|Tags: alien invasion, aliens, creatures, FANTASY, Gareth Edwards, monsters, romance, sci-fi, Scoot McNairy, Vertigo Films, Whitney Able|
Six years ago NASA discovered the possibility of alien life within our solar system. A probe was launched to collect samples, but crashed upon re-entry over Central America. Soon after, new life form began to appear and half of Mexico was quarantined as an INFECTED ZONE. Today, the American and Mexican military still struggle to contain "the creatures". The story begins when a US journalist agrees to escort a shaken tourist through the infected zone in Mexico to the safety of the US border.
- Will premiere On Demand and on Xbox Live, Playstation Marketplace, Amazon and Vudu on September 24th, before getting a limited theatrical run on October 29th.
- Premiered at the SXSW film festival, where it was quickly snatched up by Magnet Releasing for distribution.
- The film is said to be shot "very guerrilla-style, and apart from our main actors, everyone else is just ‘real people’ going about their real lives, with the crazy sci-fi elements added later in the computer."
- Writer/director Gareth Edwards reportedly did all the digital effects for the film himself.
- This marks FX artist Gareth Edwards feature film directorial debut, who has until now only worked with television programs.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.