PDA

View Full Version : Diary of the Dead

FrighT MasteR
04-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Hate to admit it, but the movie was pretty boring. Did Romero just barely discover the internet? Plot-holes up the ass, social commentary in almost every scene, bad acting, horrible Sarah Connor voice-over narration, and lots of pointless incoherent media and zombie footage that users supposedly uploaded online. Zombie outbreak? Check Myspace ASAP!

Not only that, but the flick didn't even seem like the usual POV camera flick. For one, it clearly looked like a regular movie. Then we've got an original musical score. I understand that this is supposed to be a documentary and not just some "found footage," but then why leave the footage of them editing and/or the dude holding the camera saying he wants to get a better shot or angle? Plot hole!

Should have a more detailed review posted shortly.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/diaryofdead.php

hackerslacker
04-24-2008, 07:42 PM
This comes out on May 20th with NOTLD 40th edition. Ill pick both up.

xxsic4slipknotxx
04-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I didn't think it was that bad, I took it for what it was. Though the narration was a bit much after awhile.

Misfit
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
this makes me sad is it finally time for the person i look up to, to fold up the directoring chair...i hope not

Gatsu18
04-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Say what you will about the movie, SAMUEL WAS AMAZING!

*or at least i think that was his name*

Joker
04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
this makes me sad is it finally time for the person i look up to, to fold up the directoring chair...i hope not

It's way past his time.

Gatsu18
04-24-2008, 08:57 PM
It's way past his time.

Indeed. But at least this was slightly more enjoyable than land of the dead. Zombies with guns just killin for the sake of killin pissed me off greatly.

FrighT MasteR
04-24-2008, 09:10 PM
I actually prefer Land over this. :dsp:

Gatsu18
04-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Naw the amish dude scene alone was greater than all of Land i think. But true there was no other good scenes besides that.

FrighT MasteR
04-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Only good thing about that scene is the fact that it's funny. The rest of the movie is pretty much a bore.

Gatsu18
04-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah... just yeah... heh

FrighT MasteR
04-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Didn't want to dwell too much on all the films faults, because it would steer too much away from the film's rating. Although I didn't really like the flick, it's hard to give it less than a 6-rating considering there are worse movies out there that I've given 6's for, just for a couple things that I actually did like.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/reviews/diaryofthedead.php

xxsic4slipknotxx
04-26-2008, 03:48 PM
The acting could have been way better and I agree that the acid-zombie death was pretty cool. There was one scene in particular that I really hated and thought was very poorly executed.

*SPOILER (in black font)*

At the beginning of the film when one the cast members commit suicide in the field, they had little or no reaction whatsoever; like they were already used to this sort of thing happening when it really only just begun.

FrighT MasteR
04-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Agreed, the characters were just too unrealistic, from their emotions to their general reactions. Just one of the many plot holes.

koolmike
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
This comes out on May 20th with NOTLD 40th edition. Ill pick both up.

Me too.

Diary was far from boring.

hackerslacker
04-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh I just found the DVDrip a few days ago and watched tonight.

Wow that was the most boring movie I have seen in a while. Parts of it were so pointless. I didnt feel bad for any of the characters...and they were emotionless, or they overacted. I fell asleep at some point and woke up to a guy with a sign..I guess the amish scene? I turned it off.

Will I return to it? probably not.

3/10. sorry guys.

steelba
04-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Sounds about right, land was pathetic so i've avoided this. A sequel is on the way too.

cmurdur
05-01-2008, 01:04 PM
its really sad when someone like this who has made great stuff begins to fall off their talent.

Chief Falling Rock
05-19-2008, 07:18 AM
I watched it last night, and for the most part enjoyed it. But I noticed all the plot holes that everybody has been mentioning. And I really wish Romero would break away from his formula of kind of ending the movie. but not really. He either needs to stop making zombie movies (but lets face it I'd watch another one) or make one about the end of the plague. Just cuz it'd be different.

FrighT MasteR
05-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Agreed about actually finding an end to zombies :nod: