PDA

View Full Version : Best Zombie Video Games

koolmike
03-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Got X-Box 360 for free the other day. No secret I'm a big fan of zombies...just not a big gamer at all. What are the best games out there?

GruesomeDuece
03-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Mike, you've always been a huge fan of DoTD, so it would be absolutely foolish for you not to get Dead Rising for $30.

Great game, and it's endless supply of zombies in a mall. Why haven't you gotten it yet? GET ON THE BALL SON!

Nigbo
03-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeh just like gruesome said
Dead rising is just great

pastor_ice43
03-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Dead Rising, and if Capcom would get with it and realize that Zombies are a must for an RE game, and MUCH better then infected english villiage people, then future RE games would be good to.

KING
03-31-2008, 06:05 PM
Resident Evil 4, 'cause that's the only one I have.

reaperofthegrim
03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Indeed... Dead Rising is THE zombie game atm. That will change soon when a game called "Zombie" (made from the same people that made "Call of Juarez"... mediocre game) comes out. Gonna be the shit.

GruesomeDuece
03-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Call of Juarez was pretty good for what it was. I think if it'd been released at the same time here as in the UK it would have been received better.

Anyway, Left for Dead is still coming out, I think in less than a year, but that game is gonna pwn.

Shreds
03-31-2008, 09:26 PM
Resident Evil 4, 'cause that's the only one I have.

:scratch:

manslaughter
04-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Dead rising was an awesome game,though it could've been a lot better.The main complaint i had with it was the timed missions.There are a couple zombie games to look forward to though.

Left 4 Dead
Dead Island

Driden
04-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Any of you guys remember that game where you played a zombie and you had to run around town biting people to turn them into your zombie army? what was that called?

manslaughter
04-01-2008, 04:35 AM
Any of you guys remember that game where you played a zombie and you had to run around town biting people to turn them into your zombie army? what was that called?

I remember a game for the original xbox called stubbs the zombie.It sounds pretty similar,but it had a lot of humor in it also.

KING
04-01-2008, 05:27 AM
:scratch:

Is that not a Zombie game?

hackerslacker
04-01-2008, 06:04 AM
Zombies ate my neighbors, game was so friggin hard!

koolmike
04-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Mike, you've always been a huge fan of DoTD, so it would be absolutely foolish for you not to get Dead Rising for $30.

Great game, and it's endless supply of zombies in a mall. Why haven't you gotten it yet? GET ON THE BALL SON!

Never really been a gamer.
Getting back into it.
Definitely getting Dead Rising. Thanx.

pastor_ice43
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Is that not a Zombie game?

No, Resident Evil 4 has 0 zombies in it.

opterasis
04-01-2008, 05:48 PM
No, Resident Evil 4 has 0 zombies in it.

Not to mention he said he got a 360, so RE4 is useless to him.

Orange Box is a fuckin blast, that has some zombies in it.

dead breed
04-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Got X-Box 360 for free the other day. No secret I'm a big fan of zombies...just not a big gamer at all. What are the best games out there?

How did you get it for free? Pretty awesome deal.

Like everyone said.....Dead Rising

Gatsu18
04-01-2008, 08:30 PM
This isn't for the 360 so ya know. But there is a zombie mod for Unreal tournament 2004 you all need to try. By itself it's alright but if you do it in a lan party with like 4 people it's freaken amazing! It's called killing floor and it is by far my favorite zombie game out there.

koolmike
04-01-2008, 10:02 PM
How did you get it for free? Pretty awesome deal.

Like everyone said.....Dead Rising

My neighbor has a kid who he's punishing for really bad grades by taking his X-Box away. Guess who he gave it to? :D

GruesomeDuece
04-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Never really been a gamer.
Getting back into it.
Definitely getting Dead Rising. Thanx.

I thought maybe you'd at least heard about it, but now you know. Like I said, it should only be around $30 because it's a "greatest hits" or whatever the 360 equivalent is. Fun little game, and the replay value alone is worth more than that. If you're not really a gamer, I do want to warn you that it can be a pretty difficult game for even regular gamers, but you'll still dig it.

koolmike
04-01-2008, 10:10 PM
<---can handle it.

GruesomeDuece
04-02-2008, 07:46 PM
<---can handle it.

I sure hope so....
:D
Have fun with it dude.

Gilly?
04-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Dead Rising is ftw. Bloody hard though. I'm hoping for a Dead Rising 2, It can be improved so easily. Just by tweaking little things etc.

pastor_ice43
04-02-2008, 09:38 PM
My neighbor has a kid who he's punishing for really bad grades by taking his X-Box away. Guess who he gave it to? :D

Damn....He can't even get it back if he cleans up his act. That kids gonna shit on your car.

Gatsu18
04-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Dead Rising is ftw. Bloody hard though. I'm hoping for a Dead Rising 2, It can be improved so easily. Just by tweaking little things etc.

Yeah like freaking multiplayer. That would make it one of the greatest games ever. It would be nice for there to be more bosses and a little diversity amongst the zombies. But yeah, good stuff.

So does anyone know of any good zombie based mods for computer games? I mentioned earlier that I am a big fan of killing floor but all the same I have hopes that there are more out there that are worth playing.

3/6
04-03-2008, 11:04 AM
im suppost to get ALOT of money today, soo i think im gonna go get a 360 and X amount of games, dead rising will def. be one of them :D

Shreds
04-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah like freaking multiplayer. That would make it one of the greatest games ever. It would be nice for there to be more bosses and a little diversity amongst the zombies. But yeah, good stuff.

So does anyone know of any good zombie based mods for computer games? I mentioned earlier that I am a big fan of killing floor but all the same I have hopes that there are more out there that are worth playing.

Theres a zombie mod for Counter Strike, i think theres some for grand theft auto but not sure, also Half Life 2, I think, has a Resident Evil mod, could be an other game but not sure

Gilly?
04-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Adding a multiplayer option would be sweet. But little things like making the text bigger so it's easier to read. Or even scrapping that and have the characters actually speak instead of the whole reading lark. Having weapons last longer would be sweet. And having the sequel on a massive cruise liner would be cool too. And the save feature needs tweaking.

I should work for CAPCOM. :D

GruesomeDuece
04-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah like freaking multiplayer. That would make it one of the greatest games ever.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/875/875936.html

Haven't heard much about it lately, but hopefully it's still on. Last I heard the game was MEANT to be played in MP. Hopefully this is still on and will follow through on everything they've promised.

3/6
04-06-2008, 11:24 PM
fianlly got a 360..i got dead rising, wwe vs smackdown 2007, madden 08, and my boy give me crackdown..havent really playd any..as soon as i get the hard drive ill register my xbox live account..and buy Call of duty 4 :D

good weekend

Red
04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Resident Evil is a good zombie gaming series however highly unlikely that you'll see another pure zombie enemy in a future RE game. Then again, nobody knows a damn thing about the enemies in RE5 other than their black which for whatever reason has caused alot of rediculous debates on various boards. Its a video game, who gives a damn.

Far as other games, dead rising is probably the best bet however if they EVER remade Zombies At My Neighbors with all the classic enemies from different eras in that game. It would surely own, sadly Rare is owned by MicrosoFt and I doubt they have any interest in anything other than redundant FPS.

That said, I believe ZAMN (Zombies At My Neighbors) will be coming to the virtual console for the Wii this year sometime. If you shell out some money for a wii, you will be able to play this game. However it might be changed simply because some previous games from previous Nintendo systems have been changed like Mario 64 which was altered for the VC.

Gatsu18
04-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Adding a multiplayer option would be sweet. But little things like making the text bigger so it's easier to read. Or even scrapping that and have the characters actually speak instead of the whole reading lark. Having weapons last longer would be sweet. And having the sequel on a massive cruise liner would be cool too. And the save feature needs tweaking.

I should work for CAPCOM. :D

You think much to sane for that. What? Give the people what they actually want? Unheard of! Damn video games screwin over their players.

Rust In Peace
04-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Hmm seems like a lot of people are getting 360's lately, i didnt get mine for free like you, but I did only pay $150. I agree do get Dead Rising, also there Left 4 Dead coming out, you should DEFFITELY pick up Stubbs The Zombie, its more comical, but its pretty damn fun. Uhm also another old xbox game you might already have is just DOOM3.
And I dissagree with never seeing a zombie in an RE game again, what about RE:UC? but 5 wont have zombies, and in the progression of the series we wont see zombies again for a while mainly because of the new control sceme would make it too damn easy to beat. OH! it might be a knock off of RE4 or just bad timing but Cold Fear was a good time passer, shit i know more they just arent coming to mind.
(and I love Z.A.M.N. had it for sega, agreed that is damn hard)

koolmike
04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
ZAMN sounds cool.

Gatsu18
04-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I miss house of the dead 2. God was that game amazing.

3/6
04-10-2008, 06:38 PM
how do u load ur saced game on Dead Rising???

wheever i try too i start right back at the beginning..the helicopter part, wher eu have to take pictures...