PDA

View Full Version : Metallica album and Guitar Hero news

cmurdur
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z224/Frazetta/unknown-5.jpg
Set for a September release.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98233
Even though I've never played Guitar Hero before, I think I'd have to pick up that little plastic controller and rock out with my cock out.

SonOfSavini
06-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Totally stoked for the new album...and a new Guitar Hero based off of the Metaliica catalog?...I'm there.

Luris Blear
06-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Yes. This is by every account a very significant, meaningful and profound album cover. The imagery is magnificient!

To begin, let us examine the field of white. This is a representation of the "blank slate" which James Hetfield has allowed himself after his recent troubles. It also clearly represents the thee pounds of blow he snorted in order to erase every coherent thought he almost ever had.

Likewise, the gray and stylized Ms are a clear indication of the off-white heroin which Hetfield is so fond of injecting into his arms. The patterns of the Ms also represent the extremely prominent veins which were the result of the man's heroin abuse.

Finally, the name of the album. The two words have nothing in common and form no logical concept. Magnetic is appropriate, as it appears the title was written using a Magnetic Poetry Kit found near the cash register of Border's Books, where the band no doubt bought another stack of rock journalism magazines in order to masturbate to their own photographs on the tour bus. The letter "D" is also misformed, indicating once again that Hetfield likely blew away most of his first grade education after Lars goaded him to "snort alone line, dude!"

Yes, again, this is one of the most profound album covers that I have ever seen.

KING
06-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Not too fond of the album title, hope their songs will be cool this time around.

And Luris...you're an idiot.

Luris Blear
06-15-2008, 11:29 PM
:lol:

KING
06-15-2008, 11:32 PM
haha, that was a quick reply.

Rust In Peace
06-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I'll be thr first to say it I suppose, album cover SUCKS, I wanted them to go back to doing the old covers like Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets, not this post 90's "we wanna be alterative" shit. but the music sounds great so far, but very weak cover IMO

koolmike
06-16-2008, 01:49 AM
Yes. This is by every account a very significant, meaningful and profound album cover. The imagery is magnificient!

To begin, let us examine the field of white. This is a representation of the "blank slate" which James Hetfield has allowed himself after his recent troubles. It also clearly represents the thee pounds of blow he snorted in order to erase every coherent thought he almost ever had.

Likewise, the gray and stylized Ms are a clear indication of the off-white heroin which Hetfield is so fond of injecting into his arms. The patterns of the Ms also represent the extremely prominent veins which were the result of the man's heroin abuse.

Finally, the name of the album. The two words have nothing in common and form no logical concept. Magnetic is appropriate, as it appears the title was written using a Magnetic Poetry Kit found near the cash register of Border's Books, where the band no doubt bought another stack of rock journalism magazines in order to masturbate to their own photographs on the tour bus. The letter "D" is also misformed, indicating once again that Hetfield likely blew away most of his first grade education after Lars goaded him to "snort alone line, dude!"

Yes, again, this is one of the most profound album covers that I have ever seen.

:lol:

Galerian
06-16-2008, 01:49 AM
That album cover blows.:thumbsdown:

KING
06-16-2008, 04:52 AM
Metallica = :die:

Your input is much appreciated :die:

hackerslacker
06-16-2008, 06:13 AM
new album cover is weak. I havent heard the new stuff yet.

woodenheart
06-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Cover is blah........but it is Metallica so that says it all

xxsic4slipknotxx
06-16-2008, 09:30 AM
The cover art is pretty bland IMO. I'd like to hear some new songs though. I haven't heard a new one for the longest time. :nod:

Luris Blear
06-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Okay, okay, I relent.

I am extremely sorry that I posted anything at all to the Internet about the new Metallica album. (http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/06/11/metallica-now-master-of-puppet-bloggers)

Revenant
06-16-2008, 08:19 PM
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600942

Luris Blear
06-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't know about that Revenant. If the lackey at McDonald's spits on your burger, you still have words with the manager.

Same applies here. Metallica is paying PR people who should know their jobs.

Doc Awesome
06-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm really looking forward to this. The album cover looks pretty good to me. Death Magnetic sounds ok thought it was Death Magnet at first which to me sounds better.

I have Rock Band so unless they get a Metallica album I won't be playing this.

Revenant
06-16-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't know about that Revenant. If the lackey at McDonald's spits on your burger, you still have words with the manager.

Same applies here. Metallica is paying PR people who should know their jobs.

all I'm saying is with your first reply and your last it seems pretty clear you could care less about the album or metallica, so whats the point of coming in here and posting?

Luris Blear
06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, it's here to post to.

I also don't recall seeing "James Hetfield Lovefest" in the subject.

There was a time when Metallica was due a lot of respect. That time passed a decade and a half ago. They need to put down the heroin needles and pick up some polygrip. It's done.

Highwayman
06-17-2008, 07:22 PM
I dig the new album cover but I don't like Metallica... lol.

dead breed
06-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Great news. Cant wait!! :rocker:

KING
06-18-2008, 05:30 PM
If they have a concert, I am so there.

disposable_hero
06-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Metallica is probably one of my favorite bands... I love the ...And Justice For All album more than my mom, haha.
I ordered the shirt AJFA from this site, Rock World East (http://www.rockworldeast.com). It's a great shirt.

dead breed
06-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Metallica is probably one of my favorite bands... I love the ...And Justice For All album more than my mom, haha.
I ordered the shirt AJFA from this site, Rock World East (http://www.rockworldeast.com). It's a great shirt.

Great prices.

Aurone
07-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Track Listing.

1. That Was Just Your Life
2. The End Of The Line
3. Broken, Beat & Scarred
4. The Day That Never Comes
5. All Nightmare Long
6. Cyanide
7. The Unforgiven III
8. The Judas Kiss
9. Suicide & Redemption
10. My Apocalypse

Credit: Blabbermouth.net

dead breed
07-23-2008, 08:24 PM
The Unforgiven III !!!!!!! :rocker:

Doc Awesome
07-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The Unforgiven III !!!!!!! :rocker:

:nod: Agreed. I love the first two really looking forward to listening to this track specifically.

KING
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
haha, hell yeah!

Lemmywinks
08-06-2008, 02:46 AM
Ahh Metallica can they get any worse.After watching the cry baby movie Some Kind of Monster I have no respect for these guys.Every album after And Justice For All is utter crap and they are wasting Robert Trujillos talent(I'm, guessing he likes the money)Having the game is a good idea but they really need to stop making music.

Leanne_777
08-06-2008, 03:40 AM
:nod: Agreed. I love the first two really looking forward to listening to this track specifically.

:rocker:!!!! Nearly wet myself when I saw that.....okay, I wet myself a little.

Aurone
08-11-2008, 02:48 PM
The Tour Dates

With Down and The Sword:

Oct. 21 - Glendale, AZ @ Jobing Arena
Oct. 23 - Albquerque, NM @ Tingley Coliseum
Oct. 25 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
Oct. 26 - Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena
Nov. 01 - Portland, OR @ Rose Quarter
Nov. 03 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions Arena
Nov. 04 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
Nov. 06 - Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center
Nov. 08 - Moline, IL @ iWireless Center
Nov. 09 - Columbus, @ OH Schottenstein Center
Nov. 17 - St. Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
Nov. 18 - Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
Nov. 20 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
Nov. 22 - Little Rock, AR @ Alltel Arena
Nov. 23 - New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena

With Lamb of God and The Sword:

Dec. 01 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
Dec. 02 - Vancouver, BC @ GM Place
Dec. 04 - Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome
Dec. 07 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
Dec. 12 - Ontario, CA @ Citizens Bank Arena
Dec. 13 - Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center
Dec. 15 - San Diego, CA @ Cox Arena
Dec. 17 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
Dec. 20 - Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena

With Machine Head and The Sword:

Jan. 12 - Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center
Jan. 13 - Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena
Jan. 15 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
Jan. 17 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
Jan. 18 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Center
Jan. 26 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
Jan. 29 - Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Coliseum
Jan. 31 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center

Credit: Blabbermouth.net

Doc Awesome
08-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Not a single fucking Florida date :bs:

Aurone
08-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Not a single fucking Florida date :bs:

:itsok:

I'll tell you about the show if I go to the Portland, OR one.