|Tags: Bradley Parker, Chernobyl Diaries, Devin Kelley, Dimitri Diatchenko, FilmNation Entertainment, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Jesse McCartney, Jonathan Sadowski, Nathan Phillips, Olivia Taylor Dudley, Oren Peli, SUPERNATURAL, The Genre Co., Warner Bros|
The film follows a group of six young tourists who, looking to go off the beaten path, hire an "extreme tour" guide. Ignoring warnings, he takes them into the city of Pripyat, the former home to the workers of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor, but a deserted town since the disaster more than 25 years ago. After a brief exploration of the abandoned city, however, the group soon finds themselves stranded, only to discover that they are not alone...
- Warner Bros. will distribute in the US.
- Filmed in Eastern Europe.
- Writer/producer Oren Peli may be best known as the creator of the Paranormal Activity series.
- This marks Bradley Parker's directorial debut after working on CG and effects for several films like Fight Club, Willard and recently, Let Me In.
- Originally had the title The Diary of Lawson Oxford.
5/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.