PDA

View Full Version : blacksite area 51 question

Chief Falling Rock
01-24-2008, 11:38 AM
not a bad FPS game. Got it off gamefly and if you like FPS then you'd probably like this. I'm just curious if anyone has gotten past the giant alien thats on the bridge when your in the helicopter. I can't beat the SOB.

Driden
01-24-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm pretty sure Fright has. I still need to play this

realizm
01-24-2008, 05:57 PM
the 1st demo that came out for it back in summer07 kicked major ass but the next demo they released later that year sucked ass
could have been a way better game if they didnt rush it

Il Duce
01-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I've been interested in checkin this out hopefully soon though.

Chief Falling Rock
01-26-2008, 05:57 PM
wow the ending was so unclimactic and stupid. Just wow.

Driden
01-29-2008, 03:47 AM
okay so I downloaded this 11gb monster and it's meh. The game looks stretched off a console, the controls are off, the default controls seem console like. Left Control for crouch? It doesn't tell you what button commands your squad. Game has slowdowns a bit and I have a great system. weapons sounds are bad, crosshair is stupid - I shoot a bad guy and I get a big X between my crosshair as if I'm not suppose to shoot him and because of this at far distances I can't tell if I dropped him with a headshot fast enough to move on to another target.

The banter is a little over done but at times amusing. feels very console like. small maps, very linear, and waaaaay too much HDR lighting and bloom. I feel almost blinded.

overall its a pretty fair experience but frustrating since you know this could have been much better.

Chief Falling Rock
01-29-2008, 11:50 AM
okay so I downloaded this 11gb monster and it's meh. The game looks stretched off a console, the controls are off, the default controls seem console like. Left Control for crouch? It doesn't tell you what button commands your squad. Game has slowdowns a bit and I have a great system. weapons sounds are bad, crosshair is stupid - I shoot a bad guy and I get a big X between my crosshair as if I'm not suppose to shoot him and because of this at far distances I can't tell if I dropped him with a headshot fast enough to move on to another target.

The banter is a little over done but at times amusing. feels very console like. small maps, very linear, and waaaaay too much HDR lighting and bloom. I feel almost blinded.

overall its a pretty fair experience but frustrating since you know this could have been much better.

yeah mine slowed down a lot too. I was wondering if that was my system or not.