http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html

for the lazy 10 / 10

"best game I ever played in a decade"

FrighT MasteR
04-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Pickin' it up next week :nod:

Driden
04-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Did you watch the video review? they have some sex and stripping.. the cover system looks great.

oh for those of us with both consoles

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. "

reaperofthegrim
04-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Eh, they're just trying to give people a reason to buy it for PS3 lol. Anyone in their right mind should get it for 360 considering they're will be downloadable content that is rumoured to include afew extra cities expanding LC larger than San Andreas. The review's insane tho. First time I've ever seen a game get a 10 on every facet.

3/6
04-25-2008, 06:39 PM
i cant wait

Tarantino
04-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Hoping to finish a 10-page research paper before Tuesday, probably wishful thinking but I want as much time as I can get with this game.

Revenant
04-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Just got back from Gamestop to turn in Madden 08 and pay off GTA IV so I can just walk in and pick it up tuesday.

Can't wait for this, I know I'm gonna love it.

I don't know what system all of you are getting it for but if anyone is getting it for 360 we should definitely get the UHMers together for multiplayer.

Did you watch the video review? they have some sex and stripping.. the cover system looks great.

oh for those of us with both consoles

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. "

is that pop in with or without the optional 360 installation load? Not that it matters, pop in is bound to happen for both anyway.

FrighT MasteR
04-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm gettin' it for the PS3. Sold my 360 a while back :ahheh:

Doc Awesome
04-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Pre-ordered mine at best buy picking it up tuesday can't wait.

Freddy316
04-25-2008, 07:33 PM
I spent the last few weeks playing through GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas again in anticipation for GTA IV. After reading that review now I am even more hyped up about playing it. Since I only own a PS3, the decision on which version to buy won't be hard.

XdrewX
04-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow and going to GameStop and putting money down on this beast. That review was really good and made me so excited for this game holy shit!

Driden
04-26-2008, 06:17 AM
grats on your next gen system! I don't have many good online games but you can add me

NA PSN : DridenGX
JPN PSN : azn482

I'm currently playing MGO (norifumi482) and getting my ass handed to me

opterasis
04-26-2008, 09:54 AM
For anyone that preordered from Gamestop, alot of them are doing a midnight launch, except for mine, so I have to wait till the afternoon to pick up mine. I got the collectors edition for 360. Gamertag is Opterasis if anyone wants to do some multiplayer.

realizm
04-26-2008, 12:55 PM
saw the leaked video last night im seriously creaming my pants over here!!! i cant wait till monday at midnight to get my hands on this badboy

* this video a 100X better then the leaked video
i cant wait for online!!!!!

reaperofthegrim
04-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Fuck online, I'm dieing to play the single player lol. From what I hear the story is better than alota shit that comes outta hollywood. Not to mention all the features that people reviewing the game DON'T tell us. In every review I've read so far they mention all kinds of shit they don't wanna tell us because they say it'll be better to find out for yourself. Still kinda crazy that IGN gave it a 10 on every catergory. lol

dead breed
04-26-2008, 03:25 PM
My gf is burning this off for me for the 360. Should be alright.

Driden
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
is that pop in with or without the optional 360 installation load? Not that it matters, pop in is bound to happen for both anyway.

The PS3 with the Cell is able to have more things on screen being rendered and in motion therefore the 360 has to have a smaller draw distance which increases its pop in as you move forward on the map. installation will only decrease load times and transition scenes in a more seamless way

GTA IV perfect score on the PS3 with 4 perfect 10's
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/grandtheftauto4?q=grand%20theft%20auto

GTA IV on the 360 receiving the first NON perfect score
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/grandtheftauto4?q=grand%20theft%20auto

Revenant
04-27-2008, 12:39 AM
The PS3 with the Cell is able to have more things on screen being rendered and in motion therefore the 360 has to have a smaller draw distance which increases its pop in as you move forward on the map. installation will only decrease load times and transition scenes in a more seamless way

GTA IV perfect score on the PS3 with 4 perfect 10's
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/grandtheftauto4?q=grand%20theft%20auto

GTA IV on the 360 receiving the first NON perfect score
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/grandtheftauto4?q=grand%20theft%20auto

makes sense on the first part of that post.

but the 360 version getting only 3 100's and a 98!! that averages to a 99.something average! I can't play a game with that kind of inferiority!! Best go buy a PS3.:dsp: I find it funny that an Xbox mag gave it the 98 though. woulda figured it would be someone else.

I have a strong feeling that the differences are negligible and really in the end, the game will be exactly the same for a few sparse differences.

realizm
04-27-2008, 12:59 AM
My gf is burning this off for me for the 360. Should be alright.

your going to be missing out on on the online carnage =(

Shreds
04-27-2008, 01:42 AM
I'll be getting this for the PS3 for sure

My PSN id: Diebythesword911

3/6
04-27-2008, 10:47 AM
im def. getting this for my 360 then im gonna get the online shit hooked up..

Snuggle
04-27-2008, 12:23 PM
I've got my copy preordered for the 360. I'll be picking this up on Tuesday afternoon.

dead breed
04-27-2008, 03:49 PM
I played this game for about 20 minutes last night, it's great so far. Looks like another fun game to pass a few hours. I recommend it so far.

reaperofthegrim
04-27-2008, 06:21 PM
I'll take minor insignificant differances for 20 more hours of gameplay. :)

Driden
04-28-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll take minor insignificant differances for 20 more hours of gameplay. :)

Here's the thing about the hyped up DLC. the first installment from Microsoft wont be out until 6months later and the following DLC another 6 months later. Sony is getting its own version of DLC as well somewhere in the future. Take into account all the great games people will have to play by that time. 2008/2009 are packed with amazing games will you be willing to spend an addition $9 to $19 (or more) for a few missions or items on a game most people never beat and on a game you probably wont be playing by the time the DLC comes out?

I don't think the DLC will be as big as Microsoft thinks it will

Revenant
04-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Frankly I agree with Driden on the DLC, I have a feeling it won't exactly be the big show that Microsoft thinks, but that being said, the small upgrade the PS3 has in terms of graphics is going to be downright negligible, Unless you really look for it you won't see see a difference.

Frankly if you have both systems you should probaly base your decision off of two things. One, which system's controller do you like more and two, what system are most of the people you know buying it for in case you wanna play multiplayer.

It's the same game even though some people are gonna claim one is superior to the other.

reaperofthegrim
04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
[/QUOTE] Frankly if you have both systems you should probaly base your decision off of two things. One, which system's controller do you like more and two, what system are most of the people you know buying it for in case you wanna play multiplayer.

It's the same game even though some people are gonna claim one is superior to the other.[/QUOTE]

Lol yea... you prolly said it best so far. Anyhow. I could care less what people are still playing in 6 months and what they're not playing in 6 months. Fact is I will be playing it in six months and I will want the DLC. I'm just stating that imo, DLC is more important than a pop up here and there... personally of course. Always have been a huge fan of the GTA series and the story/single player will be my main focus for the first 20/30 hours of purchasing the game. But I have to give it to Sony (and Rockstar for that matter), it's nice to see them build a game that utilizes PS3's hardware. Hopefully (for the industry primarily) it's a sign of things to come.

Galerian
04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Wow, some amazing reviews it's getting. I'm definitely going to get this for the PS3 asap.

Shreds
04-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll be getting this for the PS3 for sure

My PSN id: Diebythesword911

Fixed

Biderbeck
05-03-2008, 06:25 AM
ARRRRRRRRG... fuckers droping out during deathmatch is fuckin up my ranking... i made 3000 bucks one epic game to get it fucked over by some numbnut dropping out during a 3 person deathmatch just screwed me cause certain things cause the game to crash...