is hot, unlike Miller who returned to Batman years later only to create the uber-shitty DKR2 and even shittier All Star Batman & Robin.

"Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing."
    -Philip K. Dick

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Its a shame that Miller has done some really bad stuff since the turn of the century.

I'm a Fag, yes!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    And like I said, cmurdur, you know more about Batman than I do. It still doesn't change the fact that a Catwoman/Penguin, even your worst enemy: Robin, could be thrown into a 3rd movie with or without Nolan/Goyer's consent.

And us nerds and fans would LOVE it! lol Well, not so much about Penguin and Robin, as I am about Catwoman.

When I Grow Up...

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up